The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: clutch shopping

Showing results 1 to 8 of 8

clutch shopping

what would you guys suggest would be the best? pricewise, strength?

You are here entirely tooo much!! seth98esT's Avatar
    Act 2100 for FWD.
    7g for life!

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(seth98esT)</div><div class='quotemain'>Act 2100 for FWD.</div>

would I get one for an eclipse?

You are here entirely tooo much!! peanotation's Avatar
    yes, any clutch for the 2g turbo will work. i recomend the centerforce dual friction or slowboy racing's new clutch. myself and others are disliking the 2100 somewhat because of it's inconsistencies
    http://socallifestyle.com/

1994 Galant GS 5spd

You are here entirely tooo much!! 4-G-rim's Avatar
    That will work on a 7g 5 speed. I good things about the ACT 2100 so its a good choice. I personally am going to be using a Exedy ceramic stage 1 clutch soon.

1991 Galant VR4 1948/2000_________1996 Galant "S" 5 speed 2.4L turbo

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(peanotation)</div><div class='quotemain'>yes, any clutch for the 2g turbo will work. i recomend the centerforce dual friction or slowboy racing's new clutch. myself and others are disliking the 2100 somewhat because of it's inconsistencies</div>

What inconsistencies? First I heard of that. I've had the 2100 in for a long time now, and I have had no problems at all. I beat the hell out of it and it still holds strong.

You are here entirely tooo much!! peanotation's Avatar
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(StreetDreams)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(peanotation)</div><div class='quotemain'>yes, any clutch for the 2g turbo will work. i recomend the centerforce dual friction or slowboy racing's new clutch. myself and others are disliking the 2100 somewhat because of it's inconsistencies</div>

What inconsistencies? First I heard of that. I've had the 2100 in for a long time now, and I have had no problems at all. I beat the hell out of it and it still holds strong.</div>

i read the drivetrain section at dsmtuners all day, and once every couple days i'll read about someone noticing engagement issues or how the clutch feels different on different days. i notice the same thing. sometimes [after everything is warmed up] the clutch will take forever to engage, while on other days its immediate. just really inconsistent for me, that's all. i'll be going with the SBR or Centerforce dual friction when my 2100 goes in a few years. i do beat the hell out of it sometimes and it holds really well really well though, great clutch, just not a perfect clutch.
    http://socallifestyle.com/

1994 Galant GS 5spd