The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Upgrading my 2002 Galant ES

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Showing results 21 to 40 of 60
    Nice! Looking good. Glad I could help you out!

you got one of the hottest 8g. keep it up!
    http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fu...ideoid=2799274

A filipino's number one dream is to own a car before anything else. In the philippines, most private car owners consider their vehicles as an extension of their home but with one differrence: a home is where his wife cooks while a car is where his girlfriend builds a fire. Hmmm...

You are here entirely tooo much!! RAZ_76's Avatar
    Good progress, keep it up.

Experienced TGC Member
    Airborne where did you find the long tube obx headers, i can only find the short ones

thanks guys.. yeah she's coming along nicely! I love looking back at the old pictures and seeing how shes changed.

WhiteGalant - i found them on ebay. the guy i bought them from had the headers by themselves and then this one with the downpipe too, was only like $20 more.
    2002 Mitsubishi Galant ES 2.4L 4G64 */* !!NEW!! 03 Honda CBR F4i
    * a little done -*- more to come *
    My Dual Halo H3 Projector Project

You better look out Sarge, Those MP's on base are gonna be looking for your butt once you put those headers on and start making noise Car looks good....I think you're ready for your first Galants Anonymous meeting... "Hi, My name is Sarge and I can't stop modding my Galant."

Keep up the good work!
    Chip

2000 Basalt Black Metallic GTZ
    (Paint Code: Porsche LC9Z)

Genuine experience carries a lot more credibility than the ability to answer a question.

haha fortunatly I made friends with many of the MPs around here while I was deployed so maybe I'll get lucky. And yeah, I have been saying for a couple weeks now that I have an addiction to buying shit for my car... thank god for G.A.

So my next question for everyone, especially now that I have the EGR visor, should I go with the vent shield things that go around the windows?!?

Ok, 3G Strut bar came in the mail today, curtoesy of Chicago_One! Took a little bit of fucking around with it before I realized that I was trying to mount it with the actual stabalizer bar upside down! haha anyways, everything bolted up great and its good to go now. Thanks Chicago_One.

Heres a couple pics of it install. I know, a lil dirty in the engine and the battery area looks like ass.

Also shortly after finishing up putting the strut bar on, UPS showed up to drop off my GR2s so I can finally go down and get my car lowered! Hell yeah!

My personal opinion, I'd skip the ventshades with the rear visor.
    Chip

2000 Basalt Black Metallic GTZ
    (Paint Code: Porsche LC9Z)

Genuine experience carries a lot more credibility than the ability to answer a question.

Strut bar looks nice man, I'm glad it found itself a good home.

looking good i would have deff went with kyb agx they last longer....
    If you don't got the pocket, then don't try and rock it

yeah I'm actually wishing i would of went with coilovers, but whatever, this will do for now

Down with wheel gap

Just picked my baby back up with the new springs and struts. I'm actually really glad I went with the springs I did. Im not a fan of dropping my car a crazy amount, and I think these did a just about perfect job for what I was looking for. So far, no problems with any shaking of the floor board like I've read some people had. And as soon as my camber kit comes in in a couple days, then she'll be down getting aligned and fixed. But yeah she looks great and I'm stoked for the last of my stuff to get here.... almost done with major stuff for a while.

So no more ridiculous wheel gap, although I am wishing I went 18's instead of 17s now. Oh well.

So a couple new progress updates....

Today, finally after almost 2 1/2 months of being on back order and an improper ship to my old address in NC, my Megan Catback finally arrive at my house today!!!! :) Now I can finally get that and my headers put on my car after all this time, and once I do that and get a datalog of my car, I'll have LogicGate redo my ECU again, but this time based on all the additions to my car.

Also just sent out payment for the Dolphin bumper and Liberal grill to Cali and once he gets those made I'll pick em up. Then just need to get a new hood and some side skirts for now and then the next major thing will be joining to limited ranks of the blue galants. ;)

What shade of blue?
    OZ Rally Crew #001, Quaife Club member :D

Experienced TGC Member jimmy_o2's Avatar
    midnite blue or royal blue or dodger blue
    03 I4

Congrats airborne!!
    you'll like the Megan exhaust ;)
    (hopefully the bolts on your cat aren't rusted; if they, throw some PB Blaster on them or just drill two holes where the new bolts go in)

would be awesome to see it in midnight blue :D
    good luck with the installs

02 Mit. Galant 5 Spd -> 2010 Mit. Lancer Sportback 5 Spd -> (current) 2014 Mit Evo GSR 5 Spd
    run1206's Rear Disc Tutorial
    run1206's CF Hood Resurface Tutorial

I'm wanting to go a royal blue. No metallac flake in it whatsoever. Just a perfectly blue blue, no shine other than from the clear coat. Pretty much like the blue in run1206's sig.

I'm going to keep the black accent stuff I have now and I'm debating doing the hood, roof and trunk in black as well. Not totally sure. I want to add some more black with the blue, but I'm going to have to think about this for a while.

Also considering shaving my door handles.

you will be missed by the ivory class, but blue does look good

now get rid of those drums in the back and put some discs in
    Quote Originally Posted by jubeiaire View Post
    i know a guy that saw a guy that knew a guy that once passed by a car that had been painted. Ill ask him tomorrow after consulting my magic ball to determine WHERE YOU LIVE in proximity to a paint shop NEAR WHERE YOU LIVE..................

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast