The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Removing water spots on carbon hood and carbon trunk?

Showing results 1 to 7 of 7

Removing water spots on carbon hood and carbon trunk?

What would be the best, yet safest way to remove the water spots? I had my hood and trunk recleared...i dont know if that means anything. I just don't want to damage anything.

TGC Regular
    So you mean you wash and dry the car and the water spots are still there?

Have you tried waxing it?

If that doesnt work you may want to try to get the spots buffed out.

Need some paint or bodywork done in Chicagoland or NW Indiana???.. http://www.alsautobodyexperts.com/

I wash and wax it regularly, its just sometimes my car is parked outside and it rains and then it dries. I'm usually working and I don't get back to my car for hours. By then, the water spots have already formed. Well, I guess ill check out some detailing places and see what they say.

put some white distilled vinegar and some water into a spray bottle and spray that onto the problem areas. then wipe away.

i'd use distilled water too.

Webhosting for less than $3 a month? put "pinoyesv6" as a promo code.

Go and get whats called a clay bar. That will also help remove the hard water spots. We used them when I was a manager at a car wash.

TGC Regular
    OK, so when you wash and dry your car the spots are no longer there......... just like with any dark colored car.

Im assuming you have a light colored car with a carbon hood. Therefore, when it rains, the entire car has water spots, but they are only noticable on the dark colored hood.

The easiest remedy would be to get some detailing spray and slightly mist it onto the hood, and wipe it off with a microfiber.

Need some paint or bodywork done in Chicagoland or NW Indiana???.. http://www.alsautobodyexperts.com/

Quote Originally Posted by ericbla03 View Post
    OK, so when you wash and dry your car the spots are no longer there......... just like with any dark colored car.

Im assuming you have a light colored car with a carbon hood. Therefore, when it rains, the entire car has water spots, but they are only noticable on the dark colored hood.

The easiest remedy would be to get some detailing spray and slightly mist it onto the hood, and wipe it off with a microfiber.
    X2 I've used that stuff before. Works nicely inbetween waxes.