The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Car clunk sound from around motor are

Showing results 1 to 3 of 3

Car clunk sound from around motor are

Yesterday I blew something don't know what though but after it blew some smoke came out. I parked the car turned off the engine check everything and seem fine. so I start it up again and when I put it in drive it goes nowhere sometime I rev it up to like 4000 rpm and it move like 5mph and I hear this clunk comming from around the motor but it's not the motor I know for sure. I think it's either the tranny or water pump. It reverses and goes into gear so that mean that it's not the tranny. What happens when the water pump blows? just so i know if it's the water pump. Ended up towing my car home. Freakin gay ass hell. What do you guys think is wrong?

You are here entirely tooo much!! 4-G-rim's Avatar
    If your water pump blew your engine would be overheating since its not circulating coolant.

Sounds like a transmission issue that you are experiencing. You say your engine revs but you are barely moving which is a good sign its a tranny issue. Even though you have reverse..your transmission can be still damaged with its forward gears.

1991 Galant VR4 1948/2000_________1996 Galant "S" 5 speed 2.4L turbo

Yeah after some research I figured that it probably is the transmission too. I'm probably gonna get it repaired soon.