The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Header Question for a 4G64

Showing results 1 to 8 of 8

Header Question for a 4G64

I have an 03 Galant. Will a SES Light turn on if I replace the stock header with an aftermarket? IF it does and I use spark plug foulers on them to bypass the light, will they pass emissions and inspection? Thanks

Experienced TGC Member Galantfan88's Avatar
    No you will be fine...what headers you going for?

depends really, My car is a 2000 Fed-spec and the primary o2 is in front of the cat away from the header. I believe the Cali specs have one in the header. Nonetheless, you should probably use the foulers anyway just to be safe.
    Jigz-TGCIL Sosick Motorsports

R.I.P. Christopher "CRAZY CHRIS" Beckmann
    "you dont appreciate friendship until you lose your bestfriend...."
    I'd rather have the knowledge and ability to do it than the money to buy it already done.

You are here entirely tooo much!! IVORY_G's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Conjee View Post
    I have an 03 Galant. Will a SES Light turn on if I replace the stock header with an aftermarket? IF it does and I use spark plug foulers on them to bypass the light, will they pass emissions and inspection? Thanks
    If you're car is Cali-Spec, Yes. Fed-Spec, No.

If its Cali-Spec you would be best off relocating the 2nd O2 sensor from in front of the second Cat to behind the second Cat like I did. I tried a spacer and it didnt work. So I moved it behind the second 1. Worked like a charm.
    JDM Zenki Conversion

Lazy hands make for poverty, but diligent hands bring wealth. (Proverbs 10:4 NIV)

I think mine is a Cali-Spec because of the 2 CATs and 2 Fans. The O2 sensor is on the front of the Header. I am looking at the EB headers on Ebay, $84 shipped, not looking for any type of performance just trying it out that's all. I guess I'll purchase that and find a way to bypass the SES Light. All I am worried is if I can pass emissions and inspections in P.A. Since you guys didn't say anything about that I assume I will pass it?

There are 2 O2 sensors on the car, one at the header/first cat [They're Integrated] and another after the first cat but before the 2nd. The first O2 sensor ensures your engine is running properly, & the 2nd O2 sensor ensures your 1st cat/header is working properly.

I bought the same Header, no issues works fine. Now as for you passing Smog, NOT GONNA HAPPEN. It's illegal to remove a Cat, and you will be fined and not pass. Period. You'll have to swap out b4 a Smog test.
    JDM Zenki Conversion

Lazy hands make for poverty, but diligent hands bring wealth. (Proverbs 10:4 NIV)

Thanks for the Info Ivory.

Ur wlcm
    JDM Zenki Conversion