The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Agx struts finally installed!!!

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
Showing results 81 to 93 of 93
    I got my kyb, but my progress springs are on back order still. They said that they would probably be in by the end of May. So im still waitin.
    Kevin
    2006 GIXXER 600

well got the struts installed today what a better ride....Im set on 2 front and rear...also...noticed mycar went up in front and ear...gotta wait for them to settle I guess
    also found out that my driver side front strut was blown...I thought so but wasnt sure...thats the same that took the hit with the hole last year when I bent my rim
    and last night hit another hole and blew out a tire..S-O-B 195 bucks for a new tire :twisted:
    Jason - - cofounder of TGCNY
    click banner to enter the NY Chapter

2001 Galant ES
    2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee Special Edition

Mgalant99
    Will the kyb agx's work with groundcontrol coilovers??? Does anyone know?? The reason I ask is because I swear I remember hearing that the agx's will not fit with the groundcontrol coilovers. Any help is appreciated!!

Thanks,

Dan

they will work with no problem.
    anthony

Experienced TGC Member
    They will work, with 2 options...

1. You order the GC's that a specifically designed for the AGX (they have a different sleeve)

2. You buy just plain ol' GC, and shave out a portion on either the sleeve or the strut perch.
    [b]<span style='color:blue'>Wes</span>
    The true path to enlightenment is Here
    <-Check it out Maz
    My 7g

[b]<span style='color:darkred'>ClubTGC Shidoshi-Kai Fellowship</span>

I got my KYB AGX gas shocks front and back put in with eibach pro kit springs! All that with a combination of my STB bar from freedom design can you say "hot shit"!!! The car is amazing!!!! Its like driving a sports car, Im loosing other cars around the turns I dont have to hit the brakes, it just hugs the road!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! All this new suspension on top of my supercharger that Ripp mods has finished for me ( thats right Im the first 4cyl Supercharged car) The car is just wow, Im in love with the car all over again!!!!!
    I love every second of it!!!!!!!!

The AGX gas shocks for the eclipse fit the galant if anyone was wondering no mods needed!!!!!

The First Supercharged 4cyl Galant!!!!!!!!

www.rippmods.com

Before there were any, there was me.

galant3 i know exactly what u mean... i just put in coilovers a stiffining kit front and rear lower sway bars and a strut bar... i have a 2 inch drop in the front and a 1 inch in the rear and all four shox set to 2... and man its awsome... i posted pics if anyone wants to check it out... but remember it will be a bout a half an inch lower in about 2 weeks i just have to wait for the springs on the coilover to settle....
    anthony

lemongtz

Limited by rules...

Hey guys,
    I just raced my stock 2001 GTZ in an autocross event yesterday, how dissapointing though. The car, with Yokohama AVS ES100 stock sized tires, understeer like crazy. I tried to balance the car with 40PSI front and 42PSI rear, and it does help a bit (the car rotates upon lift off throttle) but any bit of throttle will put the car back into understeering situation.

I would like to stay in the GS class in SCCA, so does anyone of you have any suggestions? (By the way, the rule says, no bigger wheels or tires; no aftermarket springs; no engine mods; no brake mods; and no exhaust mods before cat) Help me out--my friends 97 Maxima is 3 seconds faster!!!

Alister_McRae
    would like to stay in the GS class in SCCA, so does anyone of you have any suggestions? (By the way, the rule says, no bigger wheels or tires; no aftermarket springs; no engine mods; no brake mods; and no exhaust mods before cat) Help me out--my friends 97 Maxima is 3 seconds faster!!!
    Where was the autocross? I participated in one here in prescott az, wasn't sactioned by the SCCA, but it was still fun, drove a 1999 turbo beetle. You cant really do much except learn how to drive better. Go to a race car driving school, or better yet rally school. A car is only as good as its driver.

lemongtz

Solo...

The autocross is in Houston. I go to almost everyone of them, including non SCCA ones, but to participate in SCCA ones, I will have to follow the rules.

I used my sister's '02 Beetle turbo to autocross as well, and whenever I use that car, my result is better (referencing to my friend's Maxima's time, in most cases, less than 1 second difference). But the turbo lag in the beetle is quite a nuisance.

Comparing Beetle and my Galant, the Galant just feel like it don't stick to the ground! Both have almost the same amount of body roll, but the beetle just seem to stick better.

Anyways, anymore suggestions?

Well, finally installed my KYB AGX's today, with my Sprint Springs, love the drop. Looks really different, but the ride is really hard.

The KYB's are set to 2 all around. I guess i jus hav to get used to the hard ride. You feel all holes and bumps. :nope:

Ill keep you guys posted about how it goes.
    Kevin
    2006 GIXXER 600

I4_dymond
    I will be getting the KYB AGX's also this week on Thrusday. I too a have Sprint sprint springs 1.8" all around. I agree the ride stance look alot better. It's a little bouncy in the front. I'm sure the AGX's will fix the problem. :thumbsup:[/quote]

Dilemma
    Just ordered my gr2 gas shocks from tirerack. However I am having trouble in choosing my rear struts. (since we (ES i4) have rear struts) should just order the rear shocks off a 2k and up eclipse?

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345