The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: 8g Cyber body kit on 7g

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 20 of 26

8g Cyber body kit on 7g

Since kits for the 7g are limited, I decided to step up and do something different. I found a great deal on the kit and wing ($220), so I figured why not. I am mid way thru installing it. The front and side are on and modified to fit. There are gaps on the sides that need to be filled to blend into the body. Near the back door (circled in red) will be filled to follow the line of the door. (Crappy cell pic)

Once I stood back, I knew the 7g headlights wouldn't look right, so off I went to the jung yard to pick up a set of 8g headlights. I had to notch the fender a tiny bit to get the lights to look stock. I also had to do some cutting and trimming behind the lights to get them to fit in. Once in, I welded a bracket to secure in the lights. Here is the pic of the lights all mounted. (another crappy cell pic)

damn man looks hot... alot of work huh lol.. but worth it!
    ...: Enclo537 :...

Good work, welcome to customizing your G.....

Car is sold, no more G.... Moved on to something a big more sporty.... lol

Not really that much more work than any other kit to get it to look right. Took me an hour to get the sides and front on. then about another 1 1/2 hrs to get the heads in and aimed. I have about another 3 hrs in on getting the sides filled to follow the lines of the door, but most of that was waiting for the fiberglass and reinforced bondo to dry. It is all roughed in besides the back, all that is left is the finish coat of lightweight body filler and finnish sanding. I am tackling the rear bumper tomorrow, along with all the other little dings to get it ready for paint. I will post up some progress pics tomorrow evening. If all goes as planned, it should be ready for primer by then.

You are here entirely tooo much!!
    i always heard that you pose to paint the kit off the car. Other thban that, hott damn it looks good.

Not how fast your car goes but how good u drive going fast.
    Drive It Like You Stole It!
    7G Erubini Body Kit for sale
    http://thegalantcenter.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=57678

You are here entirely tooo much!! beam514's Avatar
    damn good work
    This will definately be unique

Quote Originally Posted by bronxbombr View Post
    i always heard that you pose to paint the kit off the car. Other thban that, hott damn it looks good.
    That is only if you don't plan on painting the whole car. If you are painting the whole car, do the body work to the kit right on the car, so everything is the way you want it. I don't plan on molding the kit onto the car, but rather molding it to the contours of where it meets up, that way all the seems are even.

I found a really good trick that works perfect for this (for small gaps).....Once it is test fit, mark any small gaps with a marker. Pull off the piece of the kit. Mask off the areas where the gaps are (on the car). Then take some fiberglass reinforced bondo and goop it onto the kit where the gaps are. Reinstall the piece, and it should smoosh out the bondo where the gaps were. Wipe most of the excess bondo off immediately then let it cure. Once cured, you can smooth everything out by sanding and finish off with some glazing putty....then finish sand.

With this method, you still have a very small seam but it flows into the car perfectly. It will be a better fit than any other factory molding and look great once painted. I prefer this method to molding everthing onto the car, since over time, the fiberglass WILL crack away from the body metal even if it is a trailer queen.

looks good. can't wait to see it finished

"DSM's, making people mechanics since 1985"
    Quote Originally Posted by polishmafia
    You want real respect from those fools? Don't race him. Tell him racing is a sport left to young boys who are still waiting for their balls to drop. Then while he's out racing, fuck his girlfriend in the ass, take pics, and leave them on his car while hes at school.

Quote Originally Posted by kolio View Post
    looks good. can't wait to see it finished
    Me either!!! lol. Thanks for the encouraging posts guys.

wow, looks dam good man, think u made history ;) ...great work, great work

2001 5 speed 4g64T

You are here entirely tooo much!! Jeffylou87's Avatar
    That's a first.. Looks pretty good!

You are here entirely tooo much!!
    mad hott shit

Not how fast your car goes but how good u drive going fast.
    Drive It Like You Stole It!
    7G Erubini Body Kit for sale
    http://thegalantcenter.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=57678

that looks real good!
    00 Galant ES Turbo/5-Speed
    13 GTR

You are here entirely tooo much!! Serstylz2's Avatar
    nice!

nice job. creative
    Jason - - cofounder of TGCNY
    click banner to enter the NY Chapter

2001 Galant ES
    2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee Special Edition

cool!. needs more JDM heads.

1994 Galant GS-Turbo

Creative and in good taste too. Like others, cant wait to see it done.

Nice!
    8G 4 life!

Mods: CAI,Grounding wires, CCorners, Shaved, 3G STB. AGX/Teins, Addco bar, OZ F1 wheels And well maintained : )

It's not the first but it's the best i've seen yet. Most of them are just kinda slapped on no real work done to them like your doing. It's going to look great with all the extra time your putting in to get everything right and looking like it's suppose to fit, most people just through it on and say alright now lets go show it off. Gonna be a head turner.

good job! the cyber 1 front match the 7g body

TURBO= in the making.......

8g Cyber body kit on 7g

Really good work. Wow

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast