The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: stock box vs. aftermarket intake

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 20 of 38

stock box vs. aftermarket intake

i heard that the stock box gives you better engine response but i like the noise of the aftermarket intake.right now i have the stock box but i know mostly everyone on here has a aftermarket intake. what is the difference and what is the benefits of having a aftermarket intake?

WANNA LOOK FRESH????
    GET SOME CLOTHES AT KARMALOOP.COM AND GET 20% ON FIRST PURCHASE WHEN USING REPCODE:KN21899

siniGANG represent!

You are here entirely tooo much!!
    looks like you just answered your own question.

Not how fast your car goes but how good u drive going fast.
    Drive It Like You Stole It!
    7G Erubini Body Kit for sale
    http://thegalantcenter.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=57678

yea i kno about the engine response part but i am asking what is he benefit of having a aftermarket intake.

WANNA LOOK FRESH????
    GET SOME CLOTHES AT KARMALOOP.COM AND GET 20% ON FIRST PURCHASE WHEN USING REPCODE:KN21899

siniGANG represent!

it looks cool when u open up ur hood..
    04 Maxima SL in Bronze with Black leather

Cold-air provides cooler engine sweeping from under the car, therefore providing a small bit of performance gain. Short ram still gets you more air flow, but instead you are sucking up hot air from the engine bay.
    1997 Volvo 850 T5

Quote Originally Posted by mapid145 View Post
    it looks cool when u open up ur hood..
    yeah you right about that ^^ .... But for me it help burn fuel better and sound sexy thou gears

Has any one sucked up water in with their CAI? It rains pretty fierce around here. That would be a concen of mine.

I currently have the battey relocated to the trunk and have a 3 inch tube from air box to fender plug right above the evap canister.

Nice intake Growl

i have not

You are here entirely tooo much!! RAZ_76's Avatar
    I have CAI and used it on my Daily G last year, everyday. Here in Oklahoma it rains like a son of.... As long as you don't submerge the filter under water and don't floor it, you should be ok. You can also remove the down pipe when it rains and make it a Ram. I do that also.

you can also get a aem bipass valve http://www.aempower.com/ViewCategory.aspx?CategoryID=20

Quote Originally Posted by dwjp90 View Post
    ...Which are a complete and total waste of money and do absolutely nothing to prevent sucking in water unless your CAI filter is totally submerged
    Chip

2000 Basalt Black Metallic GTZ
    (Paint Code: Porsche LC9Z)

Genuine experience carries a lot more credibility than the ability to answer a question.

Quote Originally Posted by Fishboy55 View Post
    ...Which are a complete and total waste of money and do absolutely nothing to prevent sucking in water unless your CAI filter is totally submerged
    yea, better than if your intake is completly submerged and have that, than not.

Quote Originally Posted by RacerX4g64S View Post
    Has any one sucked up water in with their CAI? It rains pretty fierce around here. That would be a concen of mine.
    Almost everyone that has a CAI has sucked up some water if they've driven their car when the road is wet. However, it evaporates before it gets sucked into the TB. That's because, like Ray said, unless you're intake is completely submerged, the likelihood of sucking up enough water to hydrolock is minimal.

And for those of you that don't think you've gotten water in your CAI before, take it off and look inside the tube and explain how those water spots got there.
    Chip

Genuine experience carries a lot more credibility than the ability to answer a question.

ive gotton submerged once, i killed the enginge before it could suck up water. so i would rather be safe then sorry.

it looked like a small amont of water n the streetm turned out to be a huge pothole.

yea, better than if your intake is completly submerged and have that, than not.
    Well I guess if you drive into a situation where your CAI is completely submerged you'd need something to make up for the stupidity factor
    Chip

ive gotton submerged once, i killed the enginge before it could suck up water. so i would rather be safe then sorry.

it looked like a small amont of water n the streetm turned out to be a huge pothole.
    Unlikely that you would be quick enough to prevent hydrolock if you were truly submerged. And BTW, unless you have some special CAI, your filter is behind your foglight. Since your car doesn't appear to be dropped, that would have to be one huge pothole.
    Chip

now that i thnik about it, idt i was fully submerged, my filter was soaked tho. the water was a good half way up my tires.

You are here entirely tooo much!! RAZ_76's Avatar
    If you do go in a puddle by accident or whatever dumb reason, just chill out. If your car idles, is ok. Not strong enough to suck up water, besides water is heavier then air and gravity says otherwise, unless in your world water flows up. I drove thru some heavy rain, so heavy that my wipers on full blast were not cutting it and my car ran just fine.

yea, just scarred me tho, better safe than sorry you know?

stock box FTW!

WANNA LOOK FRESH????

siniGANG represent!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast