The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: jdm hid?

Showing results 1 to 13 of 13
    kbeast

jdm hid?

is there some type of tutorials for installing HIDS? dont worry i have looked thanks. btw its jdm heads

you need to make sure you have the right hid bulb for your heads. you take the stock harness and plug it into the harness that goes to the ballast (metal box thing), then plug the bulb to the other wire coming out of the ballast. put the bulb in the headlight and youre done.

some kits also come with a cable to directly tap into your battery. im not sure if its necessary for some kits or just an option if you want it. i just ran my hids from my stock harnesses.

If you post stupid and incorrect information, you will get red nuggets.

kbeast
    okay im guessing for installing the JDM heads follow reelax post

kbeast
    is there a picture of the wiring of the jdm heads??

kbeast
    connected to the usdm sockets?

You can't use the USDM sockets with the JDM heads. Well, actually you can use the sockets for the blinkers, but you can't use the stock H4 sockets since the JDM heads use H7 and H1 bulbs for low and high beams. You'd have to do some wire tapping whether you get HID's or use the JDM bulb sizes.

The easiest thing to do might be to get the JDM wiring harnesses and wire them in, then get an H7 HID kit which will plug right into the low beams. If you want HID for your high beams as well, you would need an H1 HID kit too.

Either way, you want an H7 HID kit for the low beams at the very least.

sorry it is hot as hell outside. i dont have the harness, i just cut the factory harness(H4) and just added my own female connectors and hooked straight to the HID plug.

TeamDreamSpeed / PizzaBoy
    Quote Originally Posted by G-spot View Post
    I can't believe a meet never happening all because I or James is not gonna be present. What kind of crap is that? Since when was G-spot and Silver01G heart and soul of TGCTX?

kbeast
    who sells the h7/h1 sockets?

kbeast
    well the harness i mean im thinking of contacting depotautolights

you can get them off of ebay their like $10 the most for a pair.

TeamDreamSpeed / PizzaBoy
    Quote Originally Posted by G-spot View Post
    I can't believe a meet never happening all because I or James is not gonna be present. What kind of crap is that? Since when was G-spot and Silver01G heart and soul of TGCTX?

Well, if you want the JDM headlight harnesses, the only way I know to get them is from Triggermauve. I bought them along with my JDM headlights from him. The harnesses were $55 total for both headlights.

But, you don't really need them. If you look at Reelax's tutorial, he just tapped the wires and used spade connectors. I opted for the harnesses to make things a little neater. Or you could search junk yards for cars that use H7 and H1 bulbs and just cut off those sockets. Or you can buy the sockets new on ebay... check the links below:

H7 socket

H1 socket

You need 2 of each.

kbeast
    Yeah i went to radio shack today and they one have one 12dvc that i need so im going up to another one tomorrow

once again dont use depo auto lights.... my personal exprience was nothing but bad
    If you don't got the pocket, then don't try and rock it