The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Options 6G

Showing results 1 to 6 of 6

Options 6G

Hello,

I was just wondering wich options where available on the 6G.
    I heard things about air cleaner system, automatic rain sensors(???), and champaign coolers. Don't know if any of this is true, can anyone confirm,deny this?

Would like to hear from you guys about this.

Don't know about automatic rain sensors or champaign coolers, but both can be done. The Air Intake systems are out there, you may have to depending on your engine modify a 1G/2G Eclipse air intake to fit.

Experienced TGC Member krispy03's Avatar
    6th gen huh, better check your blinker fluid

Quote Originally Posted by krispy03 View Post
    6th gen huh, better check your blinker fluid
    If you reply like this, then rather shut up.... Why couldn't that be?? The 6th gen has ECS,ABS,Climate Control(automatic),Seat heaters,Cruise Control,Leather,headlight washers and so on. So i could really understand, if these options where really available. I really don't know myself, thats why i'm asking. I heard it, and several times, but no one can confirm it, with pictures, or really deny it...

You are here entirely tooo much!! 4-G-rim's Avatar
    6th gens back in their day were loaded with alot of new technology alot of cars in its class and alot of cars in general didn't have. I don't know about the champaign coolers I am not sure about...never heard of it being a available option from factory. Auto rain sensor technology hasn't been equipped in cars till about 4 years ago...though the 6th gens were one of the first cars of its time to have speed sensative wipers. My GVR4 has it and I was surprised when it did. When you have the wipers on a certain setting the wipers will wipe faster as you increase speed.

1991 Galant VR4 1948/2000_________1996 Galant "S" 5 speed 2.4L turbo

I hear you on the speed sensitive wipers, mine has that, but that system is hosed as well and the delay logic is all messed up. Would love to find the control unit and replace it.
    1991 Galant GS, 2ND Gen 4g64 DOHC conversion, 9.5:1 CR custom pistons, stock 4G63 head, 2.4 injectors, 2.0 ECM.
    1994 Hyundai Elantra, 2ND Gen 4g64 DOHC conversion, 9.5:1 CR custom pistons, stock 4G63 head, Heavy duty 5 speed KM-210 transmission, KN filter, 2.4 injectors, 2.0 ECM.