The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Cant seem to find the help i need.

Showing results 1 to 6 of 6

Cant seem to find the help i need.

Okay, i was looking for the thread that broke down how to turbo charge an 8g with the 4g64, but i cant seem to find it. I dont know if i am looking in the wrong place or if i missed it completely, but i dont know where it is. Can someone help me out with this? I was looking at some of those kits on ebay, but i was just told that they are total shit. Is there a kit that is "Good" or do i have to put something together myself? If i have to do it myself, can i get a parts list from somewhere? I know this has been gone over befor, but i cant seem to find it again. Thanks for the help.
    Currently on my 3rd 8G... Not giving up this time!

The only real 'kits' out there are for the 3G Eclipse. All the manifolds and what not fit, but if memory serves the intercooler piping requires modification. The intercooler itself shouldn't have any fitment issues because most kits for the Eclipse used a rather short intercooler body.

So what would be a good kit to get? I only want to push about 5-7 psi on the stock motor for now.
    Currently on my 3rd 8G... Not giving up this time!

http://4g64.150m.com/turbo.html

not a straight up tutorial, but it tells the basic components and general instructions how to install a turbo on a 4g64

i recommend getting the parts yourself, some kits don't include all the parts you need.
    i haven't made a concrete "list" but if you search through my turbo thread, all the parts for the install are there.
    i'm sure other members have lists as well. 6-8psi should be good, as long as you don't go over 12psi (without forged internals)

02 Mit. Galant 5 Spd -> 2010 Mit. Lancer Sportback 5 Spd -> (current) 2014 Mit Evo GSR 5 Spd
    run1206's Rear Disc Tutorial
    run1206's CF Hood Resurface Tutorial

deff try using the search button, and runs turbo build has a link under his name which is also an excellent choice for a build guide 8)
    Last edited by 716GalantES; 05-27-2008 at 10:16 PM
    If you don't got the pocket, then don't try and rock it

currently updating my first post in my turbo thread so it shows a complete list...

02 Mit. Galant 5 Spd -> 2010 Mit. Lancer Sportback 5 Spd -> (current) 2014 Mit Evo GSR 5 Spd
    run1206's Rear Disc Tutorial
    run1206's CF Hood Resurface Tutorial