The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: My headlight project!

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
Showing results 21 to 40 of 162
    good luck on your project. It looks like fun. :)

GREEN is the new BLACK

Quote Originally Posted by Fishboy55 View Post
    Sarge, you may be able to save yourself a lot of work and duplication of effort. I believe that somewhere in our archives is a tutorial for how to install projectors in our headlights. I'm not trying to discourage you. I'm only trying to save you from reinventing the wheel so to speak. Also, a member, Ericblah has made several sets of projector heads with Halo's and maybe able to steer you in the right direction if you hit a SNAFU.
    Yeah I heard someone mention about that before, but I tried doing a search and didnt find anything. Plus do you know if that was for a dual setup projector-low reflector-high with dual halos? But yeah I actually have been exchanging messages back and forth with eric and the direction Im going is based off his suggestions. He's been a great help so far in answering alot of my basic questions. I think the best thing about this route I'm going is that everything (with the exception of the halos) is all wired and ready to go, plug and play. so Im at least saving a headache in that department! :)
    2002 Mitsubishi Galant ES 2.4L 4G64 */* !!NEW!! 03 Honda CBR F4i
    * a little done -*- more to come *
    My Dual Halo H3 Projector Project

Quote Originally Posted by airborneparainf82 View Post
    Yeah I heard someone mention about that before, but I tried doing a search and didnt find anything. Plus do you know if that was for a dual setup projector-low reflector-high with dual halos? But yeah I actually have been exchanging messages back and forth with eric and the direction Im going is based off his suggestions. He's been a great help so far in answering alot of my basic questions. I think the best thing about this route I'm going is that everything (with the exception of the halos) is all wired and ready to go, plug and play. so Im at least saving a headache in that department! :)
    Then rock on Sarge, and keep us posted on your project.
    Chip

2000 Basalt Black Metallic GTZ
    (Paint Code: Porsche LC9Z)

Genuine experience carries a lot more credibility than the ability to answer a question.

Quote Originally Posted by skyhigh90210 View Post
    thats the tutorial I used, basically you cant go wrong if you follow that

2001 5 speed 4g64T

Alright yesterday I pretty much didn't accomplish anything because I had a horrible headache for some reason and then I lost motivation for the day. Anyways I got back on track today and got the housings cut down initially. Now that I have the pieces out that I need I can get the cuts exactly where I need them and then get it put together, but heres the latest work and pictures. Again not much physically, but making alot of progress in my head how I want to do it. :)

Galant head housing

Civic head housing cut with project and reflector attached

My first test fit to see where I'm at on the lineup. Pretty close already.
    Last edited by airborneparainf82; 06-13-2008 at 05:13 PM

Nice, hope it comes out like you wanted...

Car is sold, no more G.... Moved on to something a big more sporty.... lol

look like your onto a good start
    Brandon - 2001 Galant GST 5speed
    Wiseco // Eagle // PTE // Holset // Turbonetics // Supertech // Blox // Prosport // Vibrant // Innovate // OpenEcu // Mishimoto // Magnaflow // Walbro // XXR // Rotora // Brembo // Hawk // R1 Concepts // Dc Sports

Looking good! Maybe this is the way I will do it if it works out for you.
    Currently on my 3rd 8G... Not giving up this time!

Ok I don't know what to call these parts but the picture is pretty self-explanitory. This is again the first test fit of the next piece. A little later tonight, Im going to sand down the edges and do the final minor cuts on both the housings and these new pieces and then maybe begin the fusion of technologies! :)

Last edited by airborneparainf82; 06-13-2008 at 05:13 PM

You are here entirely tooo much!! RAZ_76's Avatar
    Looking good. At least you try stuff on your own. I give you props dude, that is how I and many others learn. I learn body work by doing it, never had a class for it. Only reason I took a class was to get y license. You know what glue to use to secure teh parts together, if you not sure let me know.

non of the pics work.. :-(
    Mods:
    2 tone leather interior, touch screen navigation, 7inch headrest tv's, 17" Driftz Black and Polished rims, 215 50 17 Goodyear Eagle Nct5 tires Tein s lowering springs, kyb gr-2 struts, rearview mirror camera, diamond black paint custom front and lower grill, Chrome door pillars., and chrome door handles. Powder coated my wipper arms wet black, exhaust heat sheild and my valve cover. 2nd gen led taillights

anyone else having this problem?

TGC Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by airborneparainf82 View Post
    anyone else having this problem?
    Pics work for me.

Looks like everything is on track. Nice.

Need some paint or bodywork done in Chicagoland or NW Indiana???.. http://www.alsautobodyexperts.com/

i can see the pics fine, looks good so far and if i had the time i would attempt this but eric is definitely the man when it comes to this, he did an awesome job on my headlights and hopefully he will do my jdm ones when i start getting the jdm conversion

good luck on this project
    '00 Mitsubishi Galant ES 4g64T (Samantha)
    '01 Mitsubishi Galant ES 4g64 (Daily)
    '02 Mitsubishi Galant ES 4g64 (SCRAPPED)
    '00 Mitsubishi Galant ES 4g64 (SCRAPPED)
    '91 Volvo 740 Turbo B230FT (SOLD)
    '88 Mitsubishi Mighty Max (SOLD)
    '91 Kawasaki ZX7 (SOLD)
    '95 Kawasaki ZX9R

Look good, can't wait to see the finished product.

TGC Regular
    I dont know if the headlights are made of ABS, but if they are you can use acetone and abs plastic chips to make a paste that will fuse the plastic together. Its alot easier than using fiberglass.

seems like you made it more work than you could have
    see i would have mounted the projector to the original reflector, that way i could retain the factory adjustability, and just made some type of shroud to go over that. but good luck, looks like your making some good progress
    RIP GALANT, GOOD MORNING BMW 330i

330i ZSP (E90) - S4 (B5) / hellaflush

You are here entirely tooo much!! fatal1's Avatar
    actually not that it would be best for this but i just tried some stuff on a current project of mine called "amazing GOOP" and i have to say it works extremely well with plastic, closest stuff ive found other then the 2 part epoxy that shops use (forgot the naame) it doesnt dry hard though more like a silicone but for simple holding things in place and creating a good adhesion inside the housing before you start glassing i reccomend it use some spring clams to secure it though as you would with anything else

coming along good though awaiting to see the progress

Quote Originally Posted by lonestar22 View Post
    seems like you made it more work than you could have
    see i would have mounted the projector to the original reflector, that way i could retain the factory adjustability, and just made some type of shroud to go over that. but good luck, looks like your making some good progress
    yeah the only issue with that is id be running a single projector and thats it. I wanted to go with the projector low and the reflector high, and dual halos so the only option i saw in my head was to do it this way. oh well, its been an experience. the 2nd headlight will come along much quicker and better since Im working out the kinks on this one. all i have to say is god bless whoever invented the dremel! :)

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast