The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: i just got this off ebay i think something is missing

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Showing results 21 to 40 of 75
    He's refering to the extra piping that was not found in the kit.

Honestly, expect to find a lot of things missing from this kit.
    1997 Volvo 850 T5

Quote Originally Posted by lonestar22 View Post
    why dont u guys stop being dicks and help him out. u rag on this guy but everyones still buying those shitty cyber 2 body kits off of ebay. body kits went out years ago
    hahhaha ouch!!! take it to a reputable shop and make sure to browse the turbo section in this forum for info... turbo kits from ebay have been talked about numerous times throughout this forum.

**also posting in the right section will get you more help for specific questions...this perticular section is usually for meet n greets "west coast"............
    uhhhh...... Whats a 9g???

Swwooosshhh Boooooommm!!!! Lmao
    If you don't got the pocket, then don't try and rock it

You are here entirely tooo much!! Stewi's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by lonestar22 View Post
    why dont u guys stop being dicks and help him out. u rag on this guy but everyones still buying those shitty cyber 2 body kits off of ebay. body kits went out years ago
    Its not really a matter of ragging on him, its a matter of being "spoon fed". Nobody in their right mind goes out and buys a "turbo kit" without researching it and knowing what parts they need.

With that being said.... and with that being dicks issued dropped...here we goooooooooooooooooooooo

Auto.... BEFORE you take anything apart you need to make sure you plan this entire modification out before hand and have all your parts before hand or the car will be down for months while your trying to get it together and work out the bugs. You do need a gasket, but can you post a pic of that manifold from the other side? Judging by the fact they included nuts and bolts leads me to believe that you got a T3 manifold, which in fact is the correct one for the turbo you posted, but I cant be certain without a pic from the front. However.... looking at the pic of the exhaust manifold from the back, I cant see any port on the manifold for an external wastegate. This is a problem, because the turbo in the pic, runs an external wastegate, which would mean you either have to get a different turbo, or a different manifold. A different manifold is the cheapest, but fabrication wise, a different turbo with an internal gate might be better for what you in particular are doing.

Also, dont forget that your not going to be able to buy a downpipe that bolts up to that, it will need to be fabricated. A downpipe is a pipe that goes from the exhaust outlet on the turbo and gets the exhaust back to near the catalytic converter. This piece will need to be fabricated by either a performance shop or a good muffler shop. I would try the performance shop first. Also, what do you intend to do for fuel management? You need at least an S-AFC but preferrably an e-manage which is another few hundred dollars, plus install and paying someone to tune it.

I think that you need to research a lot more before you take the dive into this project, as without proper research before hand, you may be diving into the shallow end.
    Last edited by Stewi; 05-24-2008 at 08:31 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by qnz
    well there are talkers and there are do'ers. talkers never do. and do'ers never talk
    99' Galant ES
    4G64/63T
    AEM EMS

Quote Originally Posted by seth98esT View Post
    It goes like this: Tubular header -> gasket -> turbo exhaust housing -> o2 housing -> downpipe. I dont see a downpipe or o2 housing pictured.
    x2, you need a custom downpipe for your 8G. what type of turbo is that? 14B, 16G? might be able to pull it off with a 2G o2 housing.
    how are you gonna do your fuel managment? ECUFlash? Emanage?
    are you gonna use stock injectors? DSM 440s? WRX 440?

make sure you research befoer buying kits

02 Mit. Galant 5 Spd -> 2010 Mit. Lancer Sportback 5 Spd -> (current) 2014 Mit Evo GSR 5 Spd
    run1206's Rear Disc Tutorial
    run1206's CF Hood Resurface Tutorial

You are here entirely tooo much!! Serstylz2's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Distort View Post
    Honestly, expect to find a lot of things missing from this kit.
    mmhmm. quality, fitment, satisfaction, dependability.. list goes on n on

Quote Originally Posted by Stewi View Post
    I know that every time I look into a thread started by this guy that im not gonna be disappointed.
    everytime i read his stuff the first thing that comes outta my mouth is OMG

bro we might sound mean to you but there is a reason we have a search feature on this forum and with that u can learn alot, i mean damm i didnt know what a downpipe was 4 months ago and now i know more about turbo than alot of members here. just search and read and u will learn alot more then u can ask
    '00 Mitsubishi Galant ES 4g64T (Samantha)
    '01 Mitsubishi Galant ES 4g64 (Daily)
    '02 Mitsubishi Galant ES 4g64 (SCRAPPED)
    '00 Mitsubishi Galant ES 4g64 (SCRAPPED)
    '91 Volvo 740 Turbo B230FT (SOLD)
    '88 Mitsubishi Mighty Max (SOLD)
    '91 Kawasaki ZX7 (SOLD)
    '95 Kawasaki ZX9R

You are here entirely tooo much!! RAZ_76's Avatar

You are here entirely tooo much!! Jeffylou87's Avatar
    lol

since when did bodykits go ut of style, someone call my agent..i've been lied to
    doing my thing, one mod at a time

kbeast
    um JDM?

You are here entirely tooo much!! IVORY_G's Avatar
    Can u say Impulse Buying is B-A-D. LOL!
    Definitely do some research man, this is a Huge upgrade that is gonna cost u about another G @ least to get it running. I would just send it back or something and dont even bother with it. That manifold looks cheap and will probably crack from the extreme heat the turbo will produce with the exhaust. Ur better off with a cast-iron manifold if u want a better turbo setup. The only thing that might be worth keeping would be the IC {Intercooler} Piping. But even that might be cheap.

Hold on some1 got that EASY button handy? You know, the 1 that STAPLES has, this guy needs a lil help... LOL!

P.S. Good Luck, I hope you can get ur money back, or can make this work. Honestly, Im not even tryin to be funny.
    JDM Zenki Conversion

Lazy hands make for poverty, but diligent hands bring wealth. (Proverbs 10:4 NIV)

Quote Originally Posted by RAZ_76 View Post
    :smt051 :smt051 :smt051 :smt051 :smt051 :smt051 :smt051 :smt051 :smt051 :smt051 :smt051 :smt051 :smt051 :smt051 :smt051 :smt051 :smt051 :smt051 :smt051

Experienced TGC Member jimmy_o2's Avatar
    ^
    ^
    ^
    ^
    ^
    ^
    :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

u always make me laugh raz
    Last edited by jimmy_o2; 06-12-2008 at 06:20 AM
    03 I4

Quote Originally Posted by cremeofthecrop View Post
    since when did bodykits go ut of style, someone call my agent..i've been lied to
    u r still alive ???
    '00 Mitsubishi Galant ES 4g64T (Samantha)
    '01 Mitsubishi Galant ES 4g64 (Daily)
    '02 Mitsubishi Galant ES 4g64 (SCRAPPED)
    '00 Mitsubishi Galant ES 4g64 (SCRAPPED)
    '91 Volvo 740 Turbo B230FT (SOLD)
    '88 Mitsubishi Mighty Max (SOLD)
    '91 Kawasaki ZX7 (SOLD)
    '95 Kawasaki ZX9R

Experienced TGC Member jimmy_o2's Avatar
    so are u or not
    03 I4

Quote Originally Posted by spdracr View Post
    u r still alive ???
    NOPE!

Quote Originally Posted by RAZ_76 View Post