The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: My headlight project!

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast
Showing results 121 to 140 of 162
    Quote Originally Posted by ericbla03 View Post
    Cause if you have your parking lights on all the time (like i do) then you will burn your LEDs out faster.
    the only time i have mine on are at dusk (just parking lights) and then at night when the heads are on. Is this amount of use going to cause them to burn out quick or will they last a reasonable about of time?
    2002 Mitsubishi Galant ES 2.4L 4G64 */* !!NEW!! 03 Honda CBR F4i
    * a little done -*- more to come *
    My Dual Halo H3 Projector Project

OK I couldn't wait and had to get them put on my car, so heres a couple pics of them on. Once I get the halos ready to go, Ill take some nighttime pics.

looks good. hows the light output?

Webhosting for less than $3 a month? put "pinoyesv6" as a promo code.

its actually not as bright as I thought it would be, but definatly better than stock.

the drivers side one does look a little crooked, its probably just the angle of the picture tho.

Quote Originally Posted by dknight3 View Post
    the drivers side one does look a little crooked, its probably just the angle of the picture tho.
    no it is a little bit... the angle of the picture, plus part of the halo getting cutoff by the angle makes it look worse than it is. in person its not all that noticable, but that was the 1st headlight I had done. the 2nd one came out much better, but the 1st ones still well within acceptable range for me to not worry about taking it apart and doing it over.

looking pretty good! beam pattern pics?

Experienced TGC Member jimmy_o2's Avatar
    nice
    03 I4

99% complete

Today I decided to finally wire up the halos, which I decided to go with the parking light wiring. Also I had to wired in my Load Equalizers for the switchback turn signals, so I also made that part of my mission. Well, it ended up taking me almost an hour to get one headlight done, and since I was on a time schedule, thats all I got done today! haha

so basically my drivers side halos are working and my drivers side turn signal blinks at a normal rate now. Uggg, well now I know what I'll be doing tomorrow and this project will finally be 100% done and complete, and as crazy as it is for me to believe, a success!!

I do have a question though about aligning the cutoff. Is there a good gauge for a certin heigh at a certin distance that I could go off of?

Heres just a couple pics I snapped tonight, but as soon as I get a chance to drive to some wall somewhere (because my house has bush all along the front and no garage, then Ill get the cutoff pics.

Nice, you wanna make me a set?
    OZ Rally Crew #001, Quaife Club member :D

Quote Originally Posted by airborneparainf82 View Post
    all i have to say is god bless whoever invented the dremel! :)
    x2 8p

go get some reflector tape and put it behind the halos,makes them lok like they are on in the daylight

I have to admit they look pretty good especially for the first time doing something like that

on a side note: WOHOO 1kth post!
    The "Tumbler" Is Here
    Stock Longblock/Stock PCM | Custom Garrett 50-1 | 17 Psi | Weighing 2xxxLbs
    3xxWHP/3xxWTQ [Current]

Quote Originally Posted by airborneparainf82 View Post

I do have a question though about aligning the cutoff. Is there a good gauge for a certin heigh at a certin distance that I could go off of?

http://www.regalgs.org/aiming.htm

the link above will show the measurements but to summarize, park the car 25ft from a wall on level ground perfectly straight at a right angle (perpindicular) to the wall. measure the level (height) of your low projectors. mark this line on the wall. measure the distance of your lights from the centerline of the car and mark both the centerline and the headlight locations on the wall. aim the low beams 2" lower than these crosses. measure the hieght/width of the high beams and their correspnding position on your wall (same height and width from centerline) and aim them directly at that second set of crosses.

close hood all done.

btw, if your low beams don't stay on when you activate your hi beams (all four should be on when you hit your hi's), look for my JDM headlight tutorial or goosey's relay tutorial to convert the H4 harness to dual low/quad hi functionality. this can be done with a set of relays (or diodes if using a dual HID harness w/ seperate relays and power direct from the battery).
    Last edited by Reelax; 06-30-2008 at 01:37 AM

good job bro they came out sick..

Quote Originally Posted by Reelax View Post

btw, if your low beams don't stay on when you activate your hi beams (all four should be on when you hit your hi's), look for my JDM headlight tutorial or goosey's relay tutorial to convert the H4 harness to dual low/quad hi functionality. this can be done with a set of relays (or diodes if using a dual HID harness w/ seperate relays and power direct from the battery).
    sorry guys, quick hijack. Can anyone tell me where this tutorial is as i can't seem to find it. Thanks!

You are here entirely tooo much!! SkylineG1's Avatar
    I give you guys props for doing this mod. Takes balls

Quote Originally Posted by Ivory8g View Post
    I have to admit they look pretty good especially for the first time doing something like that

on a side note: WOHOO 1kth post!
    thanks man. yeah I figured I wanted some, so why not try it myself?! now if I can just get my car looking as hot as yours to complement these lights, then I'll be gtg! :D

Quote Originally Posted by Reelax View Post

thanks for the link and the break down. now, why would u suggest I wire my lows to stay on when my highs activate? they currently dont, but I don't know how good that would look without HIDs in the highs. besides with the extra light output of the projectors and HIDs I don't really see a need to go to my high beams anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by 8g831 View Post
    good job bro they came out sick..
    Quote Originally Posted by SkylineG1 View Post
    I give you guys props for doing this mod. Takes balls
    Thanks you guys. I'm just glad it come out good. Now I no longer have to be jelous when I see the sig's with the dual halo setup lol :) but its been a good journey along the way and the help and support from all of yall on here really kept me going so I appeciate it all!

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast