The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: My headlight project!

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
Showing results 81 to 100 of 162
    Experienced TGC Member ZigenScarface's Avatar
    damn man looks nice

I cant wait to see these when the are finished! So far, Lookin damn good!
    Currently on my 3rd 8G... Not giving up this time!

ok i just got a crazy idea... do u have the chome backing that came out of your stock headlights? If so can I have them :-) I have an idea and thouse would be very helpful.. I have an idea that i think could help everyone out.. i just dont want to destroy my headlihts trying to figure it out... thanks...
    Mods:
    2 tone leather interior, touch screen navigation, 7inch headrest tv's, 17" Driftz Black and Polished rims, 215 50 17 Goodyear Eagle Nct5 tires Tein s lowering springs, kyb gr-2 struts, rearview mirror camera, diamond black paint custom front and lower grill, Chrome door pillars., and chrome door handles. Powder coated my wipper arms wet black, exhaust heat sheild and my valve cover. 2nd gen led taillights

You are here entirely tooo much!! RAZ_76's Avatar
    ^^^ Now you say something...I just head a set of heads, both smashed but that chrome was still good. I trashed them last week, damn.

damn it... i have a really good idea too... i wanna try it before i say... so does anyone have trashed headlights with the chrome backing in them in shape... gonna make a prototype...
    Mods:
    2 tone leather interior, touch screen navigation, 7inch headrest tv's, 17" Driftz Black and Polished rims, 215 50 17 Goodyear Eagle Nct5 tires Tein s lowering springs, kyb gr-2 struts, rearview mirror camera, diamond black paint custom front and lower grill, Chrome door pillars., and chrome door handles. Powder coated my wipper arms wet black, exhaust heat sheild and my valve cover. 2nd gen led taillights

Quote Originally Posted by 732Galant View Post
    I hope it works out well for you. They look pretty decent as it is and hopefully you find the motivation to finish. good luck.
    Oh don't worry they will get finished. :) Ive invested enough $ in these to not finish... just a matter of how long lol
    2002 Mitsubishi Galant ES 2.4L 4G64 */* !!NEW!! 03 Honda CBR F4i
    * a little done -*- more to come *
    My Dual Halo H3 Projector Project

Quote Originally Posted by guynlidia2006 View Post
    damn it... i have a really good idea too... i wanna try it before i say... so does anyone have trashed headlights with the chrome backing in them in shape... gonna make a prototype...
    check local junkyards. if you want i can check one here in town. the one i went to had 2 galants and one had a really messed up headlight from an accident, but it was just the housing that got screwed up. I can call and see if they still have it and get a price for ya if you'd like.

no i mean the chrome pieces you took out of the headlights you are working on right now... did u remove the chrome reflector part where your one headlight used to be... i just want thouse two chrome pieces...
    Mods:

I Found The Motivation!!!

Alright, well today my 6000k HID conversion kit (from Qs a TGC vendor) came in the mail, and I now have found my motivation to start on the 2nd headlight. So I have never messed around with anything like a HID kit and even though the diagram for an H3 installation looked pretty easy compared to other bulbs, the way everything came in the package I didn't quite understand what I was to do. It wasn't until I took it all out, followed the wires and looked to see what made sense as far as what went where, that I actually was able to finally make sense of the installation instructions and diagram. I did end up having to completely unbolt the projector from the housing to get access to the 2nd wire, which actually had a different connector on it than the HID kit. So then I had to go down to the auto store and get a new connector and hook it up.

I just got everything hooked up and remounted the projector and decided to go back to my car and remount the new housing, check to make sure the HID worked and then to re-align the projector. Suprisingly everything worked perfectly the 1st try. Im quite proud of that! :) I then re-aligned it, put the bezel over the front and decided to take some pictures. Note, the halos are not hooked up because I'm still waiting for a replacement set from Ericblah, but those should be here in the next day or 2. Anyways, its looking awesome and I have decided that I must get this other headlight done ASAP because I want them on my damn car finally! Hope yall enjoy the pics.

6000k HID H3 Conversion kit from Qs (TGC vendor) Great product at a good price!

All the wiring hooked up and ready to go

A couple pics of everything hooked up and ready to go. God how much better the switchbacks look next to the HID and my God does the old headlight look awful!

You are here entirely tooo much!! Jeffylou87's Avatar
    Sweet!!

You are here entirely tooo much!! RAZ_76's Avatar
    Good progress dude. Keep it up.

That looks fucking sick!!! Would you ever consider making these for people? You might get pretty good bussiness.

No, but for real! Those are hot!!! Keep up the good work!
    Currently on my 3rd 8G... Not giving up this time!

Experienced TGC Member jimmy_o2's Avatar
    awsome u should be proud
    03 I4

i'm jelious... lol... but seriously.. looks nice... mad props... have u had a chance to send out thouse bezels so i can invent the eco projector... for that baller on a budget...
    Mods:

wall shots?
    RIP GALANT, GOOD MORNING BMW 330i

330i ZSP (E90) - S4 (B5) / hellaflush

thats awesome. I want to see some cutoff shots!

lol

sweet progress dude now do a photoshoot
    Jigz-TGCIL Sosick Motorsports

R.I.P. Christopher "CRAZY CHRIS" Beckmann
    "you dont appreciate friendship until you lose your bestfriend...."
    I'd rather have the knowledge and ability to do it than the money to buy it already done.

Are You Done Yet!!! I Am Dieing In Antisapation!!! (damn I Cant Spell)
    Mods:

Got to work on this project again. My goal is by next weekend to have everything done and to have these bad boys on my car. I got the new halo put on the headlight that I was working on, drilled holes for the halo wires, ran them and re-soldered them. My soldering job isn't anything professional, but they held well and when I re-tested the lights on the battery everything was working great. Later tonight when it gets dark I may go mount up the head and get a picture with the halos going. We'll see.

After all of that fun stuff, I decided to go ahead and finish this one up and put the clear cover back on. I applied some clear silicone sealer and go the cover back in place. Everything is now complete with the 1st headlight. The only thing that is really left to do is to hook the halos up to the parking lights once everyone is complete and ready to go. I just need to buy and extension cord so I can use my solder gun out there. Im also waiting on installing my load equalizers for my switchback turn signals until then as well. Figure I'll just knock them all out at once. Well as always, heres a couple pics of what I'm talking about.

All the wiring complete

Finished product

congrats on the project. Im sure you spent more time planning this in your head than actually doing it. good job man.

GREEN is the new BLACK

yeah the 1st head took me a while because of just that, but I'm getting started on the 2nd one tonight and it should take much less time to do. plus im just not rushing it, just doing it here and there. its a spare set of heads im using, so no need to get it done in a couple days.

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast