The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: 2.4 L Header

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 20 of 32

2.4 L Header

After reading on headers for a 4 cyl. 8G, I'm still debating on which one is better. So, based on personal experience, what would ya'll recommend? Kamikaze, RPW, DC, etc ? Thanks.

You are here entirely tooo much!! Serstylz2's Avatar
    The DC has good reviews with some of our members, RPW will be hard to get, and barely anyone has Kamikaze

Obx header from ebay. cheap an easy ($170). headers dont add much power at all so why pay a bazillion dollars for a DC Sports ($350-400), RPW ($600-700), or Kamizake ($300-400) header for what a whopping 5 hp tops?

You are here entirely tooo much!! RAZ_76's Avatar
    RPW and then DC

Experienced TGC Member krispy03's Avatar
    i got dc headers for about 200 shipped. when they got here the UPS guy put them on while i waited

Thunder Stealer!!!!!

I guess let me rephrase a little. Which header will be full length (replacing a cat back) yet has all the necessary O2 sensors? DC ?

Quote Originally Posted by krispy03 View Post
    i got dc headers for about 200 shipped. when they got here the UPS guy put them on while i waited
    If not ebay, how about a link? :)
    Last edited by Alexey; 05-20-2008 at 10:34 PM

You are here entirely tooo much!! Serstylz2's Avatar
    sarcasm > you

Quote Originally Posted by Alexey View Post
    Which header will be full length (replacing a cat back) yet has all the necessary O2 sensors? DC ?
    nobody makes a header that replaces the cat back. headers go in front of the cat, not in back of it.

Webhosting for less than $3 a month? put "pinoyesv6" as a promo code.

[QUOTE=Alexey;375834]I guess let me rephrase a little. Which header will be full length (replacing a cat back) yet has all the necessary O2 sensors? DC ?

Obx headers are full length and have both O2 sensors in the stock locations the actual header an midpipe. then u have to find a cat back, which also can be found dirt cheap on ebay.. just go on an type in "galant exhaust" and youll find a cat back. u can get a megan catback for like 350 or a simple ebay catback for about 200 complete shipped an all. an exhaust isnt 1 solid piece.

Quote Originally Posted by Trevs56 View Post
    Obx header from ebay. cheap an easy ($170). headers dont add much power at all so why pay a bazillion dollars for a DC Sports ($350-400), RPW ($600-700), or Kamizake ($300-400) header for what a whopping 5 hp tops?
    wrong. Most CHEAP headers don't add power. Although, some known brands i.e. DC and RPW are DYNO proven to add power.

Anything that can let the car breathe a little easier will add power. Just depends on how good the part is developed and made.
    Jigz-TGCIL Sosick Motorsports

R.I.P. Christopher "CRAZY CHRIS" Beckmann
    "you dont appreciate friendship until you lose your bestfriend...."
    I'd rather have the knowledge and ability to do it than the money to buy it already done.

Quote Originally Posted by 4g63lover View Post
    wrong. Most CHEAP headers don't add power. Although, some known brands i.e. DC and RPW are DYNO proven to add power.

Anything that can let the car breathe a little easier will add power. Just depends on how good the part is developed and made.
    o so unless ur buy DC or RPW, guaranteed power ay? obx has nothing .. because there cheap.. ok then. thats why off the dyno on a run i added 5 whp and then when i did a custom cat back, i got another 6 hp... ok i guess i was wrong because i didnt spend 500 bucks on a piece of steel with the exact same bends, same TIG welds and the exact same finish but not the "big name brand"

Wow GTFO ... 5 horsepower ... my car gains that much after my morning dump. What people are trying to tell your dumb ass is that OBX and other cheap as shit brands do not properly engineer their HEADER for correct exhaust gas scavenging or anything else. ... Seriously, that almost 5 horsepower was probably gained from the fact that an aftermarket header is lighter than the stock one.

222whp/250wtq

I just bought OBX headers and im satisfied, and so is my wallet.

2000 Galant ES 2.4L

Quote Originally Posted by jonk8123 View Post
    I just bought OBX headers and im satisfied, and so is my wallet.
    i bet your throwing codes...

Quote Originally Posted by laxinwarrior View Post
    Wow GTFO ... 5 horsepower ... my car gains that much after my morning dump. What people are trying to tell your dumb ass is that OBX and other cheap as shit brands do not properly engineer their HEADER for correct exhaust gas scavenging or anything else. ... Seriously, that almost 5 horsepower was probably gained from the fact that an aftermarket header is lighter than the stock one.
    nice that u take a dump in your car in the morning. thanks for sharing.

I have a dc sports header with a mid pipe, uninstalled. Will it not delete the cat? I thought they did... I have used dc for years. Good stuff, great results.

Dc sports Header
    N1 exhaust
    Megan Springs
    Falken ZE512 225/40/18
    18" Motegi DP6
    Cross drilled slotted rotors
    Night shade tail lights
    Cleared Corners

Next...going in today...
    Dvd Player
    New infinity speakers

lol In the post above^^^^ I was actually referring to replacing a catalytic converter. That would eliminate most of the erroneous posts after mine :)

Quote Originally Posted by Trevs56 View Post
    o so unless ur buy DC or RPW, guaranteed power ay? obx has nothing .. because there cheap.. ok then. thats why off the dyno on a run i added 5 whp and then when i did a custom cat back, i got another 6 hp... ok i guess i was wrong because i didnt spend 500 bucks on a piece of steel with the exact same bends, same TIG welds and the exact same finish but not the "big name brand"

wow. the intelligence of the noobs these days are fucking great.

The OBX header you got might add 5 to the wheel but the DC or RPW will add atleast 10. and no they are not of the same design because I guarantee you the OBX 1-2 years down the road will crack as the DC or RPW will hold its own even 5 years down the road.

and DC headers are ceramic, not sure about the RPW's though

no 12-10 second car ever made it there by cutting costs and corners. If you're hungry for power spend the money on the right part.

yeah DC and RPW are expensive but it took them months to develop and make a working product that will guarantee a power increase to OBX's hour and a half of making and building their product that adds 5whp even if that. ask N30Acid about his RPW header and ask him if he'll ever go with any other header for the Galant. I bet you he'll say no.

you sound so fucking stupid trying to prove a CHEAP product is better than a product thats been in the import scene and racing scene a long time.

Why do you think most All-motor high compression Hondas run a DC header?

Because DC (which is an AEM product) has proven their stuff over and over again. I have yet to see an all-motor car with an OBX header gain as much power as DC headers do.
    Jigz-TGCIL Sosick Motorsports

R.I.P. Christopher "CRAZY CHRIS" Beckmann
    "you dont appreciate friendship until you lose your bestfriend...."
    I'd rather have the knowledge and ability to do it than the money to buy it already done.

Quote Originally Posted by 4g63lover View Post
    wow. the intelligence of the noobs these days are fucking great.

The OBX header you got might add 5 to the wheel but the DC or RPW will add atleast 10. and no they are not of the same design because I guarantee you the OBX 1-2 years down the road will crack as the DC or RPW will hold its own even 5 years down the road.

you sound so fucking stupid trying to prove a CHEAP product is better than a product thats been in the import scene and racing scene a long time..
    i not one time said or tried to say a cheaper product was better. read between the lines u fucking jackass. i was saying that cheap products in the least DO add power. u guys all make it sound like unless u pay top dollar for every single piece on an engine that u will not see a drop of power added. bottom line is even the cheapest of products do add power an if all your gonna do is a simple bolt on exhaust why go nuts paying hundred upon hundreds of dollars when u can go milder grade on something an focus money on other areas.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast