The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Opinions on lowering springs for a 7g

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 20 of 29

Opinions on lowering springs for a 7g

i was thinking of getting a set of eibach pro kit lowering spring but then i wen t to search for reviews about them and many people were saying that they are only good for about a year until they start to sag.and i was thinking of getting sprints only because they are a 1.8 in drop all around...which is a better lowering springs for ride comfort,quality, and appearance???thanks in advance

WANNA LOOK FRESH????
    GET SOME CLOTHES AT KARMALOOP.COM AND GET 20% ON FIRST PURCHASE WHEN USING REPCODE:KN21899

siniGANG represent!

You are here entirely tooo much!! peanotation's Avatar
    someone correct me if i'm wrong, but don't the sprint springs have a more aggressive drop than the prokit? i dont know if it happens to everyone, but my prokit started sagging after about 2-3 years, so much that i had to replace them.

best spring for appearance is your call, everyone's different; some people think having the wheel so far tucked into the fender looks good and some people like their wheel gap, and then the normal people are in the middle.

general rule of thumb, the lower the drop, the stiffer the ride. certain coilovers will allow you to slam your car but still keep the load off the coils for a nice ride.
    Last edited by peanotation; 05-26-2008 at 12:47 PM
    http://socallifestyle.com/

1994 Galant GS 5spd

Proto
    The sprints don't drop the 7g even all around and still has wheel gap in the front. Best bet is to use Eibach in the front and keep the stocks in the back.

well on their website it said drops the car 1.8 around the car but yea i get how it wont be even all around.i just might get the eibach prokit because it is a trusted brand and since i live in chicago and when it snows i will get stuck with the sprints and these huge pot holes everywhere i might not want my car to be slammed.but do the eibach have good ride comfort and what is the average life on these before they start to sag?
    Last edited by EATsleepJDM; 05-26-2008 at 03:00 PM

WANNA LOOK FRESH????
    GET SOME CLOTHES AT KARMALOOP.COM AND GET 20% ON FIRST PURCHASE WHEN USING REPCODE:KN21899

siniGANG represent!

You are here entirely tooo much!! peanotation's Avatar
    really depends on what shocks you pair the springs with. agxs turned all the way up will ride like a train on a baja racing course regardless the springs.....

i knw a lot of people on here are happy with GR2s and the prokit, very streetable setup
    http://socallifestyle.com/

1994 Galant GS 5spd

o ok right now i have kyb gr2 shocks with stock springs so i think i might just get the prokit....

WANNA LOOK FRESH????

siniGANG represent!

here is a comparison my car on the left with pro kit and gr-2's and the other has sprint springs.

"DSM's, making people mechanics since 1985"
    Quote Originally Posted by polishmafia
    You want real respect from those fools? Don't race him. Tell him racing is a sport left to young boys who are still waiting for their balls to drop. Then while he's out racing, fuck his girlfriend in the ass, take pics, and leave them on his car while hes at school.

^^^^thanks for the picture,it helped A LOT (no sarcasm.....ok maybe a little.....lol ok no) the prokit has a nice aggressive look to it...and the sprint springs look pretty high off the ground.....do you know the clearance of your front bumper to the ground is?and how is the ride comfort?

WANNA LOOK FRESH????

siniGANG represent!

Quote Originally Posted by kolio View Post
    here is a comparison my car on the left with pro kit and gr-2's and the other has sprint springs.

oh yea what size rims do you have?because i have 15's and i am wondering if the car might scrap at some places..

WANNA LOOK FRESH????

siniGANG represent!

i got 17x7 rims and so does the guy in the picture. you will be ok. even with my 14" steelies i barely scraped. it's not like you fly over speed bumps right?

the ride is awsome. it's only like 30% stiffer than stock.

"DSM's, making people mechanics since 1985"
    Quote Originally Posted by polishmafia
    You want real respect from those fools? Don't race him. Tell him racing is a sport left to young boys who are still waiting for their balls to drop. Then while he's out racing, fuck his girlfriend in the ass, take pics, and leave them on his car while hes at school.

I am rockin the prokit and AGX's and I love it. Been over 2 years for me and they are not sagging. Handle great and are very smooth on the street. Well worth it, and if you are changin shit out get energy suspension bushings or the prothanes...makes a huge difference

"Why fart and waste it when you can burp and taste it!"

Has anyone tried the Suspension Techniques springs? According to their site it lowers 1.00'' all around
    God created turbo lag to give the v8's a brief moment of hope.

Build Thread

yeah i used to love my prokit and AGX.

Megan makes a good set of springs for the 2g eclipses that will work great on the 7g.
    pair them with agx and you'll have a nice setup.

just make sure you replace your upper strut bushings with some polyurethane ones when you switch out your springs/shocks.
    your factory rubber mush bushing is worn out.

1994 Galant GS-Turbo

Build Thread

Quote Originally Posted by DOHCstunr View Post
    yeah i used to love my prokit and AGX.

Megan makes a good set of springs for the 2g eclipses that will work great on the 7g.
    pair them with agx and you'll have a nice setup.

just make sure you replace your upper strut bushings with some polyurethane ones when you switch out your springs/shocks.
    your factory rubber mush bushing is worn out.

yea i heard that MEGAN RACING lowering springs for the 2g eclipse also have a nice ride.....does anyone here have them one used to have them on their car?or even been in a car with them??...right now my options are between Eibach prokit spring or the 2g eclipse Megan Racing springs....replys will be appreciated.......

WANNA LOOK FRESH????

siniGANG represent!

Quote Originally Posted by mko View Post
    They look like Tokicos i got a set sitting in my garage just need the matching fronts and they will get put on my car.!

1996 galant s
    finishing up my 2.4L DOHC, 10.5:1, precision sc60, meth injected MONSTER.

Quote Originally Posted by Galant306m View Post
    They look like Tokicos i got a set sitting in my garage just need the matching fronts and they will get put on my car.!

Do you know how much they lower?

Build Thread

Those look like stock hight

1996 galant s
    finishing up my 2.4L DOHC, 10.5:1, precision sc60, meth injected MONSTER.

i just found out that my car has 96 struts in the front and 97 struts in the back....will the eibach prokit or the megan racing 2g eclipse springs fit on both front and back or would i have to buy two separate sets for each one??

WANNA LOOK FRESH????

siniGANG represent!

Quote Originally Posted by EATsleepJDM View Post
    i just found out that my car has 96 struts in the front and 97 struts in the back....will the eibach prokit or the megan racing 2g eclipse springs fit on both front and back or would i have to buy two separate sets for each one??

does anyone have an answer for this??

WANNA LOOK FRESH????

siniGANG represent!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast