The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: old style vr4 skirts please help!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 20 of 30

old style vr4 skirts please help!

ok, so i bought a pair of these side skirts from someone on here and they dont even come close to fitting, the ends of the side skirts where they wrap around the indside of the front behind the front wheels, it doesent even come close to fiting right. im not talking like having to cut away material but im talking about having to add more material! is this something that is required or did i get scammed?
    2001 es v6

nope, you didn't get scammed. We (as in usdm owners) had to do it to our jdm sides. the usdm fender is slightly different from a jdm fender. It looks like it's already modified so you may have add materials to fill in those "holes"

Not sure exactly which sides you mean, but if you mean the Super VR-4 sides like in my sig pic, they should fit length wise just fine. Only minor trimming was needed under the doors to make them fit.

jdm sides have a gap where the peice meets the fender

i think its the first type of sides like the one i got,it has a big gap between the fenders and skirt, thats why i havent install mine yet, im thinking getting a JDM fender or have my fender hammered to shape of the skirts. a lot of work.

You are here entirely tooo much!! RAZ_76's Avatar
    I sold him the side skirts I bought from REZ, they are old style VR4 sides. He thinks I scammed him because they are not a direct fit..

Welcome to the world of customizing dude. This is not Auto zone parts, want the look?? Have to do some modifications and next time, talk to me before you open a Pay pal dispute and try to mess up my reputation like that. I've been a pay pal member since 2004 and I never ripped anybody off or sold them crap. I'm pretty pissed at you right now for doing that shit, didn't even talk to me first just automatically opened up a dispute...WTF is that??

Quote Originally Posted by QnzMostWanted View Post
    jdm sides have a gap where the peice meets the fender
    My Super VR-4 sides didn't have that problem. My new '98+ VR-4 sides do have that problem though.

Here are pics of Roman's car when he was getting the '98+ VR-4 sides installed:

You are here entirely tooo much!! Stewi's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Danger DANJ View Post
    My Super VR-4 sides didn't have that problem. My new '98+ VR-4 sides do have that problem though.

Here are pics of Roman's car when he was getting the '98+ VR-4 sides installed:

David is your car at the shop right now? The reason I ask is I just tried installing my old style VR4 sides today and of course I have the same issues. Do you have any pics of the side skirt inside the door opening? I want to see how much you trimmed. As of right now, all I did was trim the tabs off the inside of the side skirt, I tried to slide it under the doors with them open and I cant get it in there. if you have pics, hook me up. I know the shop will do the final alterations and stuff, but I need to get the lines as good as I can before hand so I can mark everything and begin the prep work.
    Quote Originally Posted by qnz
    well there are talkers and there are do'ers. talkers never do. and do'ers never talk
    99' Galant ES
    4G64/63T
    AEM EMS

i got some pics for u brian hope they help, i took them a while ago for Censee

dont mind my toes

You are here entirely tooo much!! Stewi's Avatar
    Thanks Denver. I am not even gonna mess with mine, im just gonna let the shop do it, I just wanted to do it to minimize the amount of time that they need the car.
    Quote Originally Posted by qnz
    well there are talkers and there are do'ers. talkers never do. and do'ers never talk
    99' Galant ES
    4G64/63T
    AEM EMS

Got mine installed today, thanks QnzMostWanted, Ivory8g & IceDouTGaLanT for the help.

Last edited by RAZ_76; 05-31-2008 at 04:38 PM

np Raz

quote from raz:
    Welcome to the world of customizing dude. This is not Auto zone parts, want the look?? Have to do some modifications and next time, talk to me before you open a Pay pal dispute and try to mess up my reputation like that. I've been a pay pal member since 2004 and I never ripped anybody off or sold them crap. I'm pretty pissed at you right now for doing that shit, didn't even talk to me first just automatically opened up a dispute...WTF is that??

mind you this took place yesterday and since then we have resolved this but heres my side of the story:

