The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: blinker rewiring possible??

Showing results 1 to 3 of 3

blinker rewiring possible??

i was thinking bout this for a while....can we re wire out taillights and read blinker so that the blinker can be where the backup lights are now? in other words, changing it so we can have clear blinkers in the back..????
    I dont need to post my mods, i know i got the hottest galant in tally, and thats all that matters to me! http://photos.yahoo.com/fsubk

It's possible. You'll have to change the bulb for the backup light (the clear section) to a dual filament bulb. I was thinking, you could just swap the brake/turn signal bulb and harness with the backup light/harness but then every time you step on the brakes, the bright white or clear area will light up, looking like you're about to back up into somebody. You definately will be getting honks from people. Plus, you'll have to disconnect the brake/light wire so that it's not always on (as if it was in it's original area in the red section) as that is very illegal and you don't want to draw attention to yourself from cops and leave the wire connected for the turn signal.

You would most likely need another dual filament harness in order to do this effectively and then disconnect the brake wires when you add the harness to the backup (clear) section, leaving just the turn signal wires. The dual filament bulb will then be only used for the turn signal. I don't think this would be possible to do with a single filament bulb (like the one that is currently used as your backup lights). I'm not sure what you'll do to indicate that you're backing up. The reason the clear section is that way is to let the person behind you know that you're backing up.

I would say your best bet would be to get some JDM taillights as these were already made for that look you're trying to achieve. You'll have to wire in another harness as the JDM's uses 4 wires and our's uses 3 wires. Myself, I have the 3G JDM taillights but I use the clear section that was intended for the turn signal as my backup lights. The section for the backup light I left alone and was planning on adding a strobe light in there. I used my stock wire harness but enlarged the holes in the JDM taillights so the harness would fit.

Good luck.

thanks for all the help!
    I dont need to post my mods, i know i got the hottest galant in tally, and thats all that matters to me! http://photos.yahoo.com/fsubk