The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: questions about the BYO intake

Showing results 1 to 10 of 10

questions about the BYO intake

i just got lookin over the BYO intake tutorial, and i was wondering if many people have done this, and if there are any possible downsides to actually goin through with it. and can anyone else testify to the performance difference?

Supernova
    I can't see the tutorial. It says page cannot be found. What is it a BYO intake?

cdaw2001ES
    "build Your Own" It's a lesson on performing the Air box lid flip.

I haven't reposted the link yet.

Sowndwayv - you're right down the street from me. I'm in Rancho. Which Galant do you have, the 4cylinder or the V6?

Re: questions about the BYO intake

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Sowndwayv)</div><div class='quotemain'>i just got lookin over the BYO intake tutorial, and i was wondering if many people have done this, and if there are any possible downsides to actually goin through with it. and can anyone else testify to the performance difference?</div>

Big sound difference, Sounds great, Slight performance increase, its not huge, but its slightly noticeable on the I4 atleast.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(BGR)</div><div class='quotemain'>I haven't reposted the link yet.

Sowndwayv - you're right down the street from me. Â*I'm in Rancho. Â*Which Galant do you have, the 4cylinder or the V6?</div>

i was watching the flash version of the tutorial, dont know how much more thurough the other tutorial is but i seemed to get a basic understanding

I was only able to get the ES i4 :? ..although i really wanted a v6, dad dosnt think more power is necessary. although i would like the additional horses, ionno if money should be spend even lightly modding this engine..unless some of you guys have results that prove otherwise

This mod I create was intended for the V6 only. It can be done on the I-4 but you'll have to remove the lower stock airbox piece. If you don't, the top piece you flip up will sit too high and you won't be able to close your hood.

i tryed different ways to see if i would be able to get the modified airbox to fit. but even after i removed the bottom partion of the airbox <which wouldnt be used after this mod correct?> i still couldnt get it to fit right. if i was to push it down and make it cramped it might fit, but somethings seemed to be all smashed in. What i did notice tho. was that on the side of the top part of the airbox <in i4s only?..cuz idont see it in the pix of the tutorial> is another lil box connected to it, and theres a lil hole between the two.

Is this an important part of the overall airbox? Sorry i dont have pix to explain what im talkin about. But would i be able to take off that part to make it fit right after i flipped the airbox?

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Sowndwayv)</div><div class='quotemain'>i tryed different ways to see if i would be able to get the modified airbox to fit. but even after i removed the bottom partion of the airbox <which wouldnt be used after this mod correct?> i still couldnt get it to fit right. if i was to push it down and make it cramped it might fit, but somethings seemed to be all smashed in. What i did notice tho. was that on the side of the top part of the airbox <in i4s only?..cuz idont see it in the pix of the tutorial> is another lil box connected to it, and theres a lil hole between the two. Â*

Is this an important part of the overall airbox? Sorry i dont have pix to explain what im talkin about. But would i be able to take off that part to make it fit right after i flipped the airbox?</div>

It will fit, I put a few pics up on this other thread you can look at http://www.tgc-forums.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=872 there should be enough additional info on that page to get it working for you, let me know if it works out

i reverted my BYO intake today cuz i wanted to clean the engine bay and u did notice something that u guys might want to check out. and that was my MAS. it was rubbing on something and yea it scratched an area the size of a quarter pretty deep in some area but did not puncture the plastic, so u might want to put something there like a felt tab or soemthing on top of the MAS so u don't damage it or something...just a lil precaution

Webhosting for less than $3 a month? put "pinoyesv6" as a promo code.