well after asking many q's about these before i bought them, i thought i would only have to do some trimming, not filling. i wasnt really concerned about the fitment as much as i was about the crack that was glued up with hot glue gun glue. i have gotton ripped off from a few people before and i didnt file a claim, i opend a dispute through paypal to communicate with you about this. ive gotten scewed in the past and sometimes when youre expecting something diffrent from what you got, it can be frustrating. my beef with you was about the crack you didnt tell me about. i opened the dispute on paypal because noone can see it but us, but since you took it apon yourself to air our dirty laundry on the galant center than why dont i just defend myself whyle i have the opportunity.lol the pics in your post definatly didnt show a crack on the inside through the outside covered up with hot glue gun glue, thats what my beef with you was. one time i bought a jdm grill from someone and they sent me a usdm grill with the fins cut out. then they tried to tell me they didnt know the diffrence. i also bought an egr visor from someone and they sent me the knock off version wich wasnt a big deal because its not bad looking just difrent shape. and after i got these and saw the glue gun mess and crack, i went to test fit them and flipped when i saw a gap in the front corners.i assumed this was another shitty cituation similar to others ive had in the past and for that i apologize to you here infront of everoone lol. i was informed of no adding or filling of gaps which isnt your fault, but i was pissed. as i said before, rather than coming on here and posting this for everyone to see, i opend a ''dispute'' in the paypal ''resolution'' center, not a claim with paypal, to tell you waht my problem was and i did contact you 3 times before doing so. then after finding out that this gap filling thing was a standerd thing with the sides i calmed down a little and took into consideration that maybe you had no idea about the glue gun mess or the holes or the warping. then i remmemberd the time you helped me with my jdm head and jdm grill and then you were honest with me and told me you bought these skirts that way and that you didnt do this to them and try to cover it up you just forgot to mention it. remember that the paypal dispute thing is to ''resolve'' any issues between the seller and buyer, not to escelate it into a pissing contest on the galant center forum. i also want evryone to know that after me and raz resolved this little beef he wass very helpful in reassuring me that these would look hot after a little tlc. and since yesterday we have definatly put this past us. but i definatly just wanted to tell my side of the story. thanks for the info and the pics guys, ive already started f/glassing the gap and the cleaning up process and its actually not that much work if you even the least bit skilled with f/glassing. raz hooked me up with a good price and i will definatly buy from him again, sometimes you gotta just step back and take a deep breath untill you clear your head and try not to remember any past issues with others and let that keep you from resolving the issue and assuming that everyone is trying to scam you. noone from the galant center has done any wrong doing to me thus far and i shouldnt have jumoped to conclusions and assumed the worst right off. raz is a good dude and after calming me down and easing my temper he was a great help. so there! lol

damn raz you did a good job fitting those super vr4 skirts. i hope mine come out that good.
    Last edited by bellefontaine187; 05-30-2008 at 09:55 PM
    2001 es v6

Quote Originally Posted by Stewi View Post
    David is your car at the shop right now? The reason I ask is I just tried installing my old style VR4 sides today and of course I have the same issues. Do you have any pics of the side skirt inside the door opening? I want to see how much you trimmed. As of right now, all I did was trim the tabs off the inside of the side skirt, I tried to slide it under the doors with them open and I cant get it in there. if you have pics, hook me up. I know the shop will do the final alterations and stuff, but I need to get the lines as good as I can before hand so I can mark everything and begin the prep work.
    Mine are at my parent's house. It didn't take much time to trim them down at all. As long as you have a dremel, it will be easy. The only thing was that the plastic shavings would start to melt and bind up the cutting wheel, so I had to keep stopping and cleaning it, but it wasn't a big deal. The top tier of the lip of the side skirts that goes under the doors need to be cut off. In the end, you end up with a lip that sits flat on the top of the rocker panel and nothing that goes up the side of the door jamb if you know what I mean. Besides that, you may have to do a little trimming of the lip at each end. I still have to sand mine down where I trimmed them and then I need to try and come up with some money to get my parts painted. Then once they get painted, I need to find time to get to my parent's house and install everything. So... it's not looking like I'll have any of it done by the BBQ. That really sucks!

i used a blade to cut the sides, no plastic melting and took 5 min to do both

Quote Originally Posted by bellefontaine187 View Post
    damn raz you did a good job fitting those super vr4 skirts. i hope mine come out that good.
    RAZ has the '98+ VR-4 sides. The Super VR-4 sides ('96-'97) are the ones in my sig pic.

i used a blade to cut the sides, no plastic melting and took 5 min to do both
    Well, I used a blade attachment my Father's dremel has on the tabs on the back, but the stupid thing conked out on me.
    Last edited by Danger DANJ; 05-30-2008 at 10:06 PM

Well dude, unlike the past. You paid and bought exactly what I said you were buying. About the crack, well that sometimes happen when things get shipped folded from Japan. I didn't see an issue with that because anyone that buys something like this will take it to a body shop for installation, unless you know body work. The reason I didn't respond on your command after 3 PMs is because I have an outside life besides TGC and GF, you know. When I did get on, I PMed you 3 times and also responded twice on Pay pal. Next time when you buy JDM stuff or anything by that matter, you should do your homework first. The reason I got upset was because you pulled that crap with pay pal and I think you should have waited to talk to me first. I've been a Pay pal Member for 4 years and I have no disputes or claims ever and I like to keep it that way, I do major business with pay pal that involves thousands of dollars, not 200-300 dollars like I do here on TGC or GF. My reputation is important to me and for someone to do that just because they cant get a hold of me the same day is pretty shitty way to end my good name, don't you think?? I got ripped off for a lot more then that and I gave that person weeks to make it right. Like I told you before, the holes were there. I do quality work not shit. I measure 20 times and only cut once and drill once also. Anyway, glad everything is back to normal now and next time I will place items like these on eBay.

D how the heck did u use a blade lol must been very sharp, i used a dremil n like danj i had to stop and take out the melted plastic. trimming only took 15 per side since i was careful
    00 Galant ES Turbo/5-Speed
    13 GTR

exacto knife to be exact....just took a ruler, ran the blade down the side to make a mark, then dug it in to cut all the way

exacto knife to be exact....just took a ruler, ran the blade down the side to make a mark, then dug it in to cut all the way
    That is exactly how I did it too. Worked great, just had to do a small cut first all the way across and then dug deep all the way across.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast