The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Progress On The G ~ *PICS*

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789 LastLast
Showing results 141 to 160 of 172
    Quote Originally Posted by OMEGA PHX View Post
    The ebay projectors are good, but if you want the real deal your gonna need to do a HID Projector Retrofit, if you want HID the cutoff with the retrofit would be sharp and with no glare, Ebay projectors have Halogen projectors so if you put HID in them the cutoff wouln't be as sharp.
    Retrofit? You have a link to those or would we have to modify the ebay ones...

And dude... Thats awesome ma... Loads of work, But man it looks awesome! i personally prefer the cyber 2 kit as opposed the the cyber 1 kit.. which is what i think you got on there but regardless broo.. its sick

IMMORTALIZED CUSTOMS
    Sid Mundo Production

pullin the old projectors out and replacin them with HID projectors

what do the hid projectors run for price?

2000 Galant ES 2.4L

Experienced TGC Member showtime's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jonk8123 View Post
    pullin the old projectors out and replacin them with HID projectors

what do the hid projectors run for price?
    50ish to 200+

tsx projectors are amazing, if you can afford them get them.

I had to add in two spots when i first started i didnt kno how it was gonna be exactly so this first fender is takin awhile the next ones should be easier cuz i kno the exact size but after adding on it looks like it should be about there. i also decided to shave off the door trim while im doin all this and the flare is going to go all the way down the front bumper and im gonna blend it where the part pops out at on the side instead of how it just goes down half way in the first picture.

and yea it is definitely gonna need a drop after this that front wheel gap is horrible
    Last edited by jonk8123; 04-27-2010 at 05:05 AM

2000 Galant ES 2.4L

first fender is almost there just a few little things left and i shaved the first door trim today i fiberglassed the divits in just gotta sand it down

2000 Galant ES 2.4L

I like how you are like 30 mins from the WI guys and you have been on here longer then the rest of them yet i have never seen your car haha. Looking good man coming together just needs a drop for sure.

1996 galant s
    finishing up my 2.4L DOHC, 10.5:1, precision sc60, meth injected MONSTER.

You are here entirely tooo much!! beam514's Avatar
    Good work man, I wanna see how this turns out

got my new m3 mirrors

first door done

first fender done soon as i sand fill and prime

2000 Galant ES 2.4L

fill??And dude.. EPIK M3 Mirrors, Where'd you get those?
    Last edited by bobmundo123; 05-05-2010 at 09:26 AM

IMMORTALIZED CUSTOMS
    Sid Mundo Production

Yes, Nice Mirrors!

sweet as work bro. cars looking good!

Quote Originally Posted by bobmundo123 View Post
    i meant smooth and i got them on good old ebay. new pics comin soon.

2000 Galant ES 2.4L

Quote Originally Posted by galantman03 View Post
    i wouldn't mold the fender to the pillar, what if you get a fender bender? not only will you have to replace the fender but you going to have to cut the fender off at the pillar, making more work, idk man IMO i wouldn't...
    i agree...im not a fan of molding stuff...things were meant to be taken off when it comes to cars..hell, i remember a friend of mine here in miami one time had something go wrong on his car, where he needed to take the bumper off and he couldnt because it was molded to the fenders. and the fenders were molded to the pillar.i dont even know what he managed to do...rear and sides are more understandable to mold...

Quote Originally Posted by bobmundo123 View Post
    you can use any 94-97 honda accord mirrors, but u must modify them to fit. it usually is the backing plate that the mirror sits in that u have to drill out. its not that hard to do just tideous.
    Last edited by Trevs56; 05-30-2010 at 07:47 PM

Looks good. I think i might switch over to those style mirrors, i have aftermarket ones now, but they're scuffed and faded. look forward to more pics

Quote Originally Posted by Censee View Post
    i agree...im not a fan of molding stuff...things were meant to be taken off when it comes to cars..hell, i remember a friend of mine here in miami one time had something go wrong on his car, where he needed to take the bumper off and he couldnt because it was molded to the fenders. and the fenders were molded to the pillar.i dont even know what he managed to do...rear and sides are more understandable to mold...
    but once u get good at molding and you kno fiberglass its easy to just cut out the damaged piece and just put the new one in and just repair with fiberglass

havent had time to take new pics yet or even time to get much done but i did finished the front right side and hood ill put new pics soon as i have time

2000 Galant ES 2.4L

What's under the hood lately? Take some pics of that as well.

Cheers!

decided to go a different route ive been too busy to put the time into the flares im just goin to buy rivet on flares later so i started from scratch im repainting the car idk if im going to stick with white or not ive been puttin to much time in the exterior its almost completely primed and ready to be painted again it needed to be done anyways from the dents and dings ive accumulated in the last 2 years just about another week it will be ready for paint since i dnt have alot of time to work on it.

and havent done anything to the engine lately i wont be doing anything more to the engine until i do the 5 speed swap but that wont be for a while bcuz i have another car for now so overall its gonna turn into a long term project from what it is now i will still update pics when i make progress i just wont be moving as fast

and if anyone knows how to wire up the mirrors let me kno they didnt come with directions theres 3 small wires for the leds that need to be ran to power and ground but 4 to go to the harness ours only have 3?
    Last edited by jonk8123; 09-20-2010 at 03:43 PM

2000 Galant ES 2.4L

So it has been awhile since I have been on the forum and haven't really had time to do much to the car since its my dd now and the wide body that i was gonna do fell through. Hoping to lower it finally and get rid of the ugly gap in the front and get tires so I can get all the rims back on. Here is what it looks like as of now.

Heres what I picked up today he wanted $1200 for it I ended up talking him down to $625. I was told its been sitting and needs an alternator

Last edited by jonk8123; 04-28-2012 at 09:13 PM

2000 Galant ES 2.4L

625!?!?! holy shit thats a steal if it just needs alternator.

you plan on painting the black one? or keep it flat black?
    looks pretty good i would get black heads and nite shade the tails, and paint trunk garnish but thats just me.

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789 LastLast