The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: v6 vr-4 conversion 95 galant

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 20 of 49

v6 vr-4 conversion 95 galant

hi everyone ,

I'm new to this and i found a great deal on a v6 vr-4 engine tranny turbo and all being sold

i was wondering if i can do the conversion, Rip out my old 2.4l engine and tranny and wire harness out of my 95 galant and pop in the v6 vr4 engine and tranny, now ive seen it done before but the other guy had it awd ,

this tranny is awd and was wondering if i can make it into a fwd ? is it to much work todo? because this is a crazy deal that im picking up the engine and tranny for, and if possible does anybody know the links to do it? or has anybody done it to a 7g galant that could help me out.

thanks.

well with money you can do all and everything

well If you if all the engine mounts were in the saame place I would go for it... As for the tranny, Iam not sure wha would fit but if you do enough research around here you can find what fits if any....

I know theres a post with a mirage swap around here so just search....
    ---||| 97Galant, E3 16G, Safc, 5spd,Drifter Body |||---

i was thinking about doing that when i had my 7g. its gonna take alot of fab work but it can be done. about the awd to fwd im not 100% sure but it would be awesome to see someone make a rwd galant. :)

7G giving to brother: EATSLEEPJDM
    Team ID08055-
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xWgDB7VGTv0

siniGANG represent!

800 canadian dollars for the whole thing,

but my main concern is being able to make the thing run front wheel or rwd, i know for afact i cannot find the transfer case for the thing to be awd ,

but il try and search that mirage that did it maybe he can give me some insite,

i know in the uk they actually have 7gen galants with twin turbo , its called the galant gt,
    should basically be the same thing right?

fwd tranny from a different engine fits i cant remember which one tho.

wait maybe not.. what engine are you talking about?

use a 4G91 tiptronic tranny.
    http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fu...ideoid=2799274

A filipino's number one dream is to own a car before anything else. In the philippines, most private car owners consider their vehicles as an extension of their home but with one differrence: a home is where his wife cooks while a car is where his girlfriend builds a fire. Hmmm...

TGC Regular
    No, use the g/box from any of the 6A engines, they all mount up to any 6A engine, there is a FWD g/box from the 6A10 in the lancer that should fit, however stronger gears would be needed.

Also I think you'll find the engine mounts for your car's are slightly different to that of the 6A13TT
    1994 Galant VR-4 GOKUH ( 230kw atw )
    2000 Legnum VR-4 ( Daily, 155.5kw atw )
    1997 Legnum VR-4 - Yes Another one
    1995 FTO - V6 Mivec 200hp

from what i have seen the mounts are the same. but you have to move lines, the battery, and some other crap. i was thinking about doing it for a little and was like its much esier to do the hybrid motor

"DSM's, making people mechanics since 1985"
    Quote Originally Posted by polishmafia
    You want real respect from those fools? Don't race him. Tell him racing is a sport left to young boys who are still waiting for their balls to drop. Then while he's out racing, fuck his girlfriend in the ass, take pics, and leave them on his car while hes at school.

so i should take the struggle and do it? yay or nay?
    transmission is going to be hard to find and prolly expensive,
    my cars automatic
    i wanna keep it that way if possible, i dont really car much for stick. im in the city plus it would be funny for an auto car to beat a stick hehe.

TGC Regular
    Well, I say go for it, but then I'm biased :P

i had found the tranny in the uk for 800 shipped

i was gonna do 6a12 N/A FWD tranny with the 6a12TT and it's ecu

You want real respect from those fools? Don't race him. Tell him racing is a sport left to young boys who are still waiting for their balls to drop. Then while he's out racing, fuck his girlfriend in the ass, take pics, and leave them on his car while hes at school.

Experienced TGC Member krispy03's Avatar
    i have a v8 vr4 THUNDER STEALER!!!!!

Experienced TGC Member Blue Ice's Avatar
    From the research i've done before, the 7g came with a 6a12(TT if twin turbo) and the 8g had a 6a13(TT) where the difference comes in, i'm not sure, could be a mount thing. I would think the tranny issue would be the least of your worries compared to the ECU and wiring harness issue you'd have.

You mentioned you had the enigne and tranny, but nothing about the ecu and wiring harness. these are most important for getting the engine to run. If it is infact a 6a13 and the wiring harness came with it, you would then need to see how the other accessory connectors match up, ie dash gauges, lights,etc. If they don't match then i would suggest finding a complete 6a12 harness and ECU. This would probably match all the stuff behind the dash, but good luck fnding one and getting it shipped from over seas.

If that doesn't work then, you'd be forced to fabricate a wireing harness, which is most tedious to do, then trouble shooting any problems that may come up.

I would think it would be easier finding a FWD V6 automatic tranny. it will either bolt up, or it won't bolt up... But then comes the issue of also getting the correct TCU, and getting it to plug into the tranny and the ECU.

Can it be done?... i'm sure it can. Just be prepared to read many wiring diagrams to do it.

Now that's how you steal someones thunder

Another problem besides the typical install and making it run...you will have maintainence issues. That engine was never released here and I must say the Mitsu techs are DUMB! good luck getting it serviced properly

"Why fart and waste it when you can burp and taste it!"

i think that the avenger transmission would work for it, unless the v6 model is sitting the opposit way lol but it pretty much the same car so i dont think that it would be the other way.

1996 galant s
    finishing up my 2.4L DOHC, 10.5:1, precision sc60, meth injected MONSTER.

TGC Regular
    Okay then....

the 7G came out with the 6A12TT yes, and the 6A13TT was in the 8G, they are mounted opposite to each other.

The 7G has the G/box on the left, the 8G on the right. You don't have to use the VR-4 ECU, you can go aftermarket, this is by far the easiest way to go around the whole set up. All you'll need to do is splice into your stock wiring harness for all the teduious bits like A/C etc, and just run wires for the sensors, injectors etc....

As for servicing, It's pretty straight forward, you aren't running the AYC or anything, check out www.ClubVR4.com if you get stuck.

the tranny has to come from a 6A motor

the difference between the 6a13 and 6a12 is compression ration and displacement. one is a 2.0 the other 2.5(6a13)

the only feasable way is if you had a complete front clip and buy the 6a12 N/A tranny

and if your going through the trouble of the swap i don't think matenance will be an issue. just be prepared to wait a couple weeks for parts

TGC Regular
    You can get a 6A13 tranny, they made a FWD version in the legnum

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast