The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: is this worth it?

Showing results 1 to 14 of 14

is this worth it?

i found this car for 1200 its a gs here is the translation

http://www.clasificadosonline.com/UD...Anuncio=705127

Manual, stock dohc engine, it needs head to be installed, the car has been recently repaired, new oil pump,crankshaft and rods rectified all new bearings and piston rings and a few other things

i think i can get it down to 1k , so what do you guys think?

i wouldnt do it... because it needs body work too... u can probally find something a little better it u keep looking
    Mods:
    2 tone leather interior, touch screen navigation, 7inch headrest tv's, 17" Driftz Black and Polished rims, 215 50 17 Goodyear Eagle Nct5 tires Tein s lowering springs, kyb gr-2 struts, rearview mirror camera, diamond black paint custom front and lower grill, Chrome door pillars., and chrome door handles. Powder coated my wipper arms wet black, exhaust heat sheild and my valve cover. 2nd gen led taillights

if i do it i plan on replacing the damaged body parts with my currents 96g. my g need a LOT of mechanical work.

it might be worth it if it is actually a dohc 4g64. i would offer them about 800 for that car.

1996 galant s
    finishing up my 2.4L DOHC, 10.5:1, precision sc60, meth injected MONSTER.

You are here entirely tooo much!! 4-G-rim's Avatar
    I would if the car is in truly good mechanical and electrical condition. Body repair is easy to fix and should be a problem. 7g Galant GS's are rare...so if you come across one thats in good condition, jump on it. I would.

1991 Galant VR4 1948/2000_________1996 Galant "S" 5 speed 2.4L turbo

Proto
    $900 if it runs fine and all the electrical checks out.

ok what they said... lol... i just like to look good in my cars... :-)
    Mods:
    2 tone leather interior, touch screen navigation, 7inch headrest tv's, 17" Driftz Black and Polished rims, 215 50 17 Goodyear Eagle Nct5 tires Tein s lowering springs, kyb gr-2 struts, rearview mirror camera, diamond black paint custom front and lower grill, Chrome door pillars., and chrome door handles. Powder coated my wipper arms wet black, exhaust heat sheild and my valve cover. 2nd gen led taillights

i NEED to see this car in person, ill contact the guy today to arrange a meeting. ill let you guys know what happens, just talked to the guy car has around 180k miles he says everything electrical works going to see it personally later today or tomorrow
    Last edited by Joker96; 05-26-2008 at 10:23 AM

I just got back from watching the car. the car looks amazing interiors are in great shape and everything works just like he said except for the sun roof control panel that's is cracking exteriors are completely spotless except for the front t bar and bumper the guy said a pick up truck hit him doing reverse. and the engine looks super clean BUT its all disassembled everything is in the trunk of the car. he replaced the head that the car had for a new one since the old one was ported and polished(he still has that one in his house) and the air intake mani fell on the floor on broke(that's what he said)he has a 1g intake manifold but he says it wont fit. it will fit on the head but that mani doesnt have the holes for the ignition thing. i believe i can replace that one with a 4g63 one right? other than that the car is in perfect order. i could not test the car since engine is not complete. he practically had the engine rebuilt. so what do you guys think?? is it worth it? i could try to get the job done by myself. but since my mechanical skills are not good enough ill need someone to get all these together. also the ac compressor is damaged
    Last edited by Joker96; 05-28-2008 at 06:24 PM

The engine looks super clean, but its disassembled in the trunk? Sounds like the price just dropped to $300.

lol when i say disassembled i mean the head and mani intake its not intalled neither the fuel rail and injectors of course. yesterday i saw a 95g s with 160k miles no ac 2 doors dont open and a electric problem with the fans go for 2000usd so what do you guys think?
    Last edited by Joker96; 05-30-2008 at 11:13 AM

what are the reasons of having to repair and engine? i mean he told me that he had the engine block repaired at a machine shop. and he rebuilt almost everything exept for pistons he even had a new head. i dont get it

Sounds like the guy is trying to pass his headache on to someone else.

that's what am scared of. i just got 2 options buy that gs and repair it and complete it with my current g parts or sell my g and get something else. i like galants to much to have to say good bye lolol