The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: egr valve

Showing results 1 to 6 of 6

egr valve

I just had my outlander mani put in and the egr valve is bad. so when you drive it u have to give it little accel. or it slips and revs. anyone kno where i can find the outlander egr valve, is there a site i can find it at or should i just get it at a Jy?
    Last edited by jonk8123; 05-17-2008 at 06:03 PM

2000 Galant ES 2.4L

You are here entirely tooo much!!
    i have em hit me with a pm if u serious

Not how fast your car goes but how good u drive going fast.
    Drive It Like You Stole It!
    7G Erubini Body Kit for sale
    http://thegalantcenter.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=57678

Ok so the autoshop that installed the intake manifold told me that the outlanders egr valve was bad, and the galants wont fit. if im not mistaken this is the egr valave right??

and it looks similar to the galant, but theres no hose connected to it and theres another spot that looks like something should be connected its right under the tps

what goes there?
    Right now i have to give my car a little gas other wise it misses and revs, it doesnt want to shift when i give it gas, he told me that it would do that because theres no egr valve on there, but isnt that the egr in the first pic????

I kno this should be posted in a dif. section but since i made the thread earlier about it i figured i put this here.

2000 Galant ES 2.4L

or would he be talking about the egr solenoid? because theres no where that would connect the hose from there. as you can see theres no hose on there and the egr connects to the egr solenoid right?

2000 Galant ES 2.4L

dude, I'm doing this swap. I have everything apart and all I need to do is put it back together and I'm rockin the outlandah mani! I have the same problem as you man, I think that the egr and that other purge thing connect to each other because they both have 2 connections on them. So some how the EGR and the Purge connect to eachother and the hose with the little chamber on it connects either to the EGR or the Purge.

There should be 3 openings on the egr 2 big ones and 1 little One. One big one is vacuum the other is a coolant line from the inlet pipe. The small one goes to the Idle air control I believe... if that helps

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk 2
    8th Gen Rox
    http://mynccruizer.tumblr.com/
    OBX Long Header 12" Visonik Subwoofers x2
    K&N Typhoon SRI 15" L7 Kicker Solo Baric
    3" Muffler