The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: trans flush question

Showing results 1 to 2 of 2
    You are here entirely tooo much!!

trans flush question

okay my transmission is starting to really lag on shifting and it fells like crap compared to my gf's new car. i have 170k i believe. ive never changed the trans fluid by the way but its always full. well anyways i read online that a flush might be dangerous and suggested using transmision fluid with high detergent content and let it natually clean itself and replace one quart of motor oil for one quart of transmission fluid to clean out the engine too. what do you guys think? just go for the tranny flush or changhing the fluids more often. or would changing the whole transmision be the best way to go? i dont want to replace the whole thing but if i do them oh wellz.

oh heres the link on that thing i read so u can know what i mean: http://autotechrepair.suite101.com/article.cfm/040206

I would recommend either overhauling the transmission or replacing it. You have a bit of miles on the car and its likely the clutch plate, bearings, gears and what not are quite worn at this point. And yes it can be very detrimental to flush or even change the trans fluid at this time.