The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Agx struts finally installed!!!

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Showing results 21 to 40 of 93
    Black Magic
    hey gizmo did you install tem yourself? if so what did you use to grind that plate down. can you use something small to do that job like a dremel or something like that or do you need a big piece of machinery?

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(e_nutt09)</div><div class='quotemain'>hey gizmo did you install tem yourself? Â*if so what did you use to grind that plate down. Â*can you use something small to do that job like a dremel or something like that or do you need a big piece of machinery?</div>

My friend who does suspesion at a Ford dealership put them on for me, I just watched . They have this big grinding machine there so it wasn't hard at all. Umm I guess yuo could use a Dremmel but it would take forever and you might have to use a few grinders because they will wear down.
    Chapin y Boriqua que mezcla

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(antmoneygtz)</div><div class='quotemain'>sup guys... im lookin to do the same thing you guys did... how much did it cost ya?? and this mite also get alil off the subject but, ill ask anyway. yo danj... where the hell di du get that grill?? i WANT IT!!! an ddid it fit perfectly??? cuz i hear that that type of grill does not fit the stock us galants... oh and another thing... how did u black out ur taillights... thats hot to... thanx for the help guyz... peace...</div>

Sent you a PM.

TGC Regular
    i have mine set to 3 because of upstate ny roads tend to have some major potholes, and i think 2 would be fine with loweing springs but im on coils and sitting low on them so i went with 3 and when i have my 18's on i can hit some very very nice corners with it and i love to .
    - Atba

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Ghost Beat)</div><div class='quotemain'>i have mine set to 3 because of upstate ny roads tend to have some major potholes, and i think 2 would be fine with loweing springs but im on coils and sitting low on them so i went with 3 and when i have my 18's on i can hit some very very nice corners with it and i love to .</div>

You realize that 2 is softer than 3. Like stated above, 1 is the softetest setting and 4 is the stiffest, so you have yours set really stiff.

Kybs

Listen guys i ordered my Kyb's this week and am waiting for them i also ordered the Progress drop. Wat would be a perfect setting, for daily driving and looks good.

Also i kno the front struts you can change by turning a screw on the actual strut mount but how about the back ones, how do u adjust those?

thanx
    Kevin
    2006 GIXXER 600

Re: Kybs

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(GaLaNtKeV99)</div><div class='quotemain'>Listen guys i ordered my Kyb's this week and am waiting for them i also ordered the Progress drop. Wat would be a perfect setting, for daily driving and looks good. Â*

Also i kno the front struts you can change by turning a screw on the actual strut mount but how about the back ones, how do u adjust those?

thanx</div>

Adjusting the KYB's doesn't really have anyhing to do with looks, just handling. I suggest you get an alignment after the drop and wait a few days for the Progress springs to settle, then play around with the settings on the KYB's until you get them the way you like it. There really isn't a perfect setting, it's all about personal preference. I'm rolling on 18's with the Progress springs and I can't take the stiff ass ride, so I have my shocks on the softest setting.

As far as adjusting the rears, they adjust the same way as the fronts. You have to take the back seat out to get to the top of the shock. So, get the setting where you like it before you put the seat back in.

Drop

Thanx DANJ, anyother questions ill post wen i actually get them installed

Im not installing them a shop is, also i was plannin on getting the four wheel alignment at the sametime as the drop. so u dont hav to worry about that. Ill update as soon as i get my drop.

I appreciate it
    Kevin
    2006 GIXXER 600

I ordered my shocks and struts yesterday...I should have the by the end of next week and installed shortly after that.
    My car wasn't aligned after the drop last year.
    Should I get it done after the shock/strut install?
    Jason - - cofounder of TGCNY
    click banner to enter the NY Chapter

2001 Galant ES
    2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee Special Edition

drop

Well Jay thats wat i plan on doin, but my reason is b/c i got the practically brand new tires from Bryant.

Jay are you takin to Rich's shop they chatged him 175 for installation of springs, struts and shocks, and 4 wheel alignment.

Oh yea i ordered my springs from ptuning, and i check my order status and it says they are 2 to 4 weeks back order, should i call and ask or jus wait and see?
    Kevin
    2006 GIXXER 600

Kev if I'm not mistaken it was only 175
    and I got someone in Jersey that's gonna help me do the install for nothing
    and then I just gotta bring car to mechanic for alignment

2001 Galant ES

drop

Yea j sorry i meant 175. i changed it. Wat do u think about the price.

Oh yea J wat setting are u gooin to put yor kyb's on or are u goin to test it out.?
    Kevin
    2006 GIXXER 600

I'm gonna test them out and see...but I'm thinking 2 like most of the other members.
    As far as price thats a good price. by me it's 200 plus alignment

2001 Galant ES

Yeah, Jay, definitely get an alignment. When I got mine after I installed my springs the mechanic told me my alignment was way out. Probably from hitting all those damn pot holes. Even if you don't do work on your suspension, it's a good idea to get an alignment every once in a while.

whats up guys... im lookin to get the kyb agx adjustables from coximports.com but i gotta question to ask you guys first...on the application guide on their website there is no application for a 00-up mitsubishi galant. which strut/shock would i pick for a 2001 mitsubishi galant gtz... im exited to get'em cuz i jus ordered my racer design coilover kit aswell... oh, what do you think is a good setting to have on my shoxand struts with moderately bumpy roads... im thinkin of settin mine to 2 front and back... what are ur opinions...and would it be alright to drop my car the day i put on the shox/struts and coilovers. i wanna be able to drop it and get an allignment on all four tires the same day... but would that be bad for the kybz??? any info'll help guys.. peace...
    anthony

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(antmoneygtz)</div><div class='quotemain'>whats up guys... im lookin to get the kyb agx adjustables from coximports.com but i gotta question to ask you guys first...on the application guide on their website there is no application for a 00-up mitsubishi galant. which strut/shock would i pick for a 2001 mitsubishi galant gtz... im exited to get'em cuz i jus ordered my racer design coilover kit aswell... oh, what do you think is a good setting to have on my shoxand struts with moderately bumpy roads... im thinkin of settin mine to 2 front and back... what are ur opinions...and would it be alright to drop my car the day i put on the shox/struts and coilovers. Â*i wanna be able to drop it and get an allignment on all four tires the same day... but would that be bad for the kybz??? any info'll help guys.. peace...</div>

yo how much are they there..??if they more then 380 shipped
    you should order from irotors.com check the group buy section
    they 380 shipped

2001 Galant ES

guys i dont know how ur buying the kyb agx shox/struts... i've been lookin for two days and i cant find one site that has kyb agx shox/struts for a 2001 mitsubishi galant... some1 please help!!!!
    anthony

leadfoot
    can you post pic's of your ride after the drop?

no doubt... once i order these ayb agxz and roll over the fenders... ill give it da drop and u guys will be the first for pics...
    anthony

heres mine
    progress 2.0 drop in front and 1.8 drop i back with 18s

2001 Galant ES

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast