The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Signal bulbs for cleared corner lights

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Showing results 41 to 58 of 58
    Reelax...

for your turn signal LEDs did you need the Load Equalizers or no?
    2002 Mitsubishi Galant ES 2.4L 4G64 */* !!NEW!! 03 Honda CBR F4i
    * a little done -*- more to come *
    My Dual Halo H3 Projector Project

im pretty sure you have to with most (if not all LEDs) or else they will blink very fast.

If you post stupid and incorrect information, you will get red nuggets.

You know, they make this little tool (not sure what it's called) that looks like a nail set for countersinking finish nails, but at the top of it it has a little weight on a spring. What you do is put the point on whatever you're "breaking" and pull the spring/weight back and let it go...the weight comes down and hits the point of the tip (which is sharp like a center punch) and completely shatters glass, plastic, basically anything hard and somewhat brittle, and would easily fit in the headlight bulb hole to destroy the orange reflector. I used to have one, and it completely shattered a windshield with one pull of the spring. If anyone had the balls to try it on that reflector it would be shattered in about a second,,,,no prying/scratching/breaking etc with various tools to get the thing out. Also, (obviously) the amount of breakage would depend on how far you pulled back the spring and weight, so at most, a couple of pulls and that orange reflector is history! It would be kind of like shooting it with a very fast velocity pointed bb or something,,, but ina controlled manner.
    Last edited by boochieboy; 05-30-2008 at 10:38 AM

Well, that is breaking glass, which shatters. Plastic tends not to shatter as much as glass does, right?

That is a pretty awesome idea though!

When I had the thing years ago, we broke all kind of stuff with it,,,,including plastic,,I guess it might depend on the type of plastic, but, i think
    it would work. I know for sure if you did it to your tail light or something like that, it would definately break it. I'll try and find a pic of one.
    Last edited by boochieboy; 05-30-2008 at 10:39 AM

and if you were to accidentally over do it you'd break the reflector and the headlight lens itself.

Webhosting for less than $3 a month? put "pinoyesv6" as a promo code.

Quote Originally Posted by boochieboy View Post
    When I had the thing years ago, we broke all kind of stuff with it,,,,including plastic,,I guess it might depend on the type of plastic, but, i think
    it would work. I know for sure if you did it to your tail light or something like that, it would definately break it. I'll try and find a pic of one.
    Well, where can I get one of those?

Are they expensive?

A place that sells windows and doors would have one in their shop. They use them to test security(laminated) glass. I don't know where the one I had came from....probably less than ten dollars. Also, The pointed tip only comes out of the end about 3/32" to 1/8" so unless the two or more pieces of glass/plastic/whatever were touching each other (sandwiched together) I don't think it'd break the headlamp lens too. Like I said, I don't know if it'd work or not, but I really think it would. I'd just be careful and do it lightly to start.
    Last edited by boochieboy; 05-31-2008 at 10:22 AM

2nerGalant03
    My reflectors are the only thing that broke. Just make sure you have a metal pointed tip. Like I showed in my previous post. I did mine at a car wash and was finished in 20 min.

Experienced TGC Member fliegendaffe's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Reelax View Post
    well $50 isn't that bad considering i don't have any normal filament bulbs on the outside of my car anymore... 3 sets of HID and 14 or so LED bulbs... about $1300+ total.
    3 sets of hids? where is the 3rd set?

hi low and fog

Webhosting for less than $3 a month? put "pinoyesv6" as a promo code.

Quote Originally Posted by Reelax View Post
    ... 3 sets of HID and 14 or so LED bulbs...
    How do the LED turn signals look next to the HID heads and fogs?

Quote Originally Posted by fliegendaffe View Post
    3 sets of hids? where is the 3rd set?
    6000K H7 low beam, 6000K H1 hi beam (JDM headlights), 6000K H3 fog projector. actually over the years i've had 5 or 6 kits (in different Kelvin) total on this car.

Quote Originally Posted by airborneparainf82 View Post
    How do the LED turn signals look next to the HID heads and fogs?

Last edited by Reelax; 06-02-2008 at 03:06 AM

Looks great... just got my bulbs in the mail. Didn't order the Equalizers until a couple days after, so hopefully later this week that should be here. Can't wait to get these in there!

Got the bulbs installed and I cannot express how happy I am about them! I think anyone who's cleared their corners and hates the amber parking lights being on all the time should definatly go with these. Here's a couple pictures I took. The only thing is the pure white light of the LEDs makes my normal headlights look bad, but that is an upcoming project Im working on (if all goes well Ill put up a new thread about that!)

Much thanks to reelax for showing me these!

thus they'll look good with HIDs

Quote Originally Posted by fliegendaffe View Post
    thus they'll look good with HIDs
    yeah I was planning on them already, but now its obviously a necessity asap.

lol

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123