The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Fuel pump module bypass

Showing results 1 to 4 of 4
    Experienced TGC Member Blue Ice's Avatar

Fuel pump module bypass

Several of us have been experiencing problems getitng power to our fuel pumps. this is how i was able to resolve the problem.

**If you have a 94 Galant you will most likely have a different kind of switch.

It has all eight pins going into one connector. I did not have the ECU wiring diagram for a 94 so i switched my car to use the 2 switch set up as pictured below.**

This is if you have 2 switches like the ones pictured, you will only need to modify one of the switches, the other leave alone. The one you will modify has 2 black/white wires coming from the bottom of the plug. not the one that has red and green coming from it.

Pin numbers;
    When looking at the connector from the rear (as the wires enters into the connector) the top left is #1 top right is #2.
    In the picture for the switch we WILL NOT be modding the red wire is #1 and the green is #2

For the switch we will be modding:
    You will need to run the #2 pin to a ground source. you can see in the picture how the wire is not in with the taped wires. it is ran to a temporary ground.

*NOTE* If your car is 96-98 the ground may already be ran. How can you tell?... if the wire in pin #2 is black, it is already a ground. If it is black with blue stripe you have an older set up, and would need to ground this wire.

Pin #1 ultimately needs to connect to the black and blue wire that comes out of the insulated connector behind the radio.

What i did for my set up
    94 and if you have 2 black/blue wires you will need to choose the larger gauge of the two. I'm not sure if it is already in #1 or not. The larger one goes to the fuel pump. you can see in my pics that the smaller one has been pulled out of the connector and is not connected to anything.
    Last edited by Blue Ice; 10-23-2013 at 12:28 PM

You are here entirely tooo much!! 4-G-rim's Avatar
    I finally got a day off and I am going to try one more thing today. IF that doesn't work...I will try your bypass Lawrence. Either or...I hope either 1 of the 2 things I will be trying today works so I can start driving -G-rim again. You have much more patience and saviness when it comes to wiring....I absolutly hate it!

1991 Galant VR4 1948/2000_________1996 Galant "S" 5 speed 2.4L turbo

Experienced TGC Member Blue Ice's Avatar
    let me know what you get. I would rather not see you let the G go. but if you do... you know who to call first.

so is this for? i dont understand :S sorry , more power to the fuel pump?

-Mitsubishi Galant LS 1994 a/t [ SOLD ]