The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Wet on the floor board!!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Showing results 21 to 40 of 51
    can someone circle the area where the AC drain hose is at from the inside.

TeamDreamSpeed / PizzaBoy
    Quote Originally Posted by G-spot View Post
    I can't believe a meet never happening all because I or James is not gonna be present. What kind of crap is that? Since when was G-spot and Silver01G heart and soul of TGCTX?

Experienced TGC Member
    mines leaking onto the passenger side floor

mine was leaking from the drivers side before. i broke off the part that i circled and i think thats why it leaked there. after i fixed it, no more problems on the drivers side. now i have to clean the passengers side like everyone else

Webhosting for less than $3 a month? put "pinoyesv6" as a promo code.

Experienced TGC Member
    I just want to know what hose needs to be unclogged because these past 3 days have been the hottest and most humid days in Maryland so far this year, and I need my a/c. and to think I wanted to get rid of it....

is that plastic part the part that needs replacing? or is there a tube inside that plastic part? the water is coming from that area but its hard to tell where its dripping from cause of space.

shit i had to cut out my driverside foot area cause the water is so bad. had no choice its hot. and i have kids i gotta run the AC.

I can't believe a meet never happening all because I or James is not gonna be present. What kind of crap is that? Since when was G-spot and Silver01G heart and soul of TGCTX?

yours looks like it is still attached. but when i went to look at mine it fell off in my hands. but yea, that plastic part goes to the outside, it might be clogged also.

Webhosting for less than $3 a month? put "pinoyesv6" as a promo code.

so how would i get to it? is it better from the outside or inside?

I've had mine blown out twice by my mechanic, and it still leaks. He said he found a dirt dobbers nest and a bunch of crap in there, maybe there is still more crap inside? I've had my carpet out of my car since like March or something. My mechanic told me that if I took my dash out, he'd take a look at my ac for really cheap, but that's a lot of work.

I'm wondering how it would work to drill like bergundy said on the inside and blow it outward instead of getting at it from the engine bay like my mechanic did, bc obviously that hasn't worked for me so far. Where exactly did you drill?
    })({ Heather })({

- "If you never take risks, you'll have a wasted soul."

if you take apart your lower dash: the glove box, the fan motor, the (joint) from the fan motor to the AC, then whatever you unclog from the engine bay,will shoot out into your passenger side cabin.

And then what? Will it just clog right back up after putting this all back together? Or will this solve it once and for all? I really want to put my carpet back in my car and stop having to roll my pants up and bail water from my driver's side floor every couple of days. :(
    })({ Heather })({

- "If you never take risks, you'll have a wasted soul."

i dont know what is clogging up your drain, but when i cleared my drain. it was little bits of leaves that was the culprit

just look from the drivers side, look in the middle of the firewall, look all the way down you'll see your engine rear mount, on the firewall behind that mount there is a little 1/2" tube sticking out, grab a wet/dry vac and put it flush against the firewall over the tube and that should take care of your leak problem, ive done that for many galants they all had some kind of crap in there for some odd reason, i think that 90* tube collects trash.

I am having the same problem it seems. When I make left turns, the AC vents on the far right passenger side making a hissing noise and I also see some water dripping near the glove box.

Where is this tube I need to clear?.....I looked at the areas that were described under the hood, but I am not sure I am seeing the proper tube. there's a whole lot of tubage in there and for somebody like me who doesn't know what they are looking at, it's a little overwhelming.

Experienced TGC Member
    I finally found it, its alot easier if you take out the battery and tray, it only stick out about 1/2 inch from the firewall, the thing is, about an hour after I unclogged it it clogged back up and since then I haven't bothered to fix it again.
    03 ES 5spd--Rota torque gloss black 17x8 et. 35--Hankook Ventus V12 evo 235/45/17--D2 coilovers--DC Sports STB--Intake--Brembo calipers--Powerslot Rotors--Stoptech Pads--SS brakes lines--35% tint--5k heads & 5k fogs--Alpine headunit--Kicker 400w amp--Alphasonix sub

I removed my glove box and when I take a left turn, I can now clearly see water being dumped into the floorboard right under where the glove box would be. it smells too.

and this is a known problem with 03 Galants? FU Mitsubishi!!

ps- I was one of the luck ones who also had the known problem of crappy paint. ugh!

I am going to say this will be my last Mitsu car.

Experienced TGC Member
    last mitsu cars because of a clained a/c pipe and paint? lolz
    -Chris

Quote Originally Posted by quicksilver22 View Post
    last mitsu cars because of a clained a/c pipe and paint? lolz

yes.......

my car was about 3 years old and about 80% of it needed to be repainted. the black paint had faded and was close to the point to where it could have started to rust. It turned out that this was a problem that Mitsubishi knew about and neglected to correct or repair. It took me months and months of contacting many people to get them to agree to repaint.
    If I spend around $20,000 on a new car, it should not need a completely new paint job just a couple years later......and if it does and it is a known problem that has happened to hundreds of cars from that time, they should take care of it for free and promptly.

Now it seems I am now experiencing what is another common defect. Just really disappointing. And of course......I am just over the 60K mile mark.

ps- I also had to replace the driver's side window motor and regulator earlier this year.

Experienced TGC Member jimmy_o2's Avatar
    its not under ur hood is under the car if u look under the car behind the pass front wheen yull see a hole shound be between ur front pass door rear of ur fender put a stick in there just watch out for water and ur done
    03 I4

Quote Originally Posted by jimmy_o2 View Post
    its not under ur hood is under the car if u look under the car behind the pass front wheen yull see a hole shound be between ur front pass door rear of ur fender put a stick in there just watch out for water and ur done

jimmy......do you have a digital camera?

post a pic? :)

Experienced TGC Member jimmy_o2's Avatar
    i do but gotta find it
    03 I4

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast