That lexus had a supra 2jz with 549 RWHP

My forks are sticking up extremely high
    1999 North Star White V6 8G
    2003 Yamaha R6
    2008 Lancer Evolution X

The Original FACTION from the BGR Days
    First Founder of TGC Florida 2002-2005

You are here entirely tooo much!! beam514's Avatar
    omfg I hate you. I love white Evo X's!!! looks nice btw ;-)

You are here entirely tooo much!! seth98esT's Avatar
    EvoX is hot ... but wow, fix your forks, that looks horrid and is quite dangerous!
    7g for life!

great pics! love the evo and the bike
    00 Galant ES Turbo/5-Speed
    13 GTR

haha seth, what do you mean by...dangerous? I've been riding around with it like that since i've bought it and so far, had no problems..at least yet.
    2003 Yamaha R6
    2008 Lancer Evolution X

Nice evo, watch out for that loose plastic pedal.....lol.

Car is sold, no more G.... Moved on to something a big more sporty.... lol

You are here entirely tooo much!! 9G's Avatar
    what are you talking about. its a gas saving device.

dayum sick ass evo bro. Yum white FTMFW!
    The "Tumbler" Is Here
    Stock Longblock/Stock PCM | Custom Garrett 50-1 | 17 Psi | Weighing 2xxxLbs
    3xxWHP/3xxWTQ [Current]

You are here entirely tooo much!! Serstylz2's Avatar
    nicenicenicenicenice

Since you own one, are they really as slow as all the reviews made them seem? Or are they just a step down from the EVO 9?
    1997 Volvo 850 T5

honestly, it feels slow as fuck but you can feel it pull and then again it feels slow..idk its weird, takes forever to pick up speed when you're in a higher gear. i still think mitsubishi could've made more power with the the new 4B11
    2003 Yamaha R6
    2008 Lancer Evolution X

Quote Originally Posted by Faction View Post
    honestly, it feels slow as fuck but you can feel it pull and then again it feels slow..idk its weird, takes forever to pick up speed when you're in a higher gear. i still think mitsubishi could've made more power with the the new 4B11
    Meh, I'm sure next year there will be some pretty nice revisions to the powertrain...
    1997 Volvo 850 T5

You are here entirely tooo much!! seth98esT's Avatar
    I hear they tuned it extremely rich to be safe, supposed to get more power just from a reflash which Mitsu is supposedly releasing in the near future.

... but fix your bike! lol
    7g for life!

TGC Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Faction View Post
    From what I have read about the new engine, the 4G63T is still a far better powertrain. The 4B11 just won't put out the same kind of power you could get from the old motor.
    1994 Galant VR-4 GOKUH ( 230kw atw )
    2000 Legnum VR-4 ( Daily, 155.5kw atw )
    1997 Legnum VR-4 - Yes Another one
    1995 FTO - V6 Mivec 200hp

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OJAIBGcQCs0

^^ that should fix all your problems.

222whp/250wtq

Dang. 330/308 hp/tq with only intake/exhaust/fmic/boost controller
    1997 Volvo 850 T5

Experienced TGC Member krispy03's Avatar
    i put an evo motor in my bike lolz THUNDER STEALER!!!!

You are here entirely tooo much!! 4-G-rim's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Distort View Post
    Dang. 330/308 hp/tq with only intake/exhaust/fmic/boost controller
    In stock form...the 4B11t feels a bit underpowered for the Evo X which is to be expected due to the heavier car. The Evo X though has a superior stiffer chassis and handling feel compared to the previous CT9a Evo...even more superior to the USDM Evo's since they weren't equipped with SAYC like the JDM/EDM couterparts.

The powerband is definetly more linear compared to a stock Evo 8/9 where you feel the "punch" of the boost. Evo X's due come stock with a very rich tune...but you can get a Mitsu reflash now for a bit less rich a/f maps. Some have reported a slight difference and improved MPG.

The 4b11t is responding to relatively simple mods better than the 4G63. It has a much better balanced design and more efficient cylinder head. Its also running advanced timing at higher RPM's with no knock compared to the 4G63...which is a result to a more effecient and better designed motor.

AGP has their X pushing the 400 mark with upgraded FMIC, upper and lower I/C piping, bigger catback, upgraded prototype 20g turbo and a ECUtek flash. ECUteck flashes are averaging 50 hp gains. THere is a local shop Big Valley performance that has their X with similar mods running 11's already.
    http://videos.streetfire.net/video/B...114_161624.htm

I have driven the Evo X about a dozen times already and I love the car. Its freakishly awsome on corners, and handles just as well as a Evo 8 or 9 with some upper bars, sway bars and race spec coilovers. SAYC is just badass. My only gripe that is really keeping my from making a 100% decision on buying a X is the gearing. Very close ratio and hate the fact that on 5th gear you are revving at around 3200 rpms on highways speeds. Mitsu should of equipped a 6 speed instead.

1991 Galant VR4 1948/2000_________1996 Galant "S" 5 speed 2.4L turbo

Quote Originally Posted by 4-G-rim View Post
    In stock form...the 4B11t feels a bit underpowered for the Evo X which is to be expected due to the heavier car. The Evo X though has a superior stiffer chassis and handling feel compared to the previous CT9a Evo...even more superior to the USDM Evo's since they weren't equipped with SAYC like the JDM/EDM couterparts.

The powerband is definetly more linear compared to a stock Evo 8/9 where you feel the "punch" of the boost. Evo X's due come stock with a very rich tune...but you can get a Mitsu reflash now for a bit less rich a/f maps. Some have reported a slight difference and improved MPG.

The 4b11t is responding to relatively simple mods better than the 4G63. It has a much better balanced design and more efficient cylinder head. Its also running advanced timing at higher RPM's with no knock compared to the 4G63...which is a result to a more effecient and better designed motor.

AGP has their X pushing the 400 mark with upgraded FMIC, upper and lower I/C piping, bigger catback, upgraded prototype 20g turbo and a ECUtek flash. ECUteck flashes are averaging 50 hp gains. THere is a local shop Big Valley performance that has their X with similar mods running 11's already.
    http://videos.streetfire.net/video/B...114_161624.htm

I have driven the Evo X about a dozen times already and I love the car. Its freakishly awsome on corners, and handles just as well as a Evo 8 or 9 with some upper bars, sway bars and race spec coilovers. SAYC is just badass. My only gripe that is really keeping my from making a 100% decision on buying a X is the gearing. Very close ratio and hate the fact that on 5th gear you are revving at around 3200 rpms on highways speeds. Mitsu should of equipped a 6 speed instead.
    Yeah, I was reading about the USDM Evo 8-9 not coming equipped with the active yaw control... Was there a reason for this?

And the intake and boost controller alone gained like 50-60 horsepower in that video..
    1997 Volvo 850 T5

You are here entirely tooo much!! 4-G-rim's Avatar
    My opinion on why the CT9A Evos we got here in the states didn't come with SAYC is probably because of warranty coverage costs and price bracket increase it would put the previous generation Evo in. This is purely speculative.

Its really hard for me...when I see a Evo X like this, I just feel like breaking down and buying one tomorrow.

1991 Galant VR4 1948/2000_________1996 Galant "S" 5 speed 2.4L turbo

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast