The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: have any of you recieved this recall?

Showing results 1 to 13 of 13
    mitsgalantes01

have any of you recieved this recall?

Transmission cooler lines replace?

Senior TGC Member
    Er not sure, I got one about the transmission before, not sure if it's with the cooling system.
    "Daisy tumbled short of his dreams, not through her own fault, but because of the colossal vitality of his illusion... No amount of fire or freshness can challenge what a man will store up in his ghostly heart. " - F. Scott Fitzgerald, The Great Gatsby

"I have not failed 700 times. I have not failed once. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work." - Thomas Edison

its for most of the 99 to 00 galants..
    its to have the tranny cooler lines replaced, as there is apparently the chance of them developing pinhole leaks (although we've never seen ONE since the cars were released)..

the leaks SUPPOSEDLY could spray on the exhaust manifold, starting a fire.. once again, not too likely.
    its an easy recall, and takes only 20 minutes.

I think I did. It sounds familiar.

opy1095
    yep had mine done. its been awhile now

Well, I had the recal done as soon as I got the notice. Those goobers didn't put the new cooler line on right and it dumped a ton of tranny fluid out and ended up nuking my torque converter. its been all fixed now but it was a REAL pain in the ass. Oh well.

Wes
    Another fine post brought to you By:
    The Man™
    Search the boards first please!

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(burthold)</div><div class='quotemain'>Well, I had the recal done as soon as I got the notice. Those goobers didn't put the new cooler line on right and it dumped a ton of tranny fluid out and ended up nuking my torque converter. its been all fixed now but it was a REAL pain in the ass. Oh well.

Wes</div>

Man, that totally sucks. Bring it in for a fix only to get it messed up more. Sheesh, how incompetent can they be.

And yeah, I had this recall done.

[size=10]<span style='color:white'>. . . .</span>

Yeah i got those thing replaced !! here's some link that have Recall for our Galant hope it helps:

Click Here 1
    Click Here 2
    Sex is when a guys information
    enters a girls communication
    to increase the population
    for a younger generation
    do you get the information...
    or do you need a demonstration ??

Sorry, the first link was for ES V6 Which is the 1 i have so just go to the bottom page and click on different year or model
    Sex is when a guys information
    enters a girls communication
    to increase the population
    for a younger generation
    do you get the information...
    or do you need a demonstration ??

Yes, I got the recall a long time ago for the V6. I also got another one before that but don't remember what it was. I don't think thats too bad to only have two recalls in two years. Better than a lot of American iron. Course now that dodge/chrysler is heavily involved with Mitsubishi, I'd expect that to change.

Chip
    Chip

2000 Basalt Black Metallic GTZ
    (Paint Code: Porsche LC9Z)

Genuine experience carries a lot more credibility than the ability to answer a question.

BlueESV6
    Yea I got that one about 2 years ago. I also got one early on about the rack and pinion nuts having to be checked for proper torque! Recalls are a pain... but at least the will do it for free!!

I got that recall fixed like 25,000 miles ago. About 14 months or so ago.

MIKEYBKLYN

dumb dealer

haha, they fixed my 01 es i4 and guess what? a month later, i was at a toll plaza and the car wouldnt move while in drive!!!
    what had happened was when they fixed it at the dealer, they forgot to put a clamp on the hose that goes from the atf to the radiator (this is the hose they replaced) and i leaked out all my atf, burning up my tranny
    those dummies then gave me a hard timeabout it saying that i had removed the clamp
    i got my lawyer involved and to make a long story short, they replaced the tranny
    BAY RIDGE MITSUBISHI IN BROOKLYN, NY ARE A BUNCH OF STUPID SCUMBAGS!!!
    spread the word