The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: How do I get rid of swirl marks

Showing results 1 to 12 of 12

How do I get rid of swirl marks

Does anyone know of a good product to take swirl marks out of the paint?

If its not too deep into the paint, rubbing compound, polish and a wax to buff it out.
    sig too big

You are here entirely tooo much!! RAZ_76's Avatar
    A good clay bar action and good buff will take those suckers out. The way to keep those from coming back, don't use brushes on you car when washing, just soap and pressure washer. Dry with Camile cloth . I've never had any swirl marks on any of my vehicles, I wash it regulary though and never use that foam brush.
    Last edited by RAZ_76; 06-08-2008 at 10:23 PM

You are here entirely tooo much!! Serstylz2's Avatar
    microfiber is a good material to wash and dry with too once you get them out

wait a second.. i used mcguiers clay bar.. and you can see swirl markes on the car.. my friend did it with instructions both from the box and from youtube..

he got tired of it and got this car detailed for like 130 bucks.. paint looks brand new
    04 Maxima SL in Bronze with Black leather

You are here entirely tooo much!! RAZ_76's Avatar
    Claybar removes dirt and small particles that you cant see from your clear coat. The buffing brings the paint back to life but there are steps to use and must have a high speed buffer but be carefull because if you dont know how to use it, it will burn your clear coat. Detailing is a skill just like painting, working on engines etc.

I usually wash the car with a microfiber mitt or a scratch free sponge, then rinse and dry with a microfiber towel. I never ever ever use the brush at the car wash,,,,,I don't even use the soap at the car wash,,,if I'm there it's just to rinse the car off because I don't feel like mitt washing it. I recently (a month ago) used meguiars clay bar kit, it took a lot of crap off the paint, then I waxed with ICE liquid polish and a buffer. Start to finish washing,drying,claying,waxing took me like 3 hours, STILL SWIRL MARKS!!! I am not the original owner because if I was those swirl marks wouldn't be there. The idiot that had the car before me probably used the dirty ass brush at the car wash 5 times a week on it.

Quote Originally Posted by RAZ_76 View Post
    Claybar removes dirt and small particles that you cant see from your clear coat. The buffing brings the paint back to life but there are steps to use and must have a high speed buffer but be carefull because if you dont know how to use it, it will burn your clear coat. Detailing is a skill just like painting, working on engines etc.
    I watched a guy with a high speed buffer working at the detail shop on the car that was in line before mine.... He came around the hood and over the fender and lost control and stripped the paint right down to bare metal in like 6 seconds. Needless to say I left. The detail shop is now a storm window dealer! Moral: if you don't know what you're doing, don't try this at home!!
    Chip

2000 Basalt Black Metallic GTZ
    (Paint Code: Porsche LC9Z)

Genuine experience carries a lot more credibility than the ability to answer a question.

Oh shit!

Quote Originally Posted by fishboy55 View Post
    i Watched A Guy With A High Speed Buffer Working At The Detail Shop On The Car That Was In Line Before Mine.... He Came Around The Hood And Over The Fender And Lost Control And Stripped The Paint Right Down To Bare Metal In Like 6 Seconds. Needless To Say I Left. The Detail Shop Is Now A Storm Window Dealer! Moral: If You Don't Know What You're Doing, Don't Try This At Home!!
    Free Paint Job! :)
    2002 Mitsubishi Galant ES 2.4L 4G64 */* !!NEW!! 03 Honda CBR F4i
    * a little done -*- more to come *
    My Dual Halo H3 Projector Project

stkiflngaz
    polish buff wax

lol again.. kinda old
    04 Maxima SL in Bronze with Black leather