The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: question

Showing results 1 to 20 of 20

question

if you lower the car do you need to do a alignment for it? and if i get the camber kits to straight the wheels do i still need a alignment check still?

Quote Originally Posted by 00'WHITE View Post
    if you lower the car do you need to do a alignment for it?
    you should or at least get it checked

Quote Originally Posted by 00'WHITE View Post
    if i get the camber kits to straight the wheels do i still need a alignment check still?
    in a true wheel alignment they just don't fix camber, they check/adjust other things such as toe and caster.

Webhosting for less than $3 a month? put "pinoyesv6" as a promo code.

Experienced TGC Member fliegendaffe's Avatar
    any time you change the suspension, get an alignment

its def recommended

You are here entirely tooo much!! fatal1's Avatar
    as the others said it is advised to get it done...do you have to no not really but you should

get it checked to see if u need a camber kit... once u know what u need get it then do ur alignment
    Mods:
    2 tone leather interior, touch screen navigation, 7inch headrest tv's, 17" Driftz Black and Polished rims, 215 50 17 Goodyear Eagle Nct5 tires Tein s lowering springs, kyb gr-2 struts, rearview mirror camera, diamond black paint custom front and lower grill, Chrome door pillars., and chrome door handles. Powder coated my wipper arms wet black, exhaust heat sheild and my valve cover. 2nd gen led taillights

yea going to order camber kit and also get the alignment done too thanks guys for your help and also im going to order the camber kit for andysautosport.com do you think i should get it from there or what?

Depending on mow much of a drop, you might not need a camber kit... and if you do need a camber kit, most likely it will only be in the rear.

I have an Ingalls rear camber kit. Part # 35860. Click Here

As far as an alignment, if you don't get one, you could easily eat up your tires. Plus, an alignment can actually help with gas mileage.

i got me a dropzones and 1.8 in the front and 2 rear so do i need a camber kit yes or no?

I got my kit on the way to lower my car, but would it just be easier to get the camber kit, and have it installed right then and there? or should I lower it, get the alignment and make sure.... is it safe to assume that I'll probably need to get one?
    2002 Mitsubishi Galant ES 2.4L 4G64 */* !!NEW!! 03 Honda CBR F4i
    * a little done -*- more to come *
    My Dual Halo H3 Projector Project

Well, every car reacts differently, but if you have a drop that is more than 1.5" in the rear, you will most likely need a camber kit. Rule of thumb is usually for every inch you drop you will end up with the same negative degrees of camber. The thing is, whatever the drop, you will more than likely end up with negative camber in the rear. But, according to my Mitsubishi shop manuals, -1 degree of camber is still within spec, so if you end up with camber that is between 0 and -1 degrees, I wouldn't worry about it too much. With my old Progress spring setup (2" front, 1.8" rear), I had a rear camber kit installed, because my camber was -2 on one side and about -1.8 on the other. With the rim and tire setup I had, I rubbed the rear fenders a little bit, so I removed some washers from my camber kit to put my camber at -1 instead of 0 and no more fender rub. I never ended up with any crazy tire wear either. Of course I did rotate my tires occasionally (not as much as I should of though).

ok, I got the Tein-S springs on the way, which says 1" rear and 1.7" front drop. Im just wondering if it would be easier to just get the camber kit installed at the time the springs and struts are installed.

Quote Originally Posted by airborneparainf82 View Post
    ok, I got the Tein-S springs on the way, which says 1" rear and 1.7" front drop. Im just wondering if it would be easier to just get the camber kit installed at the time the springs and struts are installed.
    1.3" drop in the rear for the 4cyl.

You can't really install the camber kit until you get the alignment because you won't know how to set the camber. It will definitely be easier to have the camber kit installed while doing the alignment though. Adjusting the camber is part of the alignment and you can't adjust the camber in the rear without a camber kit.

If you want to go the cheap route, you could make your own camber kit with washers and longer bolts from Home Depot or wherever. It's been done on here by a few people.
    If you go that route, you can ask whoever does your alignment what the negative camber is in the rear and install the longer bolts and washers yourself. There is an estimate of how much camber each washer will correct, but I forget what it is. There are some threads here somewhere about that.
    Last edited by Danger DANJ; 06-02-2008 at 04:41 PM

i have been on the tein stechs with no camber kit thus far. my tires dont seem to wear out any faster but i definatly need an alignment, i neglected to do it last year when i had the springs put on and it started to affect my ride about 3 months ago. i like the little bit of neg camber i have in the rear so im just going to get a regualr alignment, but anyone who is thinking of lowering their car or anyone who just recently lowered thier car, i would def recommend getting an alignment right afterwards.
    2001 es v6

Quote Originally Posted by airborneparainf82 View Post
    Well, first off, you probably won't even need a front camber kit, then the rear camber kit in that link only adjusts up 1 degree of camber either way. So, let's say you end up with negative camber in the rear of around -1.3 degrees, that kit will only be able to correct it to -0.3 degrees and not all the way to 0. The kit I posted a few posts up will correct up to 3 degrees of negative camber.

Now -0.3 degrees of camber isn't much and is way within Mitsubishi's specs, so you actually could go that route if you want to. And I guess it wouldn't hurt to have that front camber kit just in case you end up with negative camber there.

You are here entirely tooo much!! RAZ_76's Avatar
    I bought that kit, I didn't use the front because we dont need to but it cost the same with or with out it so I got it. I know that the website says 1* but that same kit will correct up to 3* mine does. Get it and then read the instructions, it will tell and show you how to achive that 3* adjustment. That 70 is money well spent.

alright thanks you guys... going to ebay now

How does that kit adjust 3 degrees? The only way I can see it doing so is by adding the longer bolts and the washers that come in the other kit I posted.