The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Paint recall

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Showing results 21 to 27 of 27
    Quote Originally Posted by Jasmine View Post
    Is there no way to prevent the problem from getting worse? My new car seems to have this on the bonnet...Just a small spot, and don't want it spreading.
    Sorry Kiwi, I don't think you'll be able to stop it from spreading, but what you have may not be the kalapana cancer. Yours may just be heat related from that twin turbo since it's on the bonnet. If so, like 306 said, wet sand it with 2000 grit paper and respray it with some clear coat
    Chip

2000 Basalt Black Metallic GTZ
    (Paint Code: Porsche LC9Z)

Genuine experience carries a lot more credibility than the ability to answer a question.

factory respray for the win!!!!

to be honest my car has about 4-5 different paint jobs on it. all the doors except for the driver door are original paint. the driver door is the newest, the roof is the oldest respray lol and everything in between. my cars gotten new paint somewhere every year ive had it
    RIP GALANT, GOOD MORNING BMW 330i

330i ZSP (E90) - S4 (B5) / hellaflush

Quote Originally Posted by Fishboy55 View Post
    Sorry Kiwi, I don't think you'll be able to stop it from spreading, but what you have may not be the kalapana cancer. Yours may just be heat related from that twin turbo since it's on the bonnet. If so, like 306 said, wet sand it with 2000 grit paper and respray it with some clear coat
    Oh ok, that would make sense. But my last Galant started fading too, it was horrible, mainly on the roof of the car.

I guess would sort something out lol. I don't feel comfortable enough playing with paint by myself XD

TGC Regular
    Lol, nah

Jas, yours will be due to the smog/sea air that floats around Auckland, it eats into clear coats like nothing else. Though, you don't know how it was treated in japan/previous owner.

Both mine and my brothers VR-4's are fine, no paint fade or anything.
    1994 Galant VR-4 GOKUH ( 230kw atw )
    2000 Legnum VR-4 ( Daily, 155.5kw atw )
    1997 Legnum VR-4 - Yes Another one
    1995 FTO - V6 Mivec 200hp

Experienced TGC Member showtime's Avatar
    My Galant' kalapana black paint is fading bad, the whole hood is almost white and the trunk is starting to fade as well!!! I have gotten quotes from 500-1600 for repaint...anyone know the best place to get my G painted. Im in Arizona.

My car doing the same sh*t. I have black 2003 GTZ. I need a paint job bad

I realize this is an old thread, but Showtime if your still out there just wanted to say I am also in Arizona and i battled with Mitsubishi motor corp all the way. They finally agreed to repaint my car when I threatened to rally outside of all mitsubishi dealerships with fellow galant owners with the same problem. Mine is lo kalapana black.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12