The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: how to remove scratches on windows? help

Showing results 1 to 20 of 20

how to remove scratches on windows? help

Anyone have any ideas? When I got my car it had scratches on the pass side window... nothing i have tried have done anything, anyone have anyideas?
    Mods:
    2 tone leather interior, touch screen navigation, 7inch headrest tv's, 17" Driftz Black and Polished rims, 215 50 17 Goodyear Eagle Nct5 tires Tein s lowering springs, kyb gr-2 struts, rearview mirror camera, diamond black paint custom front and lower grill, Chrome door pillars., and chrome door handles. Powder coated my wipper arms wet black, exhaust heat sheild and my valve cover. 2nd gen led taillights

i def would like to know as well. all 4 of my windows have scratches from the windows going up and down. Don't know how or why, but it annoys me.

what all have you tried so far??
    2002 Mitsubishi Galant ES 2.4L 4G64 */* !!NEW!! 03 Honda CBR F4i
    * a little done -*- more to come *
    My Dual Halo H3 Projector Project

got owned! so removed =)
    Last edited by IceDouTGaLanT; 06-08-2008 at 07:39 PM
    00 Galant ES Turbo/5-Speed
    13 GTR

on glass? That barley works on paint lol.....
    Mods:
    2 tone leather interior, touch screen navigation, 7inch headrest tv's, 17" Driftz Black and Polished rims, 215 50 17 Goodyear Eagle Nct5 tires Tein s lowering springs, kyb gr-2 struts, rearview mirror camera, diamond black paint custom front and lower grill, Chrome door pillars., and chrome door handles. Powder coated my wipper arms wet black, exhaust heat sheild and my valve cover. 2nd gen led taillights

opps kick my self for not reading the title lol..that always works for me on paint maybe it covered better on my begie color then black? glass scratches no idea
    00 Galant ES Turbo/5-Speed
    13 GTR

lol ok... but there has to be a way to remove the scratches on the window... maybe wetsanding and buffing...
    Mods:

have u tried steel wool and windex?

Webhosting for less than $3 a month? put "pinoyesv6" as a promo code.

Mods:

Quote Originally Posted by pinoyesv6 View Post
    have u tried steel wool and windex?
    has anyone done this? does it work?
    Mods:

Quote Originally Posted by guynlidia2006 View Post
    has anyone done this? does it work?
    worked for me. but yea, it also depends on how bad the scratches are.

It didnt scratch the window? Cause everything i see they use a polishing compound to get rid of the scratches..
    Mods:

TGC Regular
    lol ok... but there has to be a way to remove the scratches on the window... maybe wetsanding and buffing...
    You know, i think that would work. When i worked at an aircraft repair facility some of the technicians would talk about wetsanding and buffing out some deep scratches on the Air Force jets. Of course those windows are like 2 inches thick, but if you do a light wetsanding with some 1500-2000 grit i think you would have some success.
    Last edited by ericbla03; 06-08-2008 at 09:04 PM

Need some paint or bodywork done in Chicagoland or NW Indiana???.. http://www.alsautobodyexperts.com/

It didnt scratch the window? Cause everything i see they use a polishing compound to get rid of the scratches..
    thats the key to polishing and getting rid of the scratches. to get rid of a big scratch, you need to make a buncha smaller scratches. and to get rid of those you need to make even smaller scratches, and that keeps going til pretty much the scratches are almost invisible.

ok so i should just west sand it from what grit to what grit? what polish should i use?
    Mods:

G'sGalant2000
    You can wet sand it...or a home remedy is to use your girls clear nail polish and then sand it

anyone ever tried this ^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    Mods:

steel wool.

MJ2002
    i gotta feeling the weather strip on the bottom of the window is dry/cracked. also, it might be so close to the window, i would def. inspect it closely and do some adjusments

stkiflngaz
    also consider finding a used window...
    i got one for 20 on ebay

Also check inside your door. Because on the inside of the door, for most cars anyways, their is a piece of felt type fabric that pushes against the window to hold it somewhat still when its rolled down. When this fabric gets old, or dirty, it will scratch your window. So I would recommend replacing that no matter what, I need to do the same thing because that has ruined my tint.
    A ricer is someone who believes that lights, stickers, useless parts, stupid driving and any other abnormal or dangerous driving habits help them in their need for speed or attention.