The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Wet on the floor board!!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 20 of 51

Wet on the floor board!!

Ok, others have had this problem but i cant remember what it was, but after ever use of the AC there happens to be water on the driverside floor board. does one know what needs to be replaced or fixed? cause i cant remember what it was. i want to get this fixed before i replace my carpet.

TeamDreamSpeed / PizzaBoy
    Quote Originally Posted by G-spot View Post
    I can't believe a meet never happening all because I or James is not gonna be present. What kind of crap is that? Since when was G-spot and Silver01G heart and soul of TGCTX?

look under the dash for a small hose from the condenser its either cut or dislodged
    Mods:
    2 tone leather interior, touch screen navigation, 7inch headrest tv's, 17" Driftz Black and Polished rims, 215 50 17 Goodyear Eagle Nct5 tires Tein s lowering springs, kyb gr-2 struts, rearview mirror camera, diamond black paint custom front and lower grill, Chrome door pillars., and chrome door handles. Powder coated my wipper arms wet black, exhaust heat sheild and my valve cover. 2nd gen led taillights

i also had a leak on my driver front. it was leaking from the front windsheild... somehow it cracked and my insurance company fixed it free of charge, thank god it cracked... i was sick of it leaking... soon after that i replaced my carpet
    Mods:
    2 tone leather interior, touch screen navigation, 7inch headrest tv's, 17" Driftz Black and Polished rims, 215 50 17 Goodyear Eagle Nct5 tires Tein s lowering springs, kyb gr-2 struts, rearview mirror camera, diamond black paint custom front and lower grill, Chrome door pillars., and chrome door handles. Powder coated my wipper arms wet black, exhaust heat sheild and my valve cover. 2nd gen led taillights

a hose under the driverside or passagerside?

I can't believe a meet never happening all because I or James is not gonna be present. What kind of crap is that? Since when was G-spot and Silver01G heart and soul of TGCTX?

well on my old honda it was on the pass side... but i know thats no help... on monday i can check at work on our tech softwear and tell u unless someone else knows
    Mods:

It's under the passenger side. It's clogged. You'll need to clear it from under the hood. All of the crap in there will discharge into the cabin, so put down some rags or something.
    Chip

2000 Basalt Black Metallic GTZ
    (Paint Code: Porsche LC9Z)

Genuine experience carries a lot more credibility than the ability to answer a question.

whats clogged? where under the hood?

it might be your ac evaporator drain. its a common problem for Galants. i've had it happen to me twice. the drain is on the driver side, right behind the rear motor mount. you have to be standing on the driver side fender to see it. its a little nub no wider than 1 cm. take come compressed air and shoot it up the drain, that should free up any clog.

alright thanks ill check that out today.

You are here entirely tooo much!! fatal1's Avatar
    its happened in my car 2 many times it mite b ur heating core ive gone threw 2 already on my 3rd so check that out is it spraying out of the vents alittle wen it on?

no not at all, its like a puddle of water seats on the floor board by the handle for the trunk, sometimes it would be just wet and sometimes there would be a good amount of water just seating there. i have been using the AC alot more since its been so hot. if someone mit wanna make check list, for future members. just put down the possible stuff it could be.

A/C condensation line, it comes in on the drivers side it can become clogged and if the water backs up enough you can hear it swishing around until you take a corner and it all dumps out. You will need to get an air hose and try to blow it out. I ended up drilling a hole in the plastic piping below teh evaporator because it makes a 90degree bend right before it goes out ton teh drivers side. I blew it out towards teh firewall and then siliconed teh hole bacl up. Kind of brutal but it was really blocked up.

could you get a picture of the area of what you are talking about?

Experienced TGC Member
    Well about a week ago it started for me, but wasnt until around saturday it began to smell like mildew and I couldent figure out what the hell it was, it was the passenger side that was soaking wet so I let a huge fan sit in the car over the floor to dry it out, solved the smell problem, but wonder why it was on the passenger side for me. But proior to that I did hear something funny when making left turns. But yea if someone could post some pics or maybe even a tutorial on how to do this it would be great because I want t start using my A/C again.
    Thanks

Years ago, I had problems with water on the passenger side and the dealer fixed it for free luckily... the AC drain was clogged.

Yup I had the same thing happen to me. Passengers side leaking and a hissing sound whenever I took a left turn. all the water was backed up and was flowing into the cabin. It was clogged. I took it to some AC place and all they did was put a stick up that tube there talking about from under the car( I dont know which one) and at least 2 gallons poured out. hahahahaha sucker got all wet.
    Life is a....... ehhhh depending how u dress er

Experienced TGC Member
    It would kinda help to know what tube they had to unclog because this is extremely annoying.

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteGalant View Post
    It would kinda help to know what tube they had to unclog because this is extremely annoying.
    Sorry, cant help you much there considering I dont know jack about the AC system. All I can tell you was that it seemed to be behind the engine but in front of the front axle.

If worse comes to worse just take it to a Auto AC place and have them find find the tube to stick something up through. I only paid the guy like 20 bucks, then ask him what/where he did. WALA problem solved. We all know money talks.
    Life is a....... ehhhh depending how u dress er

You are here entirely tooo much!! fatal1's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by fatal1 View Post
    its happened in my car 2 many times it mite b ur heating core ive gone threw 2 already on my 3rd so check that out is it spraying out of the vents alittle wen it on?

hmm i guess my bro forgot to log onto his name lmao

Experienced TGC Member
    I need some pics, I popped my hood today and took a look and realised taht I had no idea what I was looking for.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast