The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Rattling door

Showing results 1 to 7 of 7

Rattling door

When I put my stereo up, sounds like the door is rattling somewhere. Is it the door handle, window buttons, etc...or just the speaker blown??
    It's been bothering me for days.
    Thanks

Senior TGC Member
    No idea, but so far it's happened on both of my Galants that I've owned, both 8g.
    "Daisy tumbled short of his dreams, not through her own fault, but because of the colossal vitality of his illusion... No amount of fire or freshness can challenge what a man will store up in his ghostly heart. " - F. Scott Fitzgerald, The Great Gatsby

"I have not failed 700 times. I have not failed once. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work." - Thomas Edison

I think it's the 'cup' handle in the door panel. It needs to be re-tightened. Also, I remember someone saying a couple years back about the styrofoam inside the door. There is a large square block located slightly lower to the left of this door handle cup (inside - on the drivers side. To the right on the passenger side). Remove it.

Hmmmm, I've never had any rattling on my doors ever. The only thing that rattles inside my car is the C-pillars and the 3rd brake light. You might want to check there to see maybe you thought it was your door...
    2001 Galant ES I4
    Injen RD CAI
    Kamikaze Headers
    Brospeed Prosport Muffler
    Brembo X-drilled/Slotted Rotors
    Progress Springs
    KYB AGX Adjustables
    Racing X Headlights
    Smoked Tails
    Custom Grill
    Titanium Limo Tint
    MOMO Shift Knob
    Tenzo R Mean-6 18"
    JBL 600.1
    2 JL 12W3 D4 in topfire custom box

My ride: http://photos.yahoo.com/nrg_neo

rickyp1016

Rattling Door

Mine does the same thing. At first I thought it was my speaker, then I thought it was my suspension...But I had it checked out by my aftermarket guy, and he said it may be the doors. He told me to wipe the rubber sills on the doors with Silicone Spray. I haven't tried this yet myself, so I may not even kno what i'm talking about

My cup handle is also a pain in the butt... have to re-screw it every once a while..... and my glove box too .... those 2 things always givesme rattleing problems.

I used to have a nasty rattle in my door. When I would accelerate it would just rattle between certain speeds from the vibrations of the car. I took the door panel off and tightened everything in the door panel (ie: the woodgrain, the cup, anything with screws) and it went away. You may want to try the same.

Good luck.
    Love,
    Matt