The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Front bumper conversion from 95-97 ?'s

Showing results 1 to 6 of 6

Front bumper conversion from 95-97 ?'s

Hey, so I finished installing my JDM 1 piece lights and my car looks sick ! Now I took off the 1995 galant bumper and installed a 1997-98 front bumper and had trouble with the crash support on so I took it off, is this needed or will I be fine without it? Car looks mean and pics will be posted ! thanks again for all the info, cars comin out of the garage next mon !:smt031
    KYB Adjustable Shocks & Struts
    Eibach Pro-Kit Springs
    NGK Plugs & Wires
    Proline 240 amp alternator
    Short Shifter 5spd
    Excedy Organic Stage 2 Racing Clutch
    Huge SunRoof Installed
    Drag DR-8 Black/Chrome 17x7 Rims
    VR4 Headlights & Taillights

You are here entirely tooo much!! seth98esT's Avatar
    You dont 'have' to have it installed ... but you probably should for safety reasons and to protect your own car. Plus the bumper might sag a bit without one. From my testing, its easiest to get the 97/98 crash bar as well, everything should fit like a glove with it.
    7g for life!

lets rethink this over...you took out the CRASH bar...ususally its there to prevent cars from going any farther then the engine back...since u took it out u no what material it is and how heavey it is...its best u put it on and find a way to keep it on and quickkly find a 98 one..but just for ur own saftey can always replace car but not urself

You are here entirely tooo much!! 4-G-rim's Avatar
    I would suggest to reinstall the crash bar. I did the conversion on my 96 and I didn't have to replace the crash bar...just used the one that was there from the 94-96 front bumper.

This happened a few months after I converted to the 7gb front end.

IF I didn't have the crash bar...it would of been ALOT worse. I would have probably had to replace the condensor, radiator, RH headlight, radiator support upper and center pieces, and misc things. The crash bar held up and prevented any more damage.

1991 Galant VR4 1948/2000_________1996 Galant "S" 5 speed 2.4L turbo

Quote Originally Posted by 4-G-rim View Post
    I would suggest to reinstall the crash bar. I did the conversion on my 96 and I didn't have to replace the crash bar...just used the one that was there from the 94-96 front bumper.

This happened a few months after I converted to the 7gb front end.

IF I didn't have the crash bar...it would of been ALOT worse. I would have probably had to replace the condensor, radiator, RH headlight, radiator support upper and center pieces, and misc things. The crash bar held up and prevented any more damage.
    hey where ya get that CF lip thing on the bumper looks hawt i want one ha

same thing happened to me, I have same crash bar and bumper on my 97. A stupid bitch in a old Ford Ranger backed up in to me at a fucking stoplight. Her bumper WAS HANGING OFF ON ONE SIDE. I looked at my front bumper and couldn't find anything wrong with it. The next day I noticed a little crack in the emblem and the crash bar was bent down a little.
    141,000 miles.

6 dents.

Yellowed, cloudy headlights.

spraypaint on the door panels.