The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: sirius radio installation

Showing results 1 to 6 of 6

sirius radio installation

my H.U. is satellite ready so I dont need to have the external screen or power source.

Wondering how hard is it to install I can imagine that the hardest part would be doing the antenna. I installed my H.U. myself just wondering if i could do the sirius or pay the $90 to have it installed. They guys at Best buy said it's not easy but they are probably just wanting my money

Ms Heather B

Depends on the head unit. Mine is a Sony and has that option, but I opted for the HD radio module instead. it seems like the major issue is the antenna. If you have an aux in, I'd hold off until the handheld satellite units become mainstream. Here is one model:
    http://www.siriusspecials.com/shop-r...le-radios.html
    sig too big

it has a aux in but it also has a special input for satellite and the device i would need only cost $100
    Last edited by Misobitchi; 05-13-2008 at 02:13 PM

Ms Heather B

It's a pioneer, so you need the external Satellite receiver. Here http://www.crutchfield.com/S-HibQ5XN...px?i=130P920XM

I installed mine. Mounted the receiver in the trunk and ran wires up to the HU. Used a through the glass antenna and ran the wires under the weatherstripping to the receiver in the trunk. It wasn't hard, as long as you're willing to remove the back seat and the rocker panels to route the wiring from the receiver to the HU.
    Last edited by Fishboy55; 05-13-2008 at 04:43 PM
    Chip

2000 Basalt Black Metallic GTZ
    (Paint Code: Porsche LC9Z)

Genuine experience carries a lot more credibility than the ability to answer a question.

Those are pretty nice units. I am opting to wait for the handheld units because they can double as an ipod killer once they start putting more flash memory in them.
    sig too big