The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Has anyone else did the SSBC upgrade to the front

Showing results 1 to 11 of 11

Has anyone else did the SSBC upgrade to the front

I just want to know who out there has it and what are there feeling about them.
    Lamar Gilmore

anyone bought any brakes from the stainless steel brake company
    Lamar Gilmore

At $895 for fronts only, I don't expect anyone is going to be trying them anytime soon. Plus there's more and more EVO's hitting the junkyards daily, which means Brembo direct fits are becoming popular.
    Chip

2000 Basalt Black Metallic GTZ
    (Paint Code: Porsche LC9Z)

Genuine experience carries a lot more credibility than the ability to answer a question.

the evo stuff is direct bolt on with no mods? what is needed to do brembos all the way around?
    Mods:
    2 tone leather interior, touch screen navigation, 7inch headrest tv's, 17" Driftz Black and Polished rims, 215 50 17 Goodyear Eagle Nct5 tires Tein s lowering springs, kyb gr-2 struts, rearview mirror camera, diamond black paint custom front and lower grill, Chrome door pillars., and chrome door handles. Powder coated my wipper arms wet black, exhaust heat sheild and my valve cover. 2nd gen led taillights

Quote Originally Posted by guynlidia2006 View Post
    the evo stuff is direct bolt on with no mods? what is needed to do brembos all the way around?
    As far as I know they're direct fits. I think the only limitation is you need 17" wheels to clear the calipers. Someone had a set for sale here recently.
    Chip

2000 Basalt Black Metallic GTZ
    (Paint Code: Porsche LC9Z)

Genuine experience carries a lot more credibility than the ability to answer a question.

..and if your car isn't a V6, you will need to do the rear disc swap to accomodate the evo brakes

the rear disk swap has the screw in fitting lines while the evo has the banjo type fitting so the drum has to be converted to disk and then evo brake lines has to be used for the back, im not sure about the front

me and stewi had this conversation over the phone so maybe he can confirm this
    '00 Mitsubishi Galant ES 4g64T (Samantha)
    '01 Mitsubishi Galant ES 4g64 (Daily)
    '02 Mitsubishi Galant ES 4g64 (SCRAPPED)
    '00 Mitsubishi Galant ES 4g64 (SCRAPPED)
    '91 Volvo 740 Turbo B230FT (SOLD)
    '88 Mitsubishi Mighty Max (SOLD)
    '91 Kawasaki ZX7 (SOLD)
    '95 Kawasaki ZX9R

yea before I knew you could do the evo swap I bought them but I still want to do the rear swap and yea no less than 17"
    Lamar Gilmore

Be aware though that you need at least a 17" rim, but not many 17" rims are going to fit because it all depends on the offset and the spoke design.

yea mine fit good
    Lamar Gilmore

You are here entirely tooo much!! Stewi's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by spdracr View Post
    the rear disk swap has the screw in fitting lines while the evo has the banjo type fitting so the drum has to be converted to disk and then evo brake lines has to be used for the back, im not sure about the front

me and stewi had this conversation over the phone so maybe he can confirm this
    well this is correct, the 8g rear disc brake, brake line has a male threaded end that goes into the caliper and the EVO uses a banjo fitting. HOWEVER.... after speaking with NAPALM from Club3g and looking at pics of his Brembo swap, the threads are the same in both calipers. Napalm actually just put a copper crush washer on the end of his non-evo rear brake line and screwed it into the EVO caliper and it worked fine. So in terms of the rear lines, there is more than one way to skin a cat... especially since the front lines are the same as our stock ones.
    Quote Originally Posted by qnz
    well there are talkers and there are do'ers. talkers never do. and do'ers never talk
    99' Galant ES
    4G64/63T
    AEM EMS