The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: upsidedown monitor install on a 8th Gen

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Showing results 21 to 30 of 30
    Quote Originally Posted by guynlidia2006 View Post
    just found this... i think this is what you are looking for

http://www.dhgate.com/p_ff8080811a0b...dae85ff8.html#
    Does it flip up or is it just a block on my dash. I can't find like anything abt it online. And ik the cops in my area can be jerks when it comes to having random stuff on urt dash / down from ur mirror.

Yeah, I think cops would have a problem with dash mounted monitors in plain view like that. It would be cool though, especially if you could connect a night vision camera to it.
    sig too big

U MIGHT BE ABLE TO MAKE IF FLIP IN BUT THAT WOULD REQUIRE CUTTING UP YOUR DASH. I WOULDNT WORRY ABOUT THE COPS, BUT THATS JUST ME.. I NEVER DO. mY DAD IS A COP, I GUESS THATS WHY... LOL AS LONG AS YOU DO NOT HAVE THE TV OIN WHILE DRIVING THEY CANT SAY A THING, BUT SOME MANY PEOPLE HAVE NAV SYSTEMS IN THERE WINDOW I DOUBT THEY WOULD MESS WITH U MUCH.. IT WOULD LOOK COOL THOUGH
    Mods:
    2 tone leather interior, touch screen navigation, 7inch headrest tv's, 17" Driftz Black and Polished rims, 215 50 17 Goodyear Eagle Nct5 tires Tein s lowering springs, kyb gr-2 struts, rearview mirror camera, diamond black paint custom front and lower grill, Chrome door pillars., and chrome door handles. Powder coated my wipper arms wet black, exhaust heat sheild and my valve cover. 2nd gen led taillights

Thanks for the advice, though i think i'll stick with the visor monitors. I'll prolly get one to start and if i like it i'll order the second one after i see how involved the install is...

ever get started on this? curious to see pics once u do..
    Mods:
    2 tone leather interior, touch screen navigation, 7inch headrest tv's, 17" Driftz Black and Polished rims, 215 50 17 Goodyear Eagle Nct5 tires Tein s lowering springs, kyb gr-2 struts, rearview mirror camera, diamond black paint custom front and lower grill, Chrome door pillars., and chrome door handles. Powder coated my wipper arms wet black, exhaust heat sheild and my valve cover. 2nd gen led taillights

Havent started yet. I had planned to have it done by now but i've had some other things come up that required the $$ i was gonna use for the visor monitors; hopefully i'll have somethign done on it by the end of the month

Quote Originally Posted by guynlidia2006 View Post
    U MIGHT BE ABLE TO MAKE IF FLIP IN BUT THAT WOULD REQUIRE CUTTING UP YOUR DASH. I WOULDNT WORRY ABOUT THE COPS, BUT THATS JUST ME.. I NEVER DO. mY DAD IS A COP, I GUESS THATS WHY... LOL AS LONG AS YOU DO NOT HAVE THE TV OIN WHILE DRIVING THEY CANT SAY A THING, BUT SOME MANY PEOPLE HAVE NAV SYSTEMS IN THERE WINDOW I DOUBT THEY WOULD MESS WITH U MUCH.. IT WOULD LOOK COOL THOUGH
    Did u glue the CAPS-LOCK stuck??

A driver shouldnt watch a DVD screen while driving anyways :p
    Why not put in a dobbel DIN player with DVD navigation and such on ;)

I can't afford one of theose combo dvd/gps/stereos. I already have a GPS which I plan to hardwire in anyways. Right now the plan is still to put in 2 visor monitors and have a slimline PS2 in the glove compartment.

On http://www.millionbuy.com/ they got some cheap ones. They are used but proparly overhauled
    Its a cheap buy anyways :) The cost 1/3 of the price then over here :?

Cheap? well kinda but not really. Everything is abt $100-$250 cheaper than what you'll notmally find. but its still more expensive than what I'm looking at. I'm lookin on ebay and a fre other sites and i can get a pair of 6" - 7.2" monitors for b/w $135 and $180 which is a far better deal than that site. For that price all i can get there is one of those in dash syytems with the 3.5" screen which isnt enough if ur watchin dvds and playin ps2.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12