The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Help! which one? bushing or tie bar?

Showing results 1 to 18 of 18

Help! which one? bushing or tie bar?

Hi please help me to decide which is more worth it to buy and install.. Energy suspension bushings or front and rear tie bar? My bro in law is going to US in 2 weeks time and will ask him to buy. So which do you think should i get? my car is daily driven i just want a solid suspension and great handling. Btw setup now H&R springs, 17 wheels, front strutbar. any other suggestion is welcome. thanks!!

You are here entirely tooo much!! RAZ_76's Avatar
    Neither

Quote Originally Posted by RAZ_76 View Post
    Neither
    Do you have a suggestion? thanks!

Help! which one? bushing or tie bar?

Hi please help me to decide which is more worth it to buy and install on my 7g.. Energy suspension bushings or front and rear tie bar? My bro in law is going to US in 2 weeks time and will ask him to buy. So which do you think should i get? my car is daily driven i just want a solid suspension and great handling. Btw setup now H&R springs, 17 wheels, front strutbar. any other suggestion is welcome aside from these two options. thanks!!

get both. There is no reason why you cant get both

"Why fart and waste it when you can burp and taste it!"

my budget is limited to $130 only. I can get $128 for bushings at ebay or $90 for the two bars also at ebay...

is this the one for 7g? link...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Energ...mZ140227542144

should work...I think thats what I got. Why not just save to money and get em in a bit? I mean you will be taking apart the suspension anyway just get it all done at the same time. Have your brother just get the stuff and pay him back

"Why fart and waste it when you can burp and taste it!"

You are here entirely tooo much!! 4-G-rim's Avatar
    If you are looking for a easy and immediate upgrade..the front and rear tie bar. The tie bars will stiffen up the chassis and will improve your handling.

If you are looking for a big difference of a upgrade..then the bushings. It will just be more time consuming because pressing out the original bushings and prepping and pressing the new ones in is time consuming. Overall you will be happy..because the big difference in overall suspension response you get with the better bushings.

1991 Galant VR4 1948/2000_________1996 Galant "S" 5 speed 2.4L turbo

Quote Originally Posted by romtrt View Post
    my budget is limited to $130 only. I can get $128 for bushings at ebay or $90 for the two bars also at ebay...

is this the one for 7g? link...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Energ...mZ140227542144

Well, I just saw an ad in For Sale forum about energy bushings and It was for under $100. You can get great deals if you look in other forums like DSMTuners and Team 2g.

As far the tie bars, the cheap ones work too. Here's the link:

http://motors.search.ebay.com/tie_Su...Z1QQsofocusZbs
    God created turbo lag to give the v8's a brief moment of hope.

Build Thread

Quote Originally Posted by romtrt View Post
    Hi please help me to decide which is more worth it to buy and install.. Energy suspension bushings or front and rear tie bar? My bro in law is going to US in 2 weeks time and will ask him to buy. So which do you think should i get? my car is daily driven i just want a solid suspension and great handling. Btw setup now H&R springs, 17 wheels, front strutbar. any other suggestion is welcome. thanks!!

Ait, man! Dont want to be mean, but stop posting the same question in different forums!

It's really annoying!

https://thegalantcenter.net/forum/sh...ad.php?t=30068

Build Thread

Quote Originally Posted by mko View Post
    Well, I just saw an ad in For Sale forum about energy bushings and It was for under $100. You can get great deals if you look in other forums like DSMTuners and Team 2g.

As far the tie bars, the cheap ones work too. Here's the link:

http://motors.search.ebay.com/tie_Su...Z1QQsofocusZbs
    Sir can I ask for the link of those below $100 energy bushings? Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by 4-G-rim View Post
    If you are looking for a easy and immediate upgrade..the front and rear tie bar. The tie bars will stiffen up the chassis and will improve your handling.

If you are looking for a big difference of a upgrade..then the bushings. It will just be more time consuming because pressing out the original bushings and prepping and pressing the new ones in is time consuming. Overall you will be happy..because the big difference in overall suspension response you get with the better bushings.
    Thanks bro! Its clear to me now on which I should get. Thanks for the big help! I really appreciate it! and oh by the way are you a Filipino?Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by mko View Post
    Ait, man! Dont want to be mean, but stop posting the same question in different forums!

It's really annoying!

https://thegalantcenter.net/forum/sh...ad.php?t=30068
    Aight! sorry..

Build Thread

Thanks mko! but i think its for 8g mine is 7g sorry did not say it earlier. thanks anyway!

4-G-rim you got pm! thanks!

You are here entirely tooo much!! peanotation's Avatar
    how about shocks.... i noticed you only have springs.
    http://socallifestyle.com/

1994 Galant GS 5spd

Quote Originally Posted by peanotation View Post
    how about shocks.... i noticed you only have springs.

Hi peano! I have replaced my stock shocks with kyb gas shocks those standard gas shocks only. I want to get those adjustable kyb's but they are not available here at Philippines, maybe can get them but expensive. Which one is good for 7g? Thanks!