The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Lifter Tick

Showing results 1 to 9 of 9
    findingyoshie

Lifter Tick

My car has a ticking noise whenever i press on the gas it gets faster. I was told it was a lifter tick and i was wondering how it happened? is it bad? and how can i make it stop? It really annoying especially if i go to a drive thru and it echoes all over the place

thanks guys

"rislone"
    "cd2"

jafet420
    got the same problem its the valve lash adjusters depending on the miles on the the car u can take ur valve cover off and cams and clean the adjusters if u got alot of miles u should just replace them theres 16 of them look on ebay just type ur engine vin if its a 2000 galant de 4 cyl its 4g64

Use AMSoil and AMSoil filters. I have never had the problem since using AMSoil.

findingyoshie
    You cleaned it yourself? is it hard ill give it a try if not

findingyoshie
    Also i asked a mechanic a while back and he said put some kind of liquid that u can buy in autozone in the oil place so i did and the ticking stopped a while and its back and said put the AMsoil wouldnt that be to much in the oil tank? cause the bottle i put in said to put 50-100%

cheapest place i've found for HLA is parts dinosaur in AZ. less than 5 bucks for a HLA
    [email protected] <- '01 ES V6 (detuned for daily commutes)

Black '94 Audi S4 soon RS2'd running 28 psi
    Chipset [X]|Injectors[X]|Turbo[X]|RS2 Manifold[X]|Bosch 3-BAR MAP[X]

thicker oil helps
    Mods:
    2 tone leather interior, touch screen navigation, 7inch headrest tv's, 17" Driftz Black and Polished rims, 215 50 17 Goodyear Eagle Nct5 tires Tein s lowering springs, kyb gr-2 struts, rearview mirror camera, diamond black paint custom front and lower grill, Chrome door pillars., and chrome door handles. Powder coated my wipper arms wet black, exhaust heat sheild and my valve cover. 2nd gen led taillights

jafet420
    just change the lifter i just did mine today tick after for about 3 minutes till the hydrolic lifters primed up sounds like a new motor get the repair manual on the car and it will tell u step by step real real easy to do