The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Audio System

Showing results 1 to 20 of 20

Audio System

K so iv been reading about this.. and this ecomm error msg seems like it would really piss me off.
    i just got a new alpine system and was planning to put it in asap. But is there any actual way to
    bypass this error.. some are saying about getting a reverse harness and keeping the factory deck installed
    behind the after market on.. it there anything else that can be done??

krazie i know you can figure something out buddy.. your a galant guru man!! :)

04 galant ES

Thanks in advance

yea the Ecomm is a problem. I just put black electric tape over it leaving the clock to get a clean look. You have to take the top console off by carefully pulling it up and then towards you. I'll post pics later on when I have time
    2004 Mitsubishi Galant ES

ya man if you can do that.. then that would be awesome..
    ya i get it installed tomorrow but that shit is gonna make me snap haha

Experienced TGC Member ZigenScarface's Avatar
    you can try makin a step harness.. not a bad idea.. they make them for the 97-99 civics with keyless entry that go thru the stock radio.. if you have problems fitting it behind the dash u can extend the harness and put it under a seat or even in the trunk

ya i dont think im gonna keep the old radio installed somewhere in the car.. i thought about that but hopefully TKEhandgrenade76 can get some pics up of how to do what he ended up doing. thanks tho

which console display do you have? The analog or the digital(climate control display/compass/ etc)?... depending what you have if the analog, i would just remove the whole thing and add a custom gps behind it to replace it since most of your funtions will be already on the alpine unit such as time/date etc...
    Last edited by krazienluv10; 06-05-2008 at 03:16 AM
    uhhhh...... Whats a 9g???

ya i got just the basic one... its in the es.. it only has the time and like track number and shit like that.. the ecomm error is not as bad as i thought.. the clock still works.. but like u said all the time, date and shit is on the deck itself.. i might just try whats someone else said on her that he took of the front console and just put electrical tape on that half of the screen to just make it look clean..

krazie move down to calgary and pimp my ride!! HAHAHAHAH

Well here are the pictures. I just detailed the exterior and interior. Basically I took off the top center console. Pull the tabs that covers the clock and put electric tape over the ecomm . There is a line goes the screen that will help you guide the tape straight.

Side note: Remember do this at your own risk and I am not responsible for your mistakes. =)
    Attached Images Attached Images

Here are some more pictures =)
    Attached Images Attached Images

nice that looks slick.. ill try this

what install kit did you use for your pioneer? and what model pioneer is that?
    does anyone know who carries altezza or euro tail lights for the 9G?

Quote Originally Posted by craver View Post
    what install kit did you use for your pioneer? and what model pioneer is that?
    does anyone know who carries altezza or euro tail lights for the 9G?
    IMO i would stay away from Altezzas and Euros cause i think they are ugly, but thats just me. If you want them, have you ran a google search for them?

Hey guys, I'm having this same problem (ECom), could anyone send me those pics or point me to where I can see them, for some reason they show "you do not have permission to access this page" and I'm not able to view them THANKS @TKEhandgrenade76 @racesnos @craver
    "Super clean but it's super mean" Wiz

When did you guys get the Ecom error after putting in an aftermarket deck?

Hi im having the same problem but i cant see the pictures above...can somebody help me ?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jeam25 View Post
    Hi im having the same problem but i cant see the pictures above...can somebody help me ?

Thanks
    This thread is pretty old, that's probably why you can't see them.
    2002 Mitsubishi Galant ES (SCRAPPED)
    1991 Jeep Comanche (SOLD)
    2002 Honda Accord EX (DAILY)
    1998 Eclipse GST (PROJECT)

Hi and thanks .! I found the way to make the modification ! :-)

Quote Originally Posted by jeam25 View Post
    Hi and thanks .! I found the way to make the modification ! :-)
    Glad you got it worked out!
    2002 Mitsubishi Galant ES (SCRAPPED)
    1991 Jeep Comanche (SOLD)
    2002 Honda Accord EX (DAILY)
    1998 Eclipse GST (PROJECT)

I have the ralliart trim so it may be a little different but I just wired the deck straight in and now have 2 7inch screens. Never received and type of error code