The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: 2.4 L Header

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Showing results 21 to 32 of 32
    i agree, the obx are alot better then stock and i didnt have to pay double to get top of the line, im planning on going turbo in the future anyways so i wont need them. but i also agree that rpw and dc are better, but for the price of obx its a pretty good deal
    Last edited by jonk8123; 05-27-2008 at 02:49 PM

2000 Galant ES 2.4L

glad to hear some positive stuff about OBX cuz I have some on the way! :o
    2002 Mitsubishi Galant ES 2.4L 4G64 */* !!NEW!! 03 Honda CBR F4i
    * a little done -*- more to come *
    My Dual Halo H3 Projector Project

Header for the G4JS(4G64 DOHC) will fit.

Header 1

Header 2
    94 Galant GS: 4G67 head, 1G IM, Evo 8 TB, DeltaCam 272/264 Cams, Test Pipe, OE Avenger V6 60mm catback w/muffler, modified Outlander header, DIY COP setup, B/S delete, 315cc injectors, AEM UEGO WBO2, Black case 3G ECU

1994 GS FYI
    DSM/CSM Manuals

Experienced TGC Member
    You know Ive been thinking. When I do upgrade to an aftermarket header, it would make sense if a CEL light or something would come on, correct. Because you are eliminating the pre-cat. Considering the order of O2 sensor right at the start, than the pre-cat in the header, than another O2 sensor, than the full cat. So wouldent that second sensor set off a code or something because it is reading that more of that crap is getting through. What would be the right way to get around this. Just weld a new bung hole thing (I forget what its called) behind the main Cat or what because I have to go in for emissions testing in september and they wont test is a light is on. I know you can just remove the bulb or whatever but I would rather it be done right. Know what I mean.

here you go whitegalant
    http://forums.evolutionm.net/showthread.php?t=114931

or you could put the second o2 sensor behind the main cat but its not necessary

oh and they are just called o2 bungs you dont have to say the hole part but it made me laugh lol
    Brandon - 2001 Galant GST 5speed
    Wiseco // Eagle // PTE // Holset // Turbonetics // Supertech // Blox // Prosport // Vibrant // Innovate // OpenEcu // Mishimoto // Magnaflow // Walbro // XXR // Rotora // Brembo // Hawk // R1 Concepts // Dc Sports

You are here entirely tooo much!! RAZ_76's Avatar
    Might also want to remember that Fed Spec Galants like mine have only one O2 sensor on the main Cat.

Quote Originally Posted by underated View Post
    Very good tutorial by the way

I got a cali spec galant and i got obx headers (the two piece one, it deleted my reg and pre cat) and now a magnaflow hi-flow cat and stock resonator and i dont have a CEL on.

2000 Galant ES 2.4L

http://www.cmfabrications.com/main.sc

i had this header on my G love it, kinda pricey but worth it.
    2004 Nissan Maxima3.5 V6 DOHC

Experienced TGC Member n3oAcid24's Avatar
    i have the RPW headers..... no complaints here... :)
    n3oAcid24 = 01' Galant I4

Whats the point in getting headers? Youre not gonna gain anything especially with the auto tranny sucking up that extra hp. Well still get spanked off the dig. running 17's is no where close to being decent in this day n age. If you want to get the most out of your headers, youre gonna need to do some head work and run a more aggressive cam. spending 200-500 bucks on headers is pointless unless you plan on opening your block to do some internal work. In regards to getting cheaper headers, they will eventually crack....the welds on them arent good quality. Id give it a year to 2 years tops before you get a leak due to bad welds. Spend the extra cash and never worry about your shiet braking. OBX i feel isnt quality goods... I doubt you would buy an OBX suspension for the G if they ever planned on making it.
    02 Galant ES I4 ~ DD. JDM Kit/BBS LM Gold/D2/EvoRecaro/EGR/JL Audio/Eclipse Audio/Greddy/Injen/Project Kics/Brembos
    2010 Lexus IS350c Tungsten Pearl Mica/Volk GTM/H&R Springs/F sport intake/Project Kics/Lems Shift knob
    2010 Lexus IS-F Ultrasonic Blue/Volk TE37/HKS Hipermax IV GT/Ventross Kit/Lexon/JoezPerformance/Tom's/Project Kics/RR-racing tune
    2009 Acura TL w/Tech package A-spec Kit/ BBS LM/Tein

blue8g
    sorry for reviving a dead thread but i didn't want to make a new one.....do i have to buy a full catback in order to have a relatively free-flowing midpipe? because i already have a muffler, and i'm (hopefully) getting a DC sports header....

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12