The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: MAF wiring fix

Showing results 1 to 3 of 3

MAF wiring fix

So the shop that did my tranmission last year broke some wires on the MAF plug. They did this cheap fix by just putting butt connectors on it and sent it on its way. Well on monday when i started up my car in the morning to go to work it wouldnt idle! So i popped the hood sounded like i had a miss fire but i have fairly new plugs so didnt think that they would foul out so fast. Messed around with the wires to the MAF and when i wiggled them it would idle fine and then it would idle weird again. So i got it to idle and went to work. Came home from work and decided that i was going to fix it proper.

so here is what i did!

Unplugged it

pulled corroded wire connectors off and stripped the wires.

put solder on each wire and soldered them together.

A lil heat shrink on each new connection

Tucked wires into the factory sleeve as best as possible.

added a lager sleeve to go over the remaing wires and the facroty sleeve zipetied them together, and taped it up.

plugged it back in

It actually worked out alot better then i hoped it would.

Oh and i put this thing on too!!

Got it two years ago when i first got my car and never put the thing on found it a couple weeks ago and decided that it was time to put it on!

1996 galant s
    finishing up my 2.4L DOHC, 10.5:1, precision sc60, meth injected MONSTER.

nice job, i dont get how it works tho, and i have no clue what that 'thing' is u put on. lol explain please!!!

I put the anti roll bar on.! Just helps keep the car level when you go through turns. Actually helps a bit i got some curvy roads by my house so i tried it out helped alot by reducing the body roll.

1996 galant s
    finishing up my 2.4L DOHC, 10.5:1, precision sc60, meth injected MONSTER.