The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Tranny

Showing results 1 to 4 of 4

Tranny

Ok so the other day I was driving on regular country roads. As I was driving my rpm were revving higher than usual its an auto by the way. when I was going 50 - 60 mph it was revving at like 4000 rpm with overdrive on so I tried turning over drive off nothing happens usually the car would jerk like when u down shift on a manual but yeah that didn't happen so I ended up driving to my destination like that. On the way back to my house it was normal so what do you guys think is wrong? yesterday I check everything possible tranny fluid and etc oh and I don't know why but my in dash light where it lights up the a/c and heater control turns off when I adjust the heat level and turning it on. Pretty weird but yeah. Let me know what you guys think is wrong I think it is the transmission.

so no one knows huh

That sometimes happened to me too, did you have to go up a big hill??, because sometimes when im going up a big hill and it down shifts out of overdrive when i get to the top of the hill it wont shift back in until i slow way down or come to a complete stop. I think that the problem is being cause by the transmission shift point sensors they are acting up, $112 for both form Mitsubishi. Just mark the plugs one and two when you pull the old ones out other wise the tranny will just shift though all four gears right away if they are mixed up.

1996 galant s
    finishing up my 2.4L DOHC, 10.5:1, precision sc60, meth injected MONSTER.

I didn't go up on a hill at all I was driving like in the cities and on highways and sometimes when it shifts gear seems like it slips into gear. sometime I have to stop and turn off the engine for a couple of min then turn it on again then it will go back to normal but not everytime. Pretty weird just started doing this last week. Well if this tranny breaks then imma convert it to manual.