The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: 7g galant

Showing results 1 to 18 of 18

7g galant

got bored while i went to krispy kreme..........and for the people that live in the ill state this was at rosemont.....yea i kno i am riding high right now but once i come back from the philippines for vacation....i will get it lowered and get a new paint job for sure........

i got bored again while i was at home and i decided to put X's on my foglights....i think they look pretty good especially at night......

Last edited by EATsleepJDM; 06-02-2008 at 11:30 PM

WANNA LOOK FRESH????
    GET SOME CLOTHES AT KARMALOOP.COM AND GET 20% ON FIRST PURCHASE WHEN USING REPCODE:KN21899

siniGANG represent!

nice pics eat...
    uhhhh...... Whats a 9g???

Experienced TGC Member Blue Ice's Avatar
    well if you're going to the Phillipeans, AND you screenname is EATsleepJDM i very well expect to see some serious JDM changes in the very near future.

Better yet, here are MY expectations;
    VR4 folding power mirrors
    VR4 or Diamond Edition Front bumper with grills
    VR4 rear spoiler
    VR4 side skirts
    VR4 strut brace

You are here entirely tooo much!! 4-G-rim's Avatar
    It is interesting what you did for your front lip...looks clean and simple.

I agree with Lawrence...when you go back to the Philippines, you better get some JDM goodies for your 7g. I made the mistake of passing up on some nice JDM items when I was in the Philippines in 2000, instead I blew my money on useless crap.

1991 Galant VR4 1948/2000_________1996 Galant "S" 5 speed 2.4L turbo

lol yea....blue ice and 4-g-rim....i expect that from me also.....but since i am only a sophomore in highschool and dont have an actually job except hustling in school....im not sure if i can get all the items that you "expect" from me.....i will do my best but not sure if i can bring an entire front bumper from the philippines back here...im sure its possible but not sure if i wanna take the chance of the price of bringing it here or getting it rejected for the size of the item even though i may cut it in half (trust me it can be rejected i have gone to the philippines well over 10 times so i know whats up with bringing things on the plane and i go to hong kong before i get to manila and hong kongs baggage people suck with extra or over sized packages)...well with the side skirts i might get because i might just cut it in half anf when i get back i will bondo it back together.......but i will for sure get a lot of minor things but things that are not so big....o and with the spoiler not sure what i can do with that but i will see if i can even get my hands on one there then we will see if i can bring one back....wish me luck on my vr4 parts quest.....

WANNA LOOK FRESH????
    GET SOME CLOTHES AT KARMALOOP.COM AND GET 20% ON FIRST PURCHASE WHEN USING REPCODE:KN21899

siniGANG represent!

You are here entirely tooo much!! 4-G-rim's Avatar
    I know what you mean. There were some items I bought for my old 95 Galant that were taken away when checked through customs.

Get a nice Balikbayan box, package the items nicely and send it to the U.S for the bigger items

1991 Galant VR4 1948/2000_________1996 Galant "S" 5 speed 2.4L turbo

lol yea i will try my best to get as much jdm items as i can....lol yea go with the balikbayan box and im ready to go....but yea i am not going to keep this car forever but only for like 3 more years until i save enough money to get a different car....dont get me wrong,i love this car but i wanna get a different car.....so yea i will try to get this car as much jdm and tightsos as i can....

WANNA LOOK FRESH????

siniGANG represent!

well then i say get some things you can pack, VR4 mirrors, grills(I'm sure you could hustle DOHCstuner for some money), fogs, strut brace, and the coveted VR4 taillights. All you need on the taillights is the trunk part. You should come back with minimum 2 items on this list.

oh, and have fun too :)

yea actually i might get some of the vr4 tailights and yea im going to get the grille for sure.......as for the rear view mirrors i dont see a need for it because it is the same as regular onesexcpet the mechanically fold.....i mean i have a pair of side mirrors and they fold but not mechanically.....

WANNA LOOK FRESH????

siniGANG represent!

Quote Originally Posted by EATsleepJDM View Post
    as for the rear view mirrors i dont see a need for it because it is the same as regular onesexcpet the mechanically fold.....i mean i have a pair of side mirrors and they fold but not mechanically.....
    You wouldn't say that if you saw them in action.

Your's look like the standard static mirror that won't even break away if you bumped them... That's what happened to mine. I wasn't paying attention backing out of the garage one day.

old mirror

this is the best pic i have of the new mirror folded in.

You are here entirely tooo much!! seth98esT's Avatar
    THey are shaped differently, I think they look much better.
    http://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f3...S/IMG_4833.jpg
    7g for life!

Waaaayyyy Better. And damn cool.

from the pics that your show i think i haev jdm side view mirror already because my brother changed them a long time ago since the OEM ones got damaged pic of my side view mirrors.....

while folded

what other parts do you guys suggest for me to get??nothing too big or expensive(maximum of $200 per part)........o yea what kind of exhaust do you guys use???also do you guys know anyone that went to maaco and got a paint job and they were satisfied with the end result or any bad experiences??

WANNA LOOK FRESH????

siniGANG represent!

Are they power folding? JDM mirrors are power folding.
    Theres a USDM version, but folds manually.

o ok yea they are manually folding.......but yea.....what other parts do you guys suggest for me to get??nothing too big or expensive(maximum of $200 per part)........o yea what kind of exhaust do you guys use???also do you guys know anyone that went to maaco and got a paint job and they were satisfied with the end result or any bad experiences??

WANNA LOOK FRESH????

siniGANG represent!

You are here entirely tooo much!! peanotation's Avatar
    my $900 paintjob was from maaco, and it sure feels like $900. it still looks amazing from long to medium distance, but close-up you can see imperfections and the paint is anything but smooth. air bubble spots everywhere.....again, this is only under close inspection. if i had to do it all over again i would, worth every penny, and the longevity of the paint is great (5yr warranty too). if you throw a couple more hundred at a shop to wetsand and reclear coat it it would seriously open up the color. it's been about 3 years now since it was painted (wow...can't believe it) but i hear that every maaco is different. the one in Ventura that i went to was pretty well known to be reliable and a good quality shop.....the one here in LA is supposed to be a trash shop though.. they're all different...
    http://socallifestyle.com/

1994 Galant GS 5spd

o alright thanks for the review i still might get a paint job at maaco since i might only keep this car for at the most 5 years......i really like this car but too many things that need to be fixed and i i rather get a new or different car to replace this.....

WANNA LOOK FRESH????

siniGANG represent!