The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Loud noise when driving

Showing results 1 to 3 of 3

Loud noise when driving

Alright, I searched the forum and didn't find anything quite like what's happening to me. At any speed (though I only notice it over ~50mph, I assume whatever it is still goes on under 50) there's a crazy loud whirring noise coming from the front wheels. I thought for sure it was my tires since they were nearly bald before I got new ones, but even now running on new tires it still makes the noise. It's loud enough that it's hard to talk over. It happens all the time unless I make a right turn. When I do that it's nice and quiet inside until I straighten the wheel back out.

I'm positive it's not the tires since I just got new ones. Could this be because of the wheel bearings? A similar thing happened on my last car but it needed so much done in and around the area of the wheel bearings/CV joints/etc that I gave up and sold it to someone who didn't care. ^.^

Sounded like my problem a couple weeks ago. Had to replace both front wheel bearings.

My noise was a "thump" or a " whump" noise.

x2
    wheel bearings

gl
    8G 4 life!

Mods: CAI,Grounding wires, CCorners, Shaved, 3G STB. AGX/Teins, Addco bar, OZ F1 wheels And well maintained : )