The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: v6 vr-4 conversion 95 galant

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Showing results 21 to 40 of 49
    ecu wireharness everything comes with it

i

so where can i find hardcore details , because everything sounds so tempting now , you guys make it sound easy to do , but again, the tranny, where can i buy it and which one is most sutible and which one handles most hp and Do i need to change the axels on the car?

parts lists basically

TGC Regular
    Take a look at the mirage guys over in the states there, they have done a few 6A13TT FWD conversions.

Basically you will need:

Engine
    ECU + Wiring
    6A FWD tranny.... might have to source from Japan ( I would suggest the one from the N/A 6A13 )
    A lot of time

Most of your stock parts should handle the power increase
    1994 Galant VR-4 GOKUH ( 230kw atw )
    2000 Legnum VR-4 ( Daily, 155.5kw atw )
    1997 Legnum VR-4 - Yes Another one
    1995 FTO - V6 Mivec 200hp

same tranmissions?

http://www.club3g.com/forum/showthread.php?t=94690

check out that link tell me if this is true, because if it is i can have a better chance of finding the transmission,

i think im really close to purchasing the whole kit soon if its 100 percent doable without to much fabrication and stuff like that

if anybody knows where i can pick up a transmission that will work with everything it would be GREATLY APPRECIATED!
    and i can give u the link for the engine and tranny ecu wireharness turbos

Make: Mitsubishi
    Model: VR 4 Galant
    Year: 92-96
    Engine code: 6A13
    Horse power: 240hp
    Valve train: DOCH
    Mileage: Approx 25-35 Thousand
    Condition: Best

Complete Motor Complete Head
    Intake Manifold Distributor
    Turbo Auto
    Power Steering Exhaust
    Alternator Throttle Body
    Fuel Rail Injectors

just a lil more help , Sorry to keep bugging u guys, but im sick of having the slowest car in canada :(

TGC Regular
    Ummm.... the engine has 280 HP not 240 lol

I don't think the 4G64 g/box would work...

they contradict themselves a lot on that forum.... they argue a lot too..

Tranny's that will fit the 6A13tt are from the following motors

6A10 - JDM Lancer and Mirage 1991 - 1995 FWD
    6A11 - JDM Lancer FWD - 1995- 1998 FWD
    6A12 - JDM Galant 1992-1995 FWD
    6A12TT - VR-4 1992-1995 AWD
    6A13 - Legnum and JDM Galant - 1996 - 2000 FWD
    6A13TT - Galant and Legnum VR-4 AWD
    Last edited by Goku; 05-21-2008 at 10:49 PM

Man I've been checking and can't find any place selling the axels and tranny for the conversion!!! Need help!

Try to find a FTO Tranny if you can! you are going to have to do some mad modifying to make this work as the tranny will be on the driver side. Its possible if you have the time to do it.!

1996 galant s
    finishing up my 2.4L DOHC, 10.5:1, precision sc60, meth injected MONSTER.

uk ebay

and the 6a12TT swap is easier tranny stays on the same side

there actually isn't to much modifying

"DSM's, making people mechanics since 1985"
    Quote Originally Posted by polishmafia
    You want real respect from those fools? Don't race him. Tell him racing is a sport left to young boys who are still waiting for their balls to drop. Then while he's out racing, fuck his girlfriend in the ass, take pics, and leave them on his car while hes at school.

6a13tt engine is all i have , no 6a12 avalible in canada , :( but more hp is better :)
    uk ebay huh? il check that out 2 , but couldnt find nething there , but il try again

F4A42 is this transmission compatible? its off a 2.5l Galant V6 and its going for CHEAP!

Quote Originally Posted by kolio View Post
    uk ebay

and the 6a12TT swap is easier tranny stays on the same side

there actually isn't to much modifying
    Yea i wasnt paying attention i was looking at one of the new FTO motors and it was switched. It shouldnt be that hard if you can get the tranny, ecu, and everything that you need to make it run. i dont know how hard it is going to be finding a wiring harness for the car though.

1996 galant s

TGC Regular
    Make one

Experienced TGC Member Blue Ice's Avatar
    You will have to do a lot of fabricating for your 6a13 in a 7g. Honestly it might be easier to buy an 8g and put the engine in that car. Ever think about how much shipping a transmission from the UK to Canada would cost? $$$whew$$$

Plain and simple THERE IS NO "KIT" If you absolutely must have that engine then like i said buy a V6 8g. You'd have a better chance of making the engine fit and you might get lucky with the tranny too. You want this to be cheap and simply, and we are all telling you it's neither. This is kind of like the guy who wanted to put an Evo 4g63t in a 7g.

If you want to put a V6TT in the 7g give up on the 6a13 and find a 6a12. They are available from time to time. You'll probably pay more for the engine than the deal on the 6a13, but there won't be as much fabricating. An item is only a good deal if it doesn't cause you a lot of heart ache and money in the long run.

What abou useing the motor and transmission out of a 3000gt?? Get the VR4 motor and a 5spd fwd transmission from a 3000gt se??

1996 galant s

TGC Regular
    the 3000GT engine will fit, but it requires just as much if not more modification.
    Last edited by Goku; 05-27-2008 at 08:10 PM

Man o man, I'm hearing so many different answers,

I did research, in newzeland the galant gt is a 6a13TT awd car and its a 95 , some people told me my us design should still be a bolt on? So I'm really confused at this point ... A 6a12TT is not avalibe in this country what so ever , the 6a13 is avalibe and he's only got 2 left , I'm thinkin of giving up on this if I can't find the right tranny , I'm willing to pay the shipping , I have a friend that works for ups he's got amazing rates and know how to get around certain costs ;) so , I need adive people , would like to see the swap done ? If so help me gather info! Because I bet a lot of u would love to have a twin turbo engine in ur cars

Quote Originally Posted by Goku View Post
    the 3000GT engine will fit, but it requires just as much if not more modification.
    But if you are good you can make it work. Looking at it dosnt seem that hard just need the standard stuff to make it work along with adding new motor mounts.

1996 galant s

so i guess my research is all wrong,

the Galant GT was a 2.0l Engine, the 6a13tt does not bolt on directly , the 6a12tt is the one that bolts on directly
    if there isnt much of a difference in the application i will still do it,

if anybody thinks else wise let me know. and does anybody knows Mitsubishi's number? i would really like to talk to them direct and get the schematics of both models and engines and applications, il pay money for it i dont care ,if i do choose to do it i wanna do it Right.

The only way that i could help you is by seeing the motor pulled out and haveing the new motor mocked up. Then i could show you ware the new mounts need to be and how everything is going to work. No one to my knowlage has done this swap yet, so you are working on limited knowlage. Goku would be your best bet for help as he sees them enough to know how they look and mabe ware the mounts are.

1996 galant s

Experienced TGC Member Blue Ice's Avatar
    6a12TT is Available in Japan and other over seas, as would be the tranny. I would suggest to look at engine bays with a 6a12TT engine in so you can get an idea of what you'll need to do. SEARCH, there are pictures of a 7g 6a12TT engine bays. From what i gathered it IS NOT a direct bolt in. you will have to fabricate mounts, but more importantly, i think you'll be able to put mounts where they should go.

6a13TT came with the 8g, no matter what year it may have been produced. Most world market Galants changed around 95/96 to the 8g while most north american models were still the 7g. Mitsu modified it for the US market from 96-98 hence the different front bumper and trunk tail lights. so don't simply go by the year, you need to reference the specific generation it came from.

you need to get the help from those who have a 7g VR4. You should ask the guys who live in europe or asia. they have them readily there. or even get Goku to post a pic of his engine bay.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